Who in the world is going to start?!?

I'm all for the future and building for the future; HOWEVER, I want to WIN NOW! Whoever that QB is will be determined from the coaching staff. We as fans have had some bad years lately and quite frankly I wanna win some ball games this year with whoever gives us the best chance at qb. I look forward to what the future may hold for Volnation but I'm tired of looking ahead. Lets go out there this season and try to win and worry about the following years once this season concludes. May the best man win and take these seniors out on a good note and also show these recruits that the future is very bright on Rocky Top!

As I've posted before. Go back and check his high school stats and accolades. Last years vandy game had two interceptions that were completely on the receivers. If he were coming in this year with those high school stats y'all would be predicting ten wins. It's just the "new" has wore off so everybody's on to the next
Last year against Vandy, Worley had only one interception, which was due to Patterson running the wrong route. Bray had two.

Reactions: 2 people
1st part...100% agree.

2...huh?

3rd...from what I remember scouts thought his athleticism (arm strength, height, release) were a perfect fir for a pocket passer.

Just pointing out that the more athletic qb might not be the one who gives you the best chance to win.

2 - he was actually more accurate on the deep balls than the short stuff - he struggled with that - but that certainly wasnt enough to drop him out of draft

3 - if we are talking pure arm talent then yes he would be as good as anyone in the draft - I just meant his actual athleticism (more moving out of pocket to make throws) was certainly not as good as you would like - but agree with you that this is not a pre-requesite to success in the NFL - just saying it wasnt as if he was a "perfect" specimen for the NFL

2 - he was actually more accurate on the deep balls than the short stuff - he struggled with that - but that certainly wasnt enough to drop him out of draft

3 - if we are talking pure arm talent then yes he would be as good as anyone in the draft - I just meant his actual athleticism (more moving out of pocket to make throws) was certainly not as good as you would like - but agree with you that this is not a pre-requesite to success in the NFL - just saying it wasnt as if he was a "perfect" specimen for the NFL

#2 also one of reasons he never broke 60% completion %

just to compare to some other round 1 talents - andrew luck was 70+ his last 2 seasons at stanford, RG3 was 67 and 72, and Tannehill was 61 and 65

Watching the college football show on css last night CBJ spoke as if Worley was clearly ahead of Peterman as of now.

Oh ok Havent heard that. Pretty much all I have seen is everyone is getting an equal shot at winning the job. JW may win it and if it does great, means the Coach's think he gives us the best chance to win. But just what he has shown so far including the spring game to be a JR he didnt look any better than Peterman and they limited him and one of his strengths and he was throwing to mostly walkons. If it is Justin I hope like hell he has improved considerably. But sounds like Ferguson and Dobbs are getting every chance in the world to show out.

It always amazes me when people say that they should start a freshman to get him some experience for the future. It seems to make the most sense to get the JR. who has more experience and some starts more playing time. Someone who has been in the program, strength and condition program, learning the college game for a couple of years. Someone who has just as much high school accolades as the freshman who just arrived a month ago.

Dont see the benefit of that in a rebuilding yr, but thats not my decision and trust this staff. Justin wasnt near as highly ranked as Peterman, Dobbs or Ferguson.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh ok Havent heard that. Pretty much all I have seen is everyone is getting an equal shot at winning the job. JW may win it and if it does great, means the Coach's think he gives us the best chance to win. But just what he has shown so far including the spring game to be a JR he didnt look any better than Peterman and they limited him and one of his strengths and he was throwing to mostly walkons. If it is Justin I hope like hell he has improved considerably. But sounds like Ferguson and Dobbs are getting every chance in the world to show out.

They will continue to say those things publicly to keep players motivated. Doesn't mean they don't have a real good idea who is going out there..

WR, RB, DB and DE are spots still a jumble..

I saw nothing out of Peterman at the spring game that looked hopeful.

You mean the peterman that was playing with the 2nd string OL that gave up 4 sacks to corey vereen and that had like 3 walk on WRs on the field.....and FTR every time Worley went deep in the spring game he overshot the wr by like 7 yards

Peterman also had a beautiful 20-30 yard pass in between 2 defenders

Thought he said the players who give us the best chance to win will play. Experience can play a role here.

That's really what I meant to say...but it would be the same be it frosh or senior would give us the best chance to win. :hi:

Bray had a 1st round NFL grade based on "athleticism and size".

Yes and I have a first round draft status based on size too. I am 6'4" 230, does that make me an elite QB. H$LL NO This means nothing, Bray is not a first round talent or he would have been drafted in the first round...for that matter drafted at all.

Based on what?

How many guys have a 15-0 record under there belt and a a$$ whipping of Clowney in the process! Quit going by what he did when thrown to the wolves 2 yrs ago! Guy can play. He was national Gatorade player of the year coming out of HS. Remember the other guy we've had that came in with that credential? Yes it was Peyton Manning! Worley is and will be the starting QB this season barring injury!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 4 people
How many guys have a 15-0 record under there belt and a a$$ whipping of Clowney in the process! Quit going by what he did when thrown to the wolves 2 yrs ago! Guy can play. He was national Gatorade player of the year coming out of HS. Remember the other guy we've had that came in with that credential? Yes it was Peyton Manning! Worley is and will be the starting QB this season barring injury!

Tennesseeduke
Id look amazing too throwing the ball if I had cp catching it imo

Id look amazing too throwing the ball if I had cp catching it imo

I'm going to take a wild guess and lump you in with myself...we would look horrible trying to get the ball to CP...that's why we're plying our talents on here
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i am going with a resounding,who the hell knows :) I'm sure the coaches all ready have a good idea who will be starting,of course there is still a lot of practice time coming up,but it will probably be between Worley and Petermen as who is going to start this year,they have been in the strength and conditioning programs and have been working at there jobs at the college level for a while now,so i am assuming they have an edge and it won't be pretty,if CBJ is having to try and swap QBs during the season,hopefully who ever starts the first game of the year,is the one that plays the last game of the year,with a lot of success

Reactions: 1 person
no i was simply implying his high school stats are meaningless considering 100s of kids across the country have great high school stats yet arent great college QB's

he is a decent talent but you also have to keep in mind the 2 in state schools didnt recruit him so it shouldnt be a shock if a FR comes in and beats him out of the job

offer list of florida, florida state, lsu, notre dame & stanford! come on man, who gives a s*** about usc or clemson (other than you)?

Tennesseeduke

Very well said, Sir!

Based on what?

Based on the same analogy people on here use for cbj.. he won in high school so that automatically makes him a winner at tn..... right..cbj won at cincy which used to look at like a high school team to everyone in the sec .....lol

VN Store

Back