Who is easier to beat Gumps or Uggas?

Neither. Both are very tough. I'd say GA this year if we weren't playing in Athens. I'll say Bama this year because we're in Neyland.

I think GA has very suspect QB decision making. We can rush him into mistakes. With Nico making good decisions and Beck making bad decisions, we win. The game could very well be decided by turnovers.

I'd say Bama, if we can control the LOS and keep them from running and pressure Milroe without letting his legs open us up, is very very beatable.

Our games with GA and Bama will be some of the best in season football seen in America this season and that's extremely good for recruiting, even moreso if we take them both.

I was watching the game on Saturday along with everyone else in the SEC nation. After the first half I was thinking Georgia has had their run and they are very beatable and it will be a very competative game in Athens. Then after the third quarter and into the fourth i was thinking OH MY GOODNESS this Georgia team is on fire I would not want to play them. THEN Bama scores on that long pass play to win the game and was like HOLY COW, this Bama team is just crazy good and Milroe is faster than any player Tennessee has on its roster besides Squirell, but he doesn't play defensive back. I love my VOLS and they are HEAD and SHOULDERS better than last year and better than 2022 with the exception of Hooker (Nico is awesome and might win the Heisman, but it not Hooker '22 level). Defense is playing LIGHTS OUT!!!! But I would rather play Bama......but just my two cents.
We’re 14 points better than either.

Next question….

People need to stop getting caught up in rankings and a team name- giving them the benefit of the doubt they’re just awesome.

Georgia is slow and not explosive on offense and Bama isn’t very deep (unusual). Both beatable teams.

I think Texas beat UGA by 21 points here in a few weeks.

I would put McCoy on Williams and let that play out. He’s a young fella still and can be man handled.

We’re 14 points better than either.

Next question….

People need to stop getting caught up in rankings and a team name- giving them the benefit of the doubt they’re just awesome.

Georgia is slow and not explosive on offense and Bama isn’t very deep (unusual). Both beatable teams.

I think Texas beat UGA by 21 points here in a few weeks.

I would put McCoy on Williams and let that play out. He’s a young fella still and can be man handled.
Delusional. Hope that doesn’t offend you. 😉

If the officiating is like it was Sat. night, neither. Some of the worst officiating I've seen. There was PI or holding on most pass plays--both ways.

We always blame penalties for a loss, but some folks don’t get bothered in the slightest over strange officiating. I’m with the crowd that officiating is rarely even these days. Hopefully the powers over game officials want to see the Vols win for whatever reason.

Uga, watching the UK and bama game their offense is very mid without bowers and mcconkey, including the Oline i think we we'll be able to abuse them upfront more than kentucky and bama already did. The only reason they got back into that game was because bama let their foot off the gas. their defense is not as good as its been in the past and i think we'll be able to move the ball on it this go around. have them going 9-3 with losses to us and little UT.

Reactions: TN1111 and perico
The thing that amazes me most about this place is so many can't seem to enjoy the right now.

Truth. And what gives us the right to look past three SEC games like they're already in the 'W' column. You think Ole Miss fans were talking about beating UGa and going undefeated before losing to KY? I'd bet on it.

We have a well coached team that's a blast to watch and 1/3 of the season is already gone. Damn, just enjoy the ride instead of wishing the season away - Alabama and Georgia will come soon enough. And I'd hardly describe either one as "easier to beat".

Maybe we’ll get the first Georgia and the second half Bama. Still won’t be easy. Ryan Williams looks like he was made in a laboratory. I can’t believe how fortunate Beck was on his second half throws. He put up a lot of 50/50 balls. Kirk said he was flirting with interceptions on every throw.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was watching the game on Saturday along with everyone else in the SEC nation. After the first half I was thinking Georgia has had their run and they are very beatable and it will be a very competative game in Athens. Then after the third quarter and into the fourth i was thinking OH MY GOODNESS this Georgia team is on fire I would not want to play them. THEN Bama scores on that long pass play to win the game and was like HOLY COW, this Bama team is just crazy good and Milroe is faster than any player Tennessee has on its roster besides Squirell, but he doesn't play defensive back. I love my VOLS and they are HEAD and SHOULDERS better than last year and better than 2022 with the exception of Hooker (Nico is awesome and might win the Heisman, but it not Hooker '22 level). Defense is playing LIGHTS OUT!!!! But I would rather play Bama......but just my two cents.

I understood your post until you said Nico might win the Heisman....at that point you lost all credibility. He is not even close to Heisman numbers.

Plus, just enjoy the now. Be where your feet are!!

Georgia has looked more beatable than Alabama.

to be competitive against Bama (goes for Arky and Florida also), we have to find a way to protect Nico. That is now the area where Tennessee can win or lose games.
Agreed. I think our front 7 will give both UGA and Bama trouble, but I also think their Dlines will be a major problem for us. Between the bama and UGA starting offensive lines, the lowest rated player is a high 4 star. We are not comparable up front on offense. Nico will need to get rid of the ball quickly.

Dunno, Forrest was pretty fast and he beat the crap out of the guy at the Black Panther Party.
But if you beat a dog the animal lovers will come outta the woodwork after yo butt.

Didn't see any run game from Georgia, and didn't see any run game outside Milroe from Bama. Admittedly I didn't see all of the first half, just bits and pieces. I think Alabama's D is suspect as well. That Williams kid made two unbelievable catches, but that "Kill Everyone" on the tape under his eyes was a REALLY bad look, especially after the mass shooting in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. That's a culture thing. Had me thinking he must be a Georgia transfer. Saban would have ripped that tape right off his head.

I’m not sure either team is easier. Candidly, both played a half of football that blew the other out. Bama made the play at the end but UGA had the game in two different spots. Bama had the game but melted down for all but two plays of the 4th quarter.

It was a big game and both turned the ball over, both made huge plays down the stretch. As others have said the home game is likely the one we will have better odds to win.

Neither will be easy. Neither will be easier.

To win it all you have to beat ‘‘em all. LFG!

The thing that amazes me most about this place is so many can't seem to enjoy the right now.
Biggest reason in my mind is that a lot of folks care more about Bama, Florida, and UGA right now. Fulmer said it himself: coaches here get judged on those three games. Hard to enjoy the now when you have those three coming up. We have our history with Arkansas from the 90s and early 00s, but beating them doesn't really "scratch that itch". I am confident Heupel and the lads are not overlooking anybody, especially an Arkansas team that is a few plays away from being 5-0, but as a fan I know I care more about the three above than anything else going on this season.

Didn't see any run game from Georgia, and didn't see any run game outside Milroe from Bama. Admittedly I didn't see all of the first half, just bits and pieces. I think Alabama's D is suspect as well. That Williams kid made two unbelievable catches, but that "Kill Everyone" on the tape under his eyes was a REALLY bad look, especially after the mass shooting in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. That's a culture thing. Had me thinking he must be a Georgia transfer. Saban would have ripped that tape right off his head.
Williams will have his comeuppance. Not sure where and when, but rarely do you have a player just dominate every game. He may be fast and slippery, but somebody is going to take his head off at some point.

Reactions: posivol and adowns
Biggest reason in my mind is that a lot of folks care more about Bama, Florida, and UGA right now. Fulmer said it himself: coaches here get judged on those three games. Hard to enjoy the now when you have those three coming up. We have our history with Arkansas from the 90s and early 00s, but beating them doesn't really "scratch that itch". I am confident Heupel and the lads are not overlooking anybody, especially an Arkansas team that is a few plays away from being 5-0, but as a fan I know I care more about the three above than anything else going on this season.
Cool. I enjoy all of'em.

If Tennessee played either one today, they could be competitive with either IF they can protect Nico. That is the question and would be critical to staying close IF they played today.

They don't play today. Bama is in almost 3 weeks. Georgia is mid-November.

No one knows if any of the teams will have all the players they have today or lose a critical piece. Plus they have other games to play so what would be the mental makeup of the teams? What if Georgia loses a couple more games before then? Will they care if they beat UT or not?

Lot of time and questions to be answered before the games.

UGA's defense will more of challenge for the offense. Bama's offense will be more of a challenge for the defense. They're both going to be tough outs. You got to keep Milroe in the the pocket. Beck will throw it to you if you rush him.

I would say Bama, just because it is at home. Beck has been very inconsistent, which can certainly hamper them. I would absolutely say Georgia if they were at home.

Reactions: firestorm

VN Store

Back