Who will emerge as UTs quarterback?

Who will emerge as UT's quarterback?

• Total voters
I have to agree.

:blink: (Did I say that?) :lol:

Seriously, if Sis Leak's comments had affected CPF's dealings with C.J., then C.J. would never have been considered for QB to start with. Just my :twocents: .

Vol fan stuck in Col, Oh who just found this site.... i love the insight. Will Leak seeing serious playing time as a safety?

Originally posted by mcnolte@Aug 26, 2004 2:43 PM
Vol fan stuck in Col, Oh who just found this site.... i love the insight. Will Leak seeing serious playing time as a safety?

Good question...maybe ought to be it's own thread though...

Before the season I thought Leak was going to be the starter...with the offensive scheme being dumbed down a bit on secondary reads and progressions... the choice by CPF to select dual 1st fresman QBs was a surprise for me...

Originally posted by VinnyWho+Aug 26, 2004 4:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VinnyWho @ Aug 26, 2004 4:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mcnolte@Aug 26, 2004 2:43 PM
Vol fan stuck in Col, Oh who just found this site.... i love the insight.  Will Leak seeing serious playing time as a safety?

Good question...maybe ought to be it&#39;s own thread though...

Before the season I thought Leak was going to be the starter...with the offensive scheme being dumbed down a bit on secondary reads and progressions... the choice by CPF to select dual 1st fresman QBs was a surprise for me... [/quote]
I think it suprised everybody.

As for Leak playing safety I don&#39;t really expect him to see much action unless it&#39;s in mop up time. Banks on the other hand I think will play alot at safety.

"As for Leak playing safety I don&#39;t really expect him to see much action unless it&#39;s in mop up time. Banks on the other hand I think will play alot at safety. "

Is Bank&#39;s going to be able to knock off B.S. off the field to even get a chance(time for an attitude check son) and C.J. has been used to dodging tackles not laying one on somebody for a long time ...I don&#39;t think he can adjust...time will tell.

where does this leave baby brother rick? also, if the offense is going to be trimmed down like it was 2 years ago 4 j.b. then it&#39;s going to be a long season.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Aug 26, 2004 4:26 PM
"As for Leak playing safety I don&#39;t really expect him to see much action unless it&#39;s in mop up time. Banks on the other hand I think will play alot at safety. "

Is Bank&#39;s going to be able to knock off B.S. off the field to even get a chance(time for an attitude check son) and C.J. has been used to dodging tackles not laying one on somebody for a long time ...I don&#39;t think he can adjust...time will tell.

BS?

Originally posted by samanderson@Aug 25, 2004 1:15 PM
I am simply elated over Fulmer making this decision about naming the two freshmen quarterbacks co-number 1&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; It is very much out of character for him, though, and it does make me wonder a bit if a few of the powers that be which lord over him have insinuated that this season had better not be "business as usual."

Anyway, freshman with great talent need to get out on the field early to ensure reaching maximum potential before ending their collegiate careers. Fulmer&#39;s reluctance to put them in the thick of things early has always frustrated the heck out of me, and have also, I believe, shaken the confidence of some very good recruits. Also, I think it has hampered our recruiting at times when it came to attracting some of the exceptionally great recruits. Those guys expect to get into the thick of things right away.

Regardless of our record this season, watching the two freshmen develop will be great fun. I just hope that one of them will rise to the top and be the true starter. I have never liked a two quarterback system.

Has anyone gotten any inside info on which of the two the other players on the team prefers to have calling the signals?

Finally, think about this. Crompton, who is already more highly touted than Ainge or Shaeffer ever were, will be joining the team next year. I am willing to bet the farm that whichever of the two that gets the least playing and starting time this year will be moving on after this season. It very well could get nasty with that much young and exceptional talent at the quarterback position if one of them doesn&#39;t head elsewhere. That is a good problem to have so long as it doesn&#39;t cause divisiveness among the team.

Anyone else got any thoughts or predictions on this?? I want to hear anything on your minds. As I said, Fulmer has really blown me away with this move, and I can&#39;t help but wonder if there is more to it than evaluating the talent. Is Fulmer punishing Leak because his brother acted so foolish and vindictive????

and isn&#39;t their another Clausen brother? :huh:

Originally posted by vol_freak+Aug 26, 2004 5:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Aug 26, 2004 5:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-volmanjr@Aug 26, 2004 4:26 PM

Is Bank&#39;s going to be able to knock off B.S. off the field to even get a chance(time for an attitude check son) and C.J. has been used to dodging tackles not laying one on somebody for  a long time ...I don&#39;t think he can adjust...time will tell.

BS? [/quote]
He&#39;s using a polite term for crap, Freak.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Aug 28, 2004 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Aug 28, 2004 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 26, 2004 5:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-volmanjr
@Aug 26, 2004 4:26 PM

Is Bank&#39;s going to be able to knock off B.S. off the field to even get a chance(time for an attitude check son) and C.J. has been used to dodging tackles not laying one on somebody for  a long time ...I don&#39;t think he can adjust...time will tell.

BS?

He&#39;s using a polite term for crap, Freak. [/quote]
Gotcha. I was thinking he was referring to someone&#39;s initials. :rolleyes:

hillbilly, I think there is one more Clausen.

What&#39;s up, I am new here. I am a junior at Glencoe High School in Hillsboro, Ainge&#39;s home town. His parents live about three blocks from where I&#39;m writing this right now. I saw every game he played his junior and senior year (he was a junior when I was a freshman), and I have to say that he has one of the best heads under pressure I&#39;ve seen, and an incredible arm. There was also another reason he put up such incredible numbers in high school: His coach, and one of my former math teachers, Craig Reucker, is one of the best coaches in Oregon HS football history and he had Cory Ellis at the opposite ends of most of his passes, the number one ranked reciever in the state of Oregon. Anyways, just standing behind the hometown hero.

And I&#39;m now a Vols fan. :thumbsup:

P.S. I find it a bit ironic that our high school&#39;s mascot is Crimson Tide :lol:

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 18, 2004 11:22 PM
And I&#39;m now a Vols fan. :thumbsup:

P.S. I find it a bit ironic that our high school&#39;s mascot is Crimson Tide :lol:

What a night to discover Vol football&#33;&#33; After a game like that, just take a tape of it to your high school on Monday. I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll change the team name and mascot right away. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Vol Nation&#33;

:welcome:

Nah, I started watching from the season opener against UNLV. And at least when I&#39;m rooting for the Crimson Tide, it&#39;s the right Crimson Tide. Go Vols&#33;

Thanks for the welcome.

I think Schaeffer better get fit for some RB gear. :lol: Seriously though, both QBs present their own great strengths. Ainge made incredible throws under pressure.

Yeah, with that TD run Schaeffer made against UNLV in the opener?&#33; You gotta be kidding me. That was nuts.

I played ball my freshman and sophomore years as well... Was always trying to figure out how the hell Ainge could throw in those situations. Just natural instinct, I suppose. It&#39;s not even like he had that good of a defense to practice against in scrimmages after school -- Our school&#39;s defense gave up an average of something like 35 points a game last season (but we still made it into the playoffs). Just Erik and Cory Ellis, top reciever in the state.

Now we&#39;re suffering pretty bad because Ellis is off to play baseball for Oregon State and Ainge is with the Vols. We&#39;re starting a sophomore as a QB.

:flush:

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 19, 2004 2:26 PM
Yeah, with that TD run Schaeffer made against UNLV in the opener?&#33; You gotta be kidding me. That was nuts.

I played ball my freshman and sophomore years as well... Was always trying to figure out how the hell Ainge could throw in those situations. Just natural instinct, I suppose. It&#39;s not even like he had that good of a defense to practice against in scrimmages after school -- Our school&#39;s defense gave up an average of something like 35 points a game last season (but we still made it into the playoffs). Just Erik and Cory Ellis, top reciever in the state.

Now we&#39;re suffering pretty bad because Ellis is off to play baseball for Oregon State and Ainge is with the Vols. We&#39;re starting a sophomore as a QB.

:flush:

:welcome: :welcome:

Ainge has definitely impressed me. Man does he have a cannon&#33;&#33;&#33;

I guess I should probably close this poll. Most of the new members probably don&#39;t know this has been out since pre-season. :dunno:

VN Store

Back