Why are conservatives not funny?

You're citing a pretty soft definition of the term. Many people (easily a majority) who espouse that ideology will say that goes nowhere near far enough, and that people who just acknowledge it are "fake allies" or some other term.

Not sure I agree with you on your take. I think you're talking about a vocal pocket of woke people who put a purity test on others.

Literally, the word woke just means alert. It doesn't mean you hold very specific and absurd positions. It's like saying conservatives believe abortion is murder. It's not true. Plenty of conservatives support some cases, even if a vocal pocket of conservatives talks the loudest about it being murder.

Not sure I agree with you on your take. I think you're talking about a vocal pocket of woke people who put a purity test on others.

Literally, the word woke just means alert. It doesn't mean you hold very specific and absurd positions. It's like saying conservatives believe abortion is murder. It's not true. Plenty of conservatives support some cases, even if a vocal pocket of conservatives talks the loudest about it being murder.
IMO, you are using a definition of woke as it was commonly believed maybe 5 or 6 years ago. The current understanding of the term goes way beyond simply being aware of injustices. DEI, the various programs on college campuses, etc., are all about doing something about it.

And FWIW, I would guess than a majority of pro-life conservatives (redundant term) do think that abortion is murder.

IMO, you are using a definition of woke as it was commonly believed maybe 5 or 6 years ago. The current understanding of the term goes way beyond simply being aware of injustices. DEI, the various programs on college campuses, etc., are all about doing something about it.

And FWIW, I would guess than a majority of pro-life conservatives (redundant term) do think that abortion is murder.

Yeah, because conservatives literally waged campaigns to morph the brand, which is what you're inadvertently doing right now. According to you, I'm not woke. I don't pass your purity test. Ironic.

Screenshot_20240228-195024_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, because conservatives literally waged campaigns to morph the brand, which is what you're inadvertently doing right now. According to you, I'm not woke. I don't pass your purity test. Ironic.

View attachment 623746
I don't subscribe to the ideology, so I don't have a test for it. I have just seen the ideology become more hardline over time. I think for myself; I don't believe the way that I do because Chris Rufo and other conservative activists have made political hay out of it. Simply being aware, or making observations, about perceived injustices is "performative allyship." This is their own words, not Rufo's or someone else's analysis of it.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back