Why Clausen Should Start Thread

ainge though may get even smarter this year watching clausen ainge himself said he learned alot watching clausen ainge is only a sophmore anyhow he would still have 2 years left

if people agree clausen is smarter on the field why would they want ainge out there at this point the future is ainge but were not in the future were in the present

so what your telling me is you want a sophmore who knows less on the field then having a senior that knows more, with respect thats absurd

How so? Is Ainge really that much worse than Clausen? Ainge has the physical tools to hang with anybody, Clausen does not. We will need that. In case you haven't noticed a few of the teams on our schedule, we have Georgia, LSU and Alabama among others. You think Clausen can beat their pass defenses?

I really don't want to think about that....I love Rick...I really do but with him at the helm it makes me quite nervous

There's a reason that Ainge beat out Clausen last year. Logic would seem to dictate that it will happen again.

i understand what your saying miloh but clausen was never given a chance and we all know that i like ainge but i think clausen gives us the better chance right now i have seen ainge force alot of throws and he is the one that worrys me ever since auburn eat him alive i have questioned ainges decision making

How was he not given a chance? He played all of the end of the year and lost the starting job in the spring of last year

yes and when he did play at the end of the year he looked at most times like a 4 year starter when ricks back at qb i know he wont force a throw 5 times out of 10 only a couple people agree with me that clausen should start simply because ainge not starting isnt the popular decision people talk about ainge as if hes brought a national championship to knoxville

i cant tell you why because i dont know why, thats what i dont understand why is ainge starting the popular decision i mean think about it he showed us a little bit at times but in only a handful of games its not like hes been here for 2 or 3 years and has alot of high lights ainge is good no doubt but if he does start and starts screwing up forcing throws everyone will say clausen should have started

lets not forget im a vol fan and am not throwing off on ainge hes good but i think he forces alot of throws and makes at times bad decisions and when auburn was putting on the pressure he just completely broke down we all seen it

It's reasonable to say Ainge is overrated in that some call him the next Peyton, which we all know is a far cry from anything Ainge has proved. Ainge has shown, however, with a little increased ability to get right into the ball game without having to watch, he can take most defenses in the SEC.

Originally posted by vols1@Apr 22, 2005 6:13 PM
lets not forget im a vol fan and am not throwing off on ainge hes good but i think he forces alot of throws and makes at times bad decisions and when auburn was putting on the pressure he just completely broke down we all seen it

Really? How'd Clausen do against the Barn?

It's easy to look good against 3 of the 4 teams Clausen started against.

it shouldnt be to puzzling it comes down to this who is the smarter qb i think most people think clausen is however his physical tools are of question to some

I am just curious at a lot of your logic.

Where do you think most people think Clausen is smarter?

well ut im pretty new here but just by going around the board i have figured that out plus i have had the privilege to see them both play in person and to me clausen is a smarter qb, hey im not saying ainge is bad and if hes the better guy then he should play but to me and im no brent hubbs i feel more comfortable with rick sorry if thats bad

and yes miloh its very reasonable to say ainge is overrated i mean comparing ainge to peyton come on thats just ridiculous

I wouldnt go as far as saying clausen is smarter. Ainge was in his first game starting when he lost to auburn, but think about it, thats the only game he lost. plus our defense was sucking in the first auburn game, not saying that they didn't in the second game.

I just don't see the logic in saying clausen is smarter. Because he tore apart vandy and kentucky? I dont know if thats alot. I will say that he had a good cotton bowl game. But ainge is very smart, very atheltic, and very very talented. He is our guy.

VN Store

Back