Why Music Sucks Now

Not even close

You're right. I forgot the Revivalist. They play 3 artists. ;) (Actually, I do think Revivalist were most played artist the last 30 days)

I'm obviously kidding a bit but we travel a lot in the car. Those 3 artists are by far the most played. Next would be Warren Haynes which is understandable since his wife ran the channel. It's a shame their rotation of songs is rather limited. But, still some good stuff on there for sure.

Last edited:
You're right. I forgot the Revivalist. They play 3 artists. ;)

I'm obviously kidding a bit but we travel a lot in the car. These 3 artists are by far the most played. Next would be Warren Haynes for years but I'm not sure his wife is still a part of the station.
There might be one day those artists are on there frequently, but most days that's not true. I listened to it several nights last week at the cabin and very rarely heard any of the three

There might be one day those artists are on there frequently, but most days that's not true. I listened to it several nights last week at the cabin and very rarely heard any of the three

Seriously just joking around but TTB is on right now.

I've become a fan of King Gizzard.
I like them. Been trying to see them live for awhile but it never works out. They are crazy. So much material and so many styles. They will try anything. First time I heard Rattlesnake on JamOn I was not a fan. It grew on me.

Lol . . . It's sad but true. I was on the golf course the other day and noticed my play list struggled to have anything post about 2010 and realized I'm now my Dad driving around listening to the the Beach Boys on the Oldies station.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and today's music does not hold a candle to those decades.

Reactions: Pennheel
I’m a little late to the party but I have found that albums aren’t as cohesive as they used to be pre-streaming. I used to love listening to albums start to finish but now I find most albums to be a random playlist for streaming purposes. Now AI has become prevalent which has caused some artists to become lazier

I will say this. I absolutely detest some sad girl or guy slow-singing a cover song for a commercial.

I will say this. I absolutely detest some sad girl or guy slow-singing a cover song for a commercial.

Not a cover, but your comment reminded me of one of my favorite trailers ever...Pumpkins slow-singing a re-working of their own song.

Not a cover, but your comment reminded me of one of my favorite trailers ever...Pumpkins slow-singing a re-working of their own song.

That's not bad at all. I was speaking more of the folksy artist that you could see at a random coffee shop.

That's not bad at all. I was speaking more of the folksy artist that you could see at a random coffee shop.

For sure, I got you, that's just where my mind went. Trailers are technically "commercials" but it's not the same game.

Not sure if you've ever used the Nugs.net app but it seems like something you might like. Jambands and more upload their all their concerts. Great service.
You should check out Umphrey's show from The Caverns last night. They absolutely lit it up. They literally didn't stop during either set. Such a cool venue. Well worth the 30 min drive😁

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
You should check out Umphrey's show from The Caverns last night. They absolutely lit it up. They literally didn't stop during either set. Such a cool venue. Well worth the 30 min drive😁

Solid show. Heard most of the first set driving around today.

Looking forward to the Disco Biscuits run over Halloween at the Caverns. Probably my fav live band and has been for awhile. Nonstop party once they get going.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Doesn't every generation think the new generation's music sucks? I think it's just part of getting older. That being said, todays music sucks.
I quit listening to new stuff circa 2004 😂 I was like that’s it, I’m out.. fortunately with Sirius or your iphone you can do that 😂

VN Store

Back