Will Butch Jones restore Tennessee to Greatness?

I see what you're saying. I don't think we'll have that problem, but even if we did I'd rather have a great coach and see him leave than just have a terrible coach staying here.

I don't think we"ll have that problem either.

I bet most of the nay-sayers from december have been flipped. I can't say one or the other because I haven't seen him coach this team yet. With that said, If he can coach half as well as he can recruit...... the future looks bright :good!:

I think he'll get us back to the point that we're seeing 8-9 wins a year. However, the only times the type of offense he runs has been successful at a championship level in the SEC is when it's being run by a Heisman level QB. Since I don't see any those on the horizon, I'll say I'm skeptical that he'll ever actually win the conference with that offensive style.

I'm not overly optimistic, I'm a Vol fan. I just can't wait to see what he does in recruiting next year if this team can win 7, upset one of the big five, and win a bowl game. I doubt that will happen but we're due.

I think he'll get us back to the point that we're seeing 8-9 wins a year. However, the only times the type of offense he runs has been successful at a championship level in the SEC is when it's being run by a Heisman level QB. Since I don't see any those on the horizon, I'll say I'm skeptical that he'll ever actually win the conference with that offensive style.

Some of you are just adorable. Almost every SEC champ has had a Heisman candidate.

Wow,if you want to know where the fortune tellers are, there here on volnation.We all have our hopes for the upcoming season(s),but alot of us want to predict and knitpick predictions.....hell, let it go. Butch Jones will either be as worse,better than, or the best coach we ve had since the General,Dikcey,Fulmer,Dooley,etc. Damn,i wish sept would get here.....until then,you guys can tell me what will happen when and where...who is this and who is that.Farg it

Reactions: 1 person
I will be happy when he gets to coach his first game and then have a chance to make improvements. It sure is hard to gauge a person and how they will be coach a team until they actually have a chance to coach a game. The team he has taken over was in the crapper, everyone needs to relax and give the man a chance.

Wow,if you want to know where the fortune tellers are, there here on volnation.We all have our hopes for the upcoming season(s),but alot of us want to predict and knitpick predictions.....hell, let it go. Butch Jones will either be as worse,better than, or the best coach we ve had since the General,Dikcey,Fulmer,Dooley,etc. Damn,i wish sept would get here.....until then,you guys can tell me what will happen when and where...who is this and who is that.Farg it

:clapping: lol! well said.

The thing I think we'll get to see with this staff is something that we haven't seen in a number of years and that is coaching.

It became obvious to me that the previous staff was hated by the players and they gave up when times got tough,

Wow,if you want to know where the fortune tellers are, there here on volnation.We all have our hopes for the upcoming season(s),but alot of us want to predict and knitpick predictions.....hell, let it go. Butch Jones will either be as worse,better than, or the best coach we ve had since the General,DIKCEY,Fulmer,Dooley,etc. Damn,i wish sept would get here.....until then,you guys can tell me what will happen when and where...who is this and who is that.Farg it

Dikcey?....wasn't he the coach of the 85 Bears? =D
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You don't know what's going to happen. He may come in here loaded with trickeration and freak errbody out. He might get 4 players a year nominated for the hypesman trophy. Oh wait, the next season starts in a little over a month, guess we'll see what happens then.

I hope so I'm glad there is excitement for UT football again. Reminds me of the excitement that Bruce Pearl brought to the basketball program.

Your grammar is as worse as Dooley

VN Store

Back