Willie Martinez update?

I mean they won a conference title in 05 with him as DC. Dude won seven conference titles with different teams. Won a national title as a player.

Y’all might want to at least read a bio on the man before spewing nonsense.
We agree on this. WM doesn't deserve the hate he gets

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Random question but does anyone have blitz percentages and how often we sent extra guys. I’m not sure if PFF would have it or not.

And our CBs are just not fundamentally sound either. How many times did they fail to turn their heads? Simple stuff. You hear people talk about oh Martinez has out so many guys in the NFL over the past 30 years. But are any of them really any good? Very few.
This seems to be the biggest problem to me. Are most fundamental thing not teachable. If they are then our guys are not smart/teachable or our staff can't teach. If it is the first stated, then we have a problem recruiting and or evaluating prospects. If you agree with what I am saying, then as I do, you must look to the staff as the problem.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
Correct. The only thing thats improved on our defense is the Defensive line Play. Our Linebackers still get lost in coverage from time to time and our DBs cant cover man to man.
I don’t understand how more folks don’t realize this. I know lockdown CBs are hard to find. You find the talent and then develop them. We seemed to have gone another route. We continued to put our old mules that were too slow out there in a soft zone. They can thank the DL for it not being worse than what it was. If CWM is so good why were we continuing this strategy?

Reactions: coachchia

VN Store

Back