Windy's football discussion thread.

Holy shite. I didn’t expect to break into the top ten. I figured we be around 12. But lots of teams struggled. Can’t wait to hear the crying from all the teams we jumped.
2 weeks in, it doesn't matter. I mean, I am glad we're #7, but every team is gonna have a chance to do what they have to do to get up there or stay up there.
Win and it takes care of itself.

2 weeks in, it doesn't matter. I mean, I am glad we're #7, but every team is gonna have a chance to do what they have to do to get up there or stay up there.
Win and it takes care of itself.
Yup and preseason wishful thinking still is effecting the ranking.....After oklahoma..THEN I will pay attention to rankings a bit...not until then. i truly do believe we'll be undefeated when we take on Bama though..and I know I know I need not jinx it, but I feel this in my gut.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Reactions: hmanvolfan
Yup and preseason wishful thinking still is effecting the ranking.....After oklahoma..THEN I will pay attention to rankings a bit...not until then. i truly do believe we'll be undefeated when we take on Bama though..and I know I know I need not jinx it, but I feel this in my gut.
This ranking makes more sense to me then the others with the exception of ND still even being in the top 10. They're not ten woworthy.
I'm trying to figure this out. How does the FPI ranking make more sense than the "preseason wishful thinking" rankings when the FPI has us ranked higher? And you'll pay more attention to the preseason wishful thinking rankings after we play Oklahoma?

I admit I'm confused. 😕

I'm trying to figure this out. How does the FPI ranking make more sense than the "preseason wishful thinking" rankings when the FPI has us ranked higher? And you'll pay more attention to the preseason wishful thinking rankings after we play Oklahoma?

I admit I'm confused. 😕
Well as for FPI. I agree Texas should be ranked higher then Jawjaw at this point based on proven performance(even though I think Jawajaw will beat them). I agree Mizzou should be ranked lower. I agree Oregon should not be in top 10. I agree Clemson should be ranked higher. I agree LSU shoudl be ranked lower....etc etc... i just think the FPI makes more sense to my own estimations/observations overall. And I will pay more attention to the main polls later because they won't be preseason wishful thinking anymore. During start of season AP, and coaches poll both seem to defend their preseason rankings more, they keep teams ranked on what they THOUGHT they would be vs what they are. By mid way it's usually more inline with actual performance.

Well as for FPI. I agree Texas should be ranked higher then Jawjaw at this point based on proven performance(even though I think Jawajaw will beat them). I agree Mizzou should be ranked lower. I agree Oregon should not be in top 10. I agree Clemson should be ranked higher. I agree LSU shoudl be ranked lower....etc etc... i just think the FPI makes more sense to my own estimations/observations overall. And I will pay more attention to the main polls later because they won't be preseason wishful thinking anymore. During start of season AP, and coaches poll both seem to defend their preseason rankings more, they keep teams ranked on what they THOUGHT they would be vs what they are. By mid way it's usually more inline with actual performance.

Clemson did get boatraced by UGA....

Did Twitter/X officially drop the blue checkmark for verified accounts? I know the chaos goblin wanted to.

At any rate I guess the account was hacked?

Wait, where does Tulane come into this? I’m so confused, lol

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Sumrall played and coached at UK
He's at Tulane now
Stoops might retire...history of cardiac issues in family at young age

VN Store

Back