Windy's football discussion thread.

Josh Heupel talks about an important first that Nico Iamaleava handled in Tennessee Vols' romp over NC State​

"So, he played within himself. He responded extremely well to adversity. I think that's one of the things we really haven't seen from him yet. Really proud of his demeanor and being ready to come play the next play independently which is what you have to do as a quarterback."

I could see the Vols playing the Kent St. game vanilla af. However, since this is the final preseason game, think CJH is going to have the team doing a flea-flicker, wildcat, jumbo, fake punt, fake field goal, and maybe even an onside just to give the up coming opponent's coaching staffs a few more hours of sleep deprivation.

Either way, VOLS by 49.

I could see the Vols playing the Kent St. game vanilla af. However, since this is the final preseason game, think CJH is going to have the team doing a flea-flicker, wildcat, jumbo, fake punt, fake field goal, and maybe even an onside just to give the up coming opponent's coaching staffs a few more hours of sleep deprivation.

Either way, VOLS by 49.
Lulz. It is funny to think about.

That’s third string and walk-ons out there who just took the ball away and scored on the next play. The Volunteers are deep. It’s the Mariana Trench out there on both sides of the ball, and they’re playing like they’re starting and it’s 0-0.

Ok, why’s Texas and Vandy get shoutouts, and not a peep about the Vols?! 😡🤬😡
Like that Korean Swedish 95 95 there, the SEC Shorts executives just don't have the creative imagination that you and I have.

Seriously though, I think they just trying to be funny and there wasn't anything funny about our performance. It was strictly bidness. Jmho.

No major news just something to skim over if you're board.

Tennessee Volunteers (underrated)​

AP Poll preseason ranking: No. 15

Current ranking: No. 7

Josh Heupel expressed confidence in this group before the season if quarterback Nico Iamaleava played the way most expected he would and the other side of the football could gel at the back end with a bunch of newcomers. So far, so good on both accounts for the Vols. Another bright spot for the Vols has been the play of running back Dylan Sampson, who has taken the starting role and literally ran with it (five touchdowns). If this high-powered offense continues to show the competitive balance that's been displayed through the first two games of the season, Tennessee is going to have a say in the playoff picture down the stretch as one of the SEC's best.

VN Store

Back