WKU is gonna be a easy win.

I just don't see how they are going to be to handle our O-Line, if you cant get off the blocks on Defense that'll make them pretty vulnerable to the big play. Anything could happen, but games are won and lost with line play.

No no no no we're gonna lose because they beat Kensucky last week man! We don't stand a chance! The sky is falling! Logic should be thrown out at this point!

UT's Oline may be one of the best in the sEC---they will dominated WKU's D and wear them down. UT wins easily

Reactions: 1 person
Umm because last year we had a good game in the trenches and one of the top receiver corps and supposed quarterbacks in the country.

We truly did on offense. But Dooley and Sal's experiment in defense failure probably cost us at least two games last year. Then again, Dooley would still be our coach if that had happened. Everything happens for a reason.

We will probably win, but thinking that we can just cake walk right through a good football team in WKU is ridiculous.

here are two other facts:

1) the recruiting rank for 2014 is about as meaningful to this game as the price of tea in China.

2) if you factored in how many of those kids from the 09-11 classes are actually still here, you might not like the relative talent argument as much.

I think we win going away, but I fully expect Petrino to expose our DBs at times.

I concur.

i think we play with a little more attitude,don't let up not even on one play,could be close but i think 13 points is about right....our way of course

Okay here are some facts to stop the, "I'm scared of Bobby Petrino and WKU" $hit!

Recruiting rankings by rivals since 2010 since this is where the players on the team are relevant to.

Vols 2010 #9
2011 #13
2012 #17
2013 #21
2014 #2

WKU 2010 #89
2011 #90
2012 #75
2013 #90
2014 #91

bUTch PLEASE, Stop this crap! Oh and last time I checked, bUTch coaches our team, and train wreck Petrino coaches WKU!

This game will not be close!

Tennesseeduke

here are two other facts:

1) the recruiting rank for 2014 is about as meaningful to this game as the price of tea in China.

2) if you factored in how many of those kids from the 09-11 classes are actually still here, you might not like the relative talent argument as much.

Using past recruiting rankings has to be one of the most idiotic measuring sticks to use in predicting the outcome of a game.

See GAVol's 2nd point. UT's recruiting rankings would look completely different when you take Bray, Hunter, & Rogers out.

We'll see what happens. I think both teams will come prepared. Even though I would like to think UT would roll easily in this one, I have yet to see what kind of team the Vols have this year. This game will give a better indication than Austin Peay did.

Petrino should ride his motorcycle onto the field Saturday as a show of swagger to his team.

Vols win but they won't cover the spread.

This defense is a work in progress putting it nicely. No pass rush, no experience in the secondary, and a decent LB corp for the Vols should have Petrino salivating over something other than coeds for awhile.

Tennessee will average 8+ ypc. Worley will throw two TDs. The defense will keep WKU under 21 points. UT wins by 21 imo.

For the first time in 4 or more years we are deep in the trenches on both sides...Our o line is one of the best in the country an our d line aint to shabby either...Justin worley is gona throw 200 + yards witha couple tds...we will end up with 200 + rushing also....I dont understand why everyone is so worried abt this game we are gonna win handily by 3 tds book it!!

Best thing to happen was WKU beating Ky. WKU will now have the big head and Ky fans got a hard dose of reality. Glad Petrino didn't go to Ky.

Okay here are some facts to stop the, "I'm scared of Bobby Petrino and WKU" $hit!

Recruiting rankings by rivals since 2010 since this is where the players on the team are relevant to.

Vols 2010 #9
2011 #13
2012 #17
2013 #21
2014 #2

WKU 2010 #89
2011 #90
2012 #75
2013 #90
2014 #91

bUTch PLEASE, Stop this crap! Oh and last time I checked, bUTch coaches our team, and train wreck Petrino coaches WKU!

Tennesseeduke

You and the guy that posted this thread are idiots. We may very well win and win big, but to say it as if you know it with certainty, is typical of folks who understands very little about the game. Hopefully our football team approaches this game with a little more caution than than you guys. Get your head out of your @$$ - WKU is a very good football team. Not just b/c they beat UK, but they put up more rushing yards on BAMA last year than anyone else including the NC game. And guess what? That last year's team is predominantly back again this year. You think Petrino took over this program to start rebuilding from scratch? Trust me, this team is good, and we are going to have to bring our A game to win. If Mother F#@KER Jones herd you talking like this he would have your @$$ running up and down Neyland Stadium's bleachers!

For the first time in 4 or more years we are deep in the trenches on both sides...Our o line is one of the best in the country an our d line aint to shabby either...Justin worley is gona throw 200 + yards witha couple tds...we will end up with 200 + rushing also....I dont understand why everyone is so worried abt this game we are gonna win handily by 3 tds book it!!

Would someone please send the original poster a case of Cheetos. Anyone smokin that much has to have the munchies.

Would someone please send the original poster a case of Cheetos. Anyone smokin that much has to have the munchies.

So you actually think we're going to lose? I'm not saying we should take any team lightly (no coach worth his salt would ever do that) but people expecting to lose this game are ridiculous. WKU is NOT Arkansas. Just like when Butch brought a well coached, big east champion Cincinnati here.. The talent pool isn't where ours is. That is a fact. Coaching (first year with a team coaching at that) will only take them so far.

Proof that smoking crack destroys brain cells.

I don't think it is THAT out of line.

They also lost pretty handely to MTSU.

Until Bobby somehow builds some kind of android to play his team... there is only so much he can do frm the sideline.

Wyoming was supposed to be easy. UAB was suppose to be easy. Kentucky '11 was supposed to be an easy win

Irrelevant points at best: Fulmer had just been fired before the Wyoming game; that team that almost lost to UAB went 5-7; and SEC game will tough simply due to the fact that it is an SEC game. This game has absolutely nothing to do with the previous games mentioned or any similarities.

This whole debate is stupid, some people know where we are with this coach and others don't... Tennessee is going to win by 3 touchdowns at least, the talent level isn't even close... The line I saw earlier was UT by 12.5, take the points because the gas isn't going to come off at halftime like with Austin Peay... 1st team needs all the reps it can get for Oregon...

Edit: By the way, WKU was favored by 4.5 over Kentucky, that game is in no way, shape, or form a barometer for Tennessee...

In before someone says they covered and we didn't:)

Vols 2010 #9
2011 #13
2012 #17
2013 #21
2014 #2

WKU 2010 #89
2011 #90
2012 #75
2013 #90
2014 #91

Tennesseeduke

ahem...you mean motorcycle wreck Petrino.

VN Store

Back