WKU is gonna be a easy win.

I don't think it is THAT out of line.

They also lost pretty handely to MTSU.

Until Bobby somehow builds some kind of android to play his team... there is only so much he can do frm the sideline.

Expecting to beat WKU by anything close to what the UT-AP spread was is crazy (I know that Ut pulled the starters early but AP is a bad FSC team).

If last year was an indicator of this year (as your mentioning MTSU would imply) then the fact that WKU beat Troy worse than UT did last year is pertinent. I personally do not think it is as UT and WKU both have new staffs and changes in philosophy. But I believe most people would take WKU and 42 points any day.

Using past recruiting rankings has to be one of the most idiotic measuring sticks to use in predicting the outcome of a game.

See GAVol's 2nd point. UT's recruiting rankings would look completely different when you take Bray, Hunter, & Rogers out.

Except simple talent averages predict 2/3 of the football games played, across many seasons.

If you account for attrition you get well into the 80% prediction range. Yes, when you remove Bray, Hunter and Patterson the talent average drops but only slightly due to incoming talent. In fact, that loss isn't big enough to account for a one win difference in our schedule.

If you go a step further and break the teams down after attrition and compare offense v. defense position match-ups you can get to the point you are beating the spread over 2/3 of the time. You can even go a step further than that and calculate in the very real "coach effect" and home field advantage and prediction rates get down right scalpel precise.

Ever seen "Spies Like Us"? There is a great line that fits here: "We mock what we don't understand."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Except simple talent averages predict 2/3 of the football games played, across many seasons.

If you account for attrition you get well into the 80% prediction range. Yes, when you remove Bray, Hunter and Patterson the talent average drops but only slightly due to incoming talent. In fact, that loss isn't big enough to account for a one win difference in our schedule.

If you go a step further and break the teams down after attrition and compare offense v. defense position match-ups you can get to the point you are beating the spread over 2/3 of the time. You can even go a step further than that and calculate in the very real "coach effect" and home field advantage and prediction rates get down right scalpel precise.

Ever seen "Spies Like Us"? There is a great line that fits here: "We mock what we don't understand."

Now, now... This isn't the place for any of your witchcraft and sorcery magic...

In the interest of protecting WKY pride, lets negotiate their surrender right after the coin toss.

Surrender terms: We won't bUTch Slap you panzies if you relinquish $100,000 of the game proceeds due to WKY and you give Butch the keys to your scratched up Harley. In addition, all the girls in your little blue book will report to the athletic dorms and pass out Happy! Happy! Happy! Endings!

speaking of our dominant O-Line. It wasn't particularly comforting running the ball (I think) 3 times in a row inside the 5 and not being able to score, against AP. I know it's tougher to run when you're in that close, and the run game did look great most of the game, but it sure would be nice to be able to line it up and punch it in. Especially against AP.

For the first time in 4 or more years we are deep in the trenches on both sides...Our o line is one of the best in the country an our d line aint to shabby either...Justin worley is gona throw 200 + yards witha couple tds...we will end up with 200 + rushing also....I dont understand why everyone is so worried abt this game we are gonna win handily by 3 tds book it!!

I hope the team does not think like you. I hope they play hard and not think WKU will lay down for them.

Cool logical rebuttals to everything I said, bro! Coaches tell their players to take EVERY game seriously, that's famously referred to as "coach speak" and it exists for a reason... I get based on your overall response that you probably aren't to keen on a lot of things like that, but you should look it up...

I never said Jones is an idiot, so thanks for putting those words in my mouth... I mean, I'll go back and read it closely, but I don't think anything even remotely similar to that is going to be in my post anywhere... The exact reason I think WKU is mkgoing to be roflstomped is because Jones isn't an idiot...

Again, I'll look closely to see where I said the team should "take the week off", but I just don't remember sayingi I promise I will read closely... What I do believe is that given a solid week of practice (like the team should put in every week) coupled with a solid gameplan (see last sentence of prvious paragraph) as well as the talent disparity (see Rivals rankings for the past 3-4 years), Tennessee will cover the spread...

Based on my first post, and your response, one of us definitely is a "tard", I just hope you're able to figure it out sooner than later...
First of all numbnuts the title includes easy win. That in itself is narcissistic. This program is not even remotely at that state. For you to label it or whoever labeled it references your tarded behavior. If you believe Jones telling these kids to take this team serious as coach speak after they beat an sec team makes that a Tarded statement. Butch is not walking around in his first year going through the motions. Every game is important and not one is an easy win. That's narcissistic or egoist or whatever self centered label you want to put on it Smell a jockstrap and come back to reality.

I don't think it is THAT out of line.

They also lost pretty handely to MTSU.

Until Bobby somehow builds some kind of android to play his team... there is only so much he can do frm the sideline.

They lost by 5 on a late 4th QT kickoff return for a TD. Do some of you just spout off random bull**** thinking you actually have a clue what the hell you're talking about? Most of you are trying to use WKU's past "shortcomings" as evidence of why UT will murder them and your "evidence" isn't even remotely close.

Expecting to beat WKU by anything close to what the UT-AP spread was is crazy (I know that Ut pulled the starters early but AP is a bad FSC team).

If last year was an indicator of this year (as your mentioning MTSU would imply) then the fact that WKU beat Troy worse than UT did last year is pertinent. I personally do not think it is as UT and WKU both have new staffs and changes in philosophy. But I believe most people would take WKU and 42 points any day.

We beat UK worse than they did last year, too. So how's them beating Troy an indicator and is being better against UK any different? It's not. WKU doesn't have the talent to stack up with us for for quarters. However, I do agree that it won't be by 42. I think something along the lines of 35-13 or so. They don't have the defense to stop our run, and I think they have just enough offense to score a little on us. In the end we'll see come Saturday. No, you can't over look them, but this game shouldn't be much of a test.

For the first time in 4 or more years we are deep in the trenches on both sides...Our o line is one of the best in the country an our d line aint to shabby either...Justin worley is gona throw 200 + yards witha couple tds...we will end up with 200 + rushing also....I dont understand why everyone is so worried abt this game we are gonna win handily by 3 tds book it!!

Tap the brakes dude! We are not deep. Our 2nd team lines played the 2nd half saturday to a 0-0 tie. Bodies may be deep, but quality depth is what we need. If we get a injury or two we are in bad shape.

Are these idots that predict a blowout easy win over WK, the same ones that will call for Jones head on Sunday if the Vols do indeed lose?
Having been a Vol fan for over 40+ years, I do beleive we have some of the dumbest fans on the planet.
Go Vols

Are these idots that predict a blowout easy win over WK, the same ones that will call for Jones head on Sunday if the Vols do indeed lose?
Having been a Vol fan for over 40+ years, I do beleive we have some of the dumbest fans on the planet.
Go Vols

And some of the most negative

We are rebuilding a program, so there's no easy win. A win over WKU will come down to our D-Line in pass rushing and our secondary being there. I feel confident, we will cause enough disruptions to beat them them defensively. GBO

VN has to have to most negative fanbase there are! I can't believe that fans would set around and think up ways for us to lose! I look at this way if you can't have enough confidence in your team to think they can win every week go pull for someone else like WKY!! So go ahead flame away at me but I've got enough confidence in this team and staff that the WKY game will not be close! Here is my prediction....UT48...WKY17. GBO!!!!!!!!!!

Petrino's life skills may be laughable, but his coaching skills aren't. This won't be an easy win...I think we all know this.

for the first time in 4 or more years we are deep in the trenches on both sides...our o line is one of the best in the country an our d line aint to shabby either...justin worley is gona throw 200 + yards witha couple tds...we will end up with 200 + rushing also....i dont understand why everyone is so worried abt this game we are gonna win handily by 3 tds book it!!
oh nellie its going to be a barn burner like 41-38.:)

Go Vols
With you Bro. been fan over 40 years, come Sunday half the board would call for his head if indeed we lose which could happen with this young bunch.:eek:hmy:I think we win close, and i mean real close like 41-38.

First of all numbnuts the title includes easy win. That in itself is narcissistic. This program is not even remotely at that state. For you to label it or whoever labeled it references your tarded behavior. If you believe Jones telling these kids to take this team serious as coach speak after they beat an sec team makes that a Tarded statement. Butch is not walking around in his first year going through the motions. Every game is important and not one is an easy win. That's narcissistic or egoist or whatever self centered label you want to put on it Smell a jockstrap and come back to reality.

You're too dumb to ignore... This should be fun...

I didn't title this thread, however, I think the argument could clearly be made that "as wins go on Tennessee's schedule, this is certainly one of the easier ones"... That is neither inaccurate or "tarded" as you are struggling to find the right usage for...

Tennessee is at the stage where they can pick "There's an easy win", Vegas agrees... http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/tennessee has Tennessee as a 2 TD favorite in the area of UT-35/WKU-20... I've already gone over my reason for why I think Tennessee covers... I'm not too worried about a 5th place Sun Belt team... Sorry, just not... I know, I'm zany...

"If you believe Jones telling these kids to take this team serious as coach speak after they beat an sec team makes that a Tarded statement." The sentence structure is so awful here, I'm not even 100% sure what is being said... Does it make that a "tarded statement"??? Why do you have the word tarded capitalized??? I can't help you here...

"Butch is not walking around in his first year going through the motions." - You really struggle with this concept, I just don't remember saying Butch was simply going through the motions... As always, I will go back and read my posts to see where I said this, but at this point I'm starting to think you just struggle to put together any type of rebuttal or argument founded in logic and reasoning... I mean, your overuse of the word "tarded" is already well established, I just don't believe you and I are operating on similar mental levels, and with that being the case this conversation is almost unfair to you... So I apologize...

"Every game is important and not one is an easy win." - Every game is important, however there are easy wins, Austin Peay proves that point... But as statements for you go, 50% is a great job on your part... :thumbsup:

"That's narcissistic or egoist or whatever self centered label you want to put on it Smell a jockstrap and come back to reality." A little unfair of you to put this at the end, had I read this to start with I would have just given up immediately... Really, I don't even know what "smell a jock strap" means or infers, I don't see the relevance it has to anything at all...

All of my points can be found in my previous post, I have nothing more to add except one of us is using logic and reason, and one of us overuses the word "tarded" while waging an all out war on the English language, which I could accept... but... you're doing it all without offering a single, coherent thought on why WKU is going to beat Tennessee outside of "ain't no degum wins dang easy wins"...

VN Store

Back