Women's World Cup 2011

am I the only one who thinks that it's odd that the Women's World Cup is being sponsored, in part, by men's Rogaine?

Sweden's GK is having a Lebron James moment, disappearing when needed the most.

I cannot say enough of how proud I am of this team! Looking forward to playing a "for real" Japanese team on Sunday! Go USA!

Japanese people are some of the nicest (at least outwardly) and most hospitable in the world. I haven't met one Japanese person I didn't like- I usually cheer for them in everything. That said, I hope we Americans come away with a big win Sunday.

All Japan has to do is bounce kicks at Hope Bolo and they'll walk away with the hardware unless number one pulls her head out of the sand.

I watched some terrible soccer today. The French owned the 45th-79 minutes. Good thing a contest is 90 minutes long.

Sweden started out great. Japan is a superior passing team. The Swedes gave away the last goal vaulting the women from the land of the rising sun into the final.

All Japan has to do is bounce kicks at Hope Bolo and they'll walk away with the hardware unless number one pulls her head out of the sand.

I watched some terrible soccer today. The French owned the 45th-79 minutes. Good thing a contest is 90 minutes long.

Was this a serious post? She has done a good job tending the goal. On the play where the cross ended up in the goal, the only logical choice a keeper would make is that the header would go near-post. It went by and no one else picked it up. She cannot shoulder the blame for it. The goal sucked, but not her fault.

VN Store

Back