Women's World Cup 2011

Was this a serious post? She has done a good job tending the goal. On the play where the cross ended up in the goal, the only logical choice a keeper would make is that the header would go near-post. It went by and no one else picked it up. She cannot shoulder the blame for it. The goal sucked, but not her fault.

IMO Solo was wearing cement shoes and didn't shuffle her feet. I might be use to seeing a stronger male keeper diving for an errant ball to deflect it away from the goal mouth quicker than Solo.

IMO Solo was wearing cement shoes and didn't shuffle her feet. I might be use to seeing a stronger male keeper diving for an errant ball to deflect it away from the goal mouth quicker than Solo.

I see what you're saying, but I wouldn't be too quick to judge. I was trained by the best, Joe Machnik, Roy Messing for a couple of weeks at the position and became very good at it. In a situation like that, you know that if they get their head on the ball and go near post, your chances of making the save are almost nil, even if you make a split second decision. That, and you know heading it far post is much more difficult if the ball isn't coming to yu from the front rather than the side, or behind. Your mindset, momentum, inertia, whatever you wanna call it is prepared for that slam it home shot. When it passes by, you are left flat-footed. Had it happen to me....not fun watching a ball trickle in the goal.

I think she just looks bad by comparison because the USA has had great mens keepers for some time.

Rapinoe needs to start, Rodriguez has no swag.

edit: She's starting, game's already over.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Rapinoe needs to start, Rodriguez has no swag.

edit: She's starting, game's already over.

I don't like this matchup. We have size on them, to be sure, but their defense = a pack of rabid chihuahuas nipping at your heels.
Killer_Chihuahua.jpg

No. USA should be favored, cause Hope gives them the edge.

The most dangerous team was Germany (home field) and Japan just knocked them off. That's huge. If USA can get past Brazil it could be smooth sailing after that.

Hope being the best goalie in womens soccer tells me that there are no good goalies. She's so so at best

ESPN pregame crap killing my buzz. Why is their coverage so bad for everything? Darke is the only redeeming quality of their coverage for this event.

I hate how sports networks rarely announce the actual time that games begin. I knew it wasn't going to be at 2, but I should have known it would be closer to an hour after smh.

I hate how sports networks rarely announce the actual time that games begin. I knew it wasn't going to be at 2, but I should have known it would be closer to an hour after smh.

I've just been checking the wikipedia page for the 2011 women's world cup. Didn't let me down.

VN Store

Back