Women's World Cup 2011

Poor Hope, damn....

That call on the PK was weak as hell, as was the call that set up the last goal.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It was weak, but she did a piss poor job judging that ball off the deflection.

Still feel bad that these are the two goals she gives up. The game has been very even, luck just hasn't been on the Americans side.

Disappointed in the Swedish women, I expected much better.

the first one, I'll give you. The second was a terrible read. Of course, the ref that called for a free kick on the second made a poor choice to begin with.

I haven't really been that impressed with brazil. Yeah, they have Marta and a real physical defense, but we have just a good of chance to advance as they do

Brazil will be very tough defensively. I'm not certain an offensive performance like the one against Sweden will be enough to beat them. We'll need luck, and a flawless effort inside our box. Espeacially on deep runs through the middle.

Still feel bad that these are the two goals she gives up. The game has been very even, luck just hasn't been on the Americans side.

Disappointed in the Swedish women, I expected much better.

that Urkvist (sp) chick could run like a gazelle

France eliminates England on penalty kicks. Japan eliminates Germany.

Germany's head coach must have been stunning in her youth.

Is Brazils womens team good their mend team?

No. USA should be favored, cause Hope gives them the edge.

The most dangerous team was Germany (home field) and Japan just knocked them off. That's huge. If USA can get past Brazil it could be smooth sailing after that.

Brazil will be very tough defensively. I'm not certain an offensive performance like the one against Sweden will be enough to beat them. We'll need luck, and a flawless effort inside our box. Espeacially on deep runs through the middle.

:lolabove: Gotta love women's soccer.

No joke. World cup. World stage. 47 minutes and A bunch of diving, whining and kicking it in your own goal like you are 4. Now I remember why I don't like soccer.

:lol: Funny, I love soccer though

No joke. World cup. World stage. 47 minutes and A bunch of diving, whining and kicking it in your own goal like you are 4. Now I remember why I don't like soccer.

USA put the ball in the danger zone frequently in the first half. Good things happen with this kind of pressure. It wasn't some lucky fluke. If you spend a football game in your opponent's backfield and they fumble an exchange it's likely because of the pressure you've put on them (and handing off a football is much easier than clearing a ball on a full sprint towards your goal inside the 5 yard box).

VN Store

Back