Worley

You guys do remember that if Lane Kiffin hadn't sent him packing, Tajh Boyd would be our QB.

Ignoring that irrelevant trivia, the question is who can make the best decisions. Right now, it's got to be Worley, and he did well yesterday, albeit vs. a weak opponent. Showed sufficient speed to run Read-Option.

The most troubling development of the day was to see all the speed in the UGA-Clemson game.

He was dreadful. That wasn't a legitimate opponent. Worley has little hope against sec defenses. Imo, should take our chances with NP and hope for the best.

Did you watch the second half? If Worley was dreadful what would you call Petrman's performance?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Both freshmen and Peterman had their chance to take the number one spot from Worley during camp. Now that the season has started they will get few if any chances practicing with the ones. Worley will be the starter unless he gets hurt or really does badly against stiffer competition. He managed the offense pretty well.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't exactly taking up for him (even though I think he'll be a fine quarterback for us), but too many people don't look at the whole picture. Basically you said exactly what I said. So I'm not sure what your point is by saying not to take up for him.. Unless I'm missing something in the tone of your post.

I was being sarcastic toward the posters on here saying how poorly he played. Nothing toward WV, just tired of hearing all this junk about his arm strength and such. GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Been a critic of Worley but now he's got my undivided attention. He looked good. If he can lead this team past WKU then he's better than good. WKU game is going to tell all.

Both freshmen and Peterman had their chance to take the number one spot from Worley during camp. Now that the season has started they will get few if any chances practicing with the ones. Worley will be the starter unless he gets hurt or really does badly against stiffer competition. He managed the offense pretty well.

Agreed. But as much as I really like Peterman, his performance last night makes me question whether he would get the next start if Worley were to suffer an injury that kept him out of multiple games.

Worley makes good decisions. His accuracy looked off but his decisions and management were good.

Peterman looks to have the skills but his decisions are suspect.

Last I saw, he was 11/13 with 3 TDs and no ints. Pretty damn efficient if you ask me

He isnt going to throw for 450 a game like Bray

He commands the field 100 times better than Bray did in his dreams

Relax...

Reactions: 3 people
Agreed. But as much as I really like Peterman, his performance last night makes me question whether he would get the next start if Worley were to suffer an injury that kept him out of multiple games.

Worley makes good decisions. His accuracy looked off but his decisions and management were good.

Wasn't Worley 11 out of 13? Yes, he threw a little behind the receivers on a couple of occasions , but pretty much every pass was catchable. He will get it figured out with more work.

Oddly enough since his detractors point to Spurrier not offering him as proof that he's no good... He looked ALOT like a USCe QB last night.

Oddly enough since his detractors point to Spurrier not offering him as proof that he's no good... He looked ALOT like a USCe QB last night.

USC and Alabama rely heavily on QBs that command the field and make throws when needed.

Wasn't Worley 11 out of 13? Yes, he threw a little behind the receivers on a couple of occasions , but pretty much every pass was catchable. He will get it figured out with more work.

Didn't really say he wouldn't. I said he looked off. May be a general problem or just some first game jitters or a bad day.

I hope his bad days are that good.

That said, against a better secondary, he doesn't get away with a few of those passes.

FTR, weren't you one of the ones dissing on Worley before the season?

His arm strength is a concern.. His accuracy is another. He does have better wheels than i thought he had though..

I was being sarcastic toward the posters on here saying how poorly he played. Nothing toward WV, just tired of hearing all this junk about his arm strength and such. GBO!

LoL sorry then my friend. I just couldn't tell. I'm right there with you!

Didn't really say he wouldn't. I said he looked off. May be a general problem or just some first game jitters or a bad day.

I hope his bad days are that good.

That said, against a better secondary, he doesn't get away with a few of those passes.

FTR, weren't you one of the ones dissing on Worley before the season?
Never dissed Worley. I have always said that he would be the starter. In fact, I took up for him, and posted his stats against MTSU in 2011 and Vandy in 2012. I pointed out that Hunter had one of Worley's sure TD throws bounce off his facemask, and that Patterson cost him an INT. I will admit to not speaking highly of Bray.

I agree that against a better secondary that may not work, but I believe that he will adjust.

His arm strength is a concern.. His accuracy is another. He does have better wheels than i thought he had though..
I watched Worley throw in pregame compared to the other qb's and thought that his arm strength was pretty much like the others.

Looked to me like Worley had better command and understanding of the offense. His throws did not appear to be strong at times and off target most of the night. Could be route running by the receivers but looked to be accuracy on Worley.

Peteman appeared to have a stronger arm but not enough passing from him to get a good look. I didn't think he read the defense as well or had the understanding of the offense that Worley has.

I have dissed Worley in the past, but he impressed me with his leadership and performance yesterday. Just goes to show ya.......assumptions are just that.

Worley played the better game between him and Peterman, but multiple throws he made last night wind up as picks later in the season.

Last edited:
Peterman was bad about staring right at his primary WR the entire play. I was surprised he didn't just yell out..."Hey Jonathan...I'm throwing to you!! Yeah you...right there!!"

I thought that too but when I reflected on the game I realized that Peterman didn't have a lot of time in passing downs. He was getting bull rushed because the back O-Line were making mistakes.

However, Peterman did make bad decisions on the read options ( I think he was trying too hard to make a big play).

It is fair to say that any qb that leads his team to 42 points in the first half played a good ballgame.

What last nights game showed me was the drop off in production from 1st team to 2nd. This gives reason to have major concerns about this season. It is going to take Butch another year or two to have the talent to be a top tier team.

VN Store

Back