Worst football program in the state?

It's hard to be much worse than Red Boiling Springs. 5-85 over the last nine years, no wins since '02. 36 shutouts, over 1/3 of their games. 3806 pts against and 683 pts for during that span for an average score of 42-8, and i rounded up for them.

It's hard to be much worse than Red Boiling Springs. 5-85 over the last nine years, no wins since '02. 36 shutouts, over 1/3 of their games. 3806 pts against and 683 pts for during that span for an average score of 42-8, and i rounded up for them.

Hope you don't mind, but I'll use your post as a template for Sebring McKinley.

4-75 over the last nine years, last win was week 2 of 2007. In the seven years I can find records for, 28 shutouts, 40% of their games. 2895 pts against and 570 pts for during that span for an average score of 41-8.

Points for and against over this decade:
2000 -- can't find
2001 -- can't find
2002 -- 38:405 (5 shutouts)
2003 -- 94:454 (2 shutouts)
2004 -- 135:356 (3 shutouts)
2005 -- 80:464 (5 shutouts; 42 of the points for were in one game)
2006 -- 53:408 (5 shutouts)
2007 -- 51:349 (5 shutouts)
2008 -- 119:459 (3 shutouts)

Is the only real difference between these schools the length of time that it's been since the last win?

PS -- To demonstrate that this is nothing new, McKinley holds the 7th-longest losing streak in state history....and it was 43 games from 1985-1990.

Last edited:
I have alot of respect for kids that even come out and play for a program like that

I have alot of respect for kids that even come out and play for a program like that

I agree with this.

Getting guys ready to play a game that will be a great challenge (by which I mean 70% chance of getting slaughtered) is tough enough. Getting them ready to play a game they know they're going to get destroyed has got to be be awfully tough.

I attended HHS.

Facts don't depict a grudge. Heritage has been garbage at football without Wilson. Not only did he attend Heritage but he has been the only winning coach there since....well, since he was the starting QB in the eighties. He was run out of Heritage by moronic parents who were so envious of Maryville that they called for his head the minute he didn't meet the very, suddenly lofty expectations that he built. Regardless, I'm sure he laughs himself to sleep every night when he realizes that he's head coach for one of the traditionally best programs in ET and Heritage continues to be Heritage.

Actually, Cleveland will probably let you have him back....

I attended HHS.

Facts don't depict a grudge. Heritage has been garbage at football without Wilson. Not only did he attend Heritage but he has been the only winning coach there since....well, since he was the starting QB in the eighties. He was run out of Heritage by moronic parents who were so envious of Maryville that they called for his head the minute he didn't meet the very, suddenly lofty expectations that he built. Regardless, I'm sure he laughs himself to sleep every night when he realizes that he's head coach for one of the traditionally best programs in ET and Heritage continues to be Heritage.

Renfro and Mac coached winning programs at HHS. I think they have had a decent team once since Mac left.

Mac is the dad of current Lady Vols Kate McMahan

Renfro and Mac coached winning programs at HHS. I think they have had a decent team once since Mac left.

Mac is the dad of current Lady Vols Kate McMahan

The McMahans lived across the street from me and I knew her dad as Earl. Never heard him once called Mac but I guess that could have been a nickname.

I'd say beating Maryville twice in a row (99, 2000) is more than decent. Even making the playoffs is a huge deal at Heritage. But yes, I totally forgot about Earl's time there. I think he got them one year to the round of 16.

The McMahans lived across the street from me and I knew her dad as Earl. Never heard him once called Mac but I guess that could have been a nickname.

I'd say beating Maryville twice in a row (99, 2000) is more than decent. Even making the playoffs is a huge deal at Heritage. But yes, I totally forgot about Earl's time there. I think he got them one year to the round of 16.

I played under Kyker...he followed Coach Mac...that is all I have ever heard McMahan referred to as Coach Mac.

Your last name Bennett?

BTW Copper Basin is currently the worst... no contest.

I DON"T THINK SO! We won 3 games this year. Now we were pretty bad in '07 and '08 1-19 but coach Daley is in the process of turning the mess around left by Coach Stone. IF you think about Copper Basin and Red Boiling Springs are some of the smallest public schools that are playing football. Just by the numbers, it would be a miracle if these schools get to have a winning season not to mention keep a winning tradition. Basin was pretty good from 82-92 5 district 4a championships and 3 runners-up. Back then, it was usually South Pitt or Basin winning the district. CBHS class of '93

That really blows. Copper Basin doesn't even play their rivals anymore because they have slipped so far.

Are you talking about Polk Co or Fannin CO. The reason we do not play Polk is because they trashed our field after th '05 game. A bunch of their students throwed garbage bags full of confetti(sp?) on the field after they beat us. Also, Polk Co is 3A with over twice the enrollment of Basin 1A 449-179. If you are talking about Fannin Co Ga. our rivals from mid 80's to mid 90's they were ga 3A when we played them with an enrollment of almost 1,000. So, you see numbers wise Basin just has not got the enrollment to play against these bigger schools.

I played for Chester County High. Class of '90. My junior year we won one game (in overtime). My senior year we went 0-10.

It sucked.

Are you talking about Polk Co or Fannin CO. The reason we do not play Polk is because they trashed our field after th '05 game. A bunch of their students throwed garbage bags full of confetti(sp?) on the field after they beat us. Also, Polk Co is 3A with over twice the enrollment of Basin 1A 449-179. If you are talking about Fannin Co Ga. our rivals from mid 80's to mid 90's they were ga 3A when we played them with an enrollment of almost 1,000. So, you see numbers wise Basin just has not got the enrollment to play against these bigger schools.

Enrollment:birgits_giggle:...When I was at David Brainerd we had under 200. Thats from 6-12. I had 8 people in my senior class

VN Store

Back