Worst football program in the state?

I would have to say that DB has had a lot of trouble beating the region 2 teams they play against in the playoffs....I mean....all 4 teams from region two won their first round playoff games against region one.......and then region two just beat up on each other again like they did during the season......When was the last time region one actually eliminated region two from the semifinals!!!!

I don't think teams making the playoffs could ever qualify as worst program in the state :)

and the bad part about it is that the chattanooga schools...soddy and ooltewah don't have full coaching staffs....budget won't allow for it.....so some of the guys volunteer when they can

Fondest memory of the incident is we had an old, one-armed defensive coach who got right in my face as I'm laying on the field clutching my knee telling me "GOOD JOB SON! WAY TO BE AGGRESSIVE WITH THE BALL!"

Coach Everett

Siegel might've had a claim for 5A back when it opened. I don't think we lost a game that year by less than 2 touchdowns.

The crowds literally WERE for just the marching band. The band was absolutely stunning back then. Of course, they still are. *is a member*

Are you talking about Polk Co or Fannin CO. The reason we do not play Polk is because they trashed our field after th '05 game. A bunch of their students throwed garbage bags full of confetti(sp?) on the field after they beat us. Also, Polk Co is 3A with over twice the enrollment of Basin 1A 449-179. If you are talking about Fannin Co Ga. our rivals from mid 80's to mid 90's they were ga 3A when we played them with an enrollment of almost 1,000. So, you see numbers wise Basin just has not got the enrollment to play against these bigger schools.

:lolabove:
Not confetti! Who did it, Rip Taylor?

Lol wow i dint know half of these teams lol All i can say is I bleed orange and black'SouTh FairleY'

White county is right in there for the battle to the basement door, Cocke county we wanted on the schedule but the line for scheduling was always busy...

White County can't keep a good coach. The powers to be run all the good ones off, cause they have money and their kid doesn't start. I played from 92 to 96 and I had 4 coaches in 4 years. All the coaches wanted to bring their systems in all of them were different ! Plus we where in a class with Murfreesboro . Cause the girl's basketball team want to play Shelbyville every year. We also had to play both ways! We had 30 kids on the sideline , mufreesboro would have 60 plus.

Red Boiling Springs ends their 62 ( maybe 63?) game losing streak tonight by beating OAkdale.

Congrats to RBS!! I have no dog in this fight,but man I know those boys must be happy to have that monkey off their back.:good!:

Now that Chattanooga Christian has its varsity program up and running, I nominate them for worst in the state. They lost 62-7 to my alma mater, Boyd-Buchanan tonight. The one TD they scored came when we played all our freshmen at the end.

Boyd scored 2 TDs on kickoff returns alone.

I played at Morristown East and while we never were a great team, Cocke County was always a fairly easy win. They use to have a runningback there that was really good, but if I'm not mistaken he was tragically killed. I can't remember his name though...

VN Store

Back