Would you be happy with 6-6 (regular season) in 2013?

happy?

• Total voters
Most college football fans have also apparently ignored it as well. 7-6 or 2-9 for a program that has won 3 out of the last 4 and was ranked #1 going into the 2008 SEC CG doesn't really matter. Both are below expectations.

UT should feel the same way. 5-7 or 7-5....both suck!

Were almost a 7-5 squad at best. If we didn't suck we should expect more.

Austin Peay - W
W Kentucky - W
Oregon - L
Florida - L
South Alabama - W
Georgia - L
South Carolina - L
Alabama - L
Missouri -W
Auburn - W
Vanderbilt -W
Kentucky - W

That's 7-5 right there and bowling. I think that's very "do-able" for Tenn this year. Might even get a win over GA or USC. Both beatable teams. GA seems to always be available for an upset.

IMPORTANT: Assume that we beat everyone on our schedule who we are supposed to beat, and that one of our six wins comes from either Oregon, UF, Bama, UGA, or USCe.

I think satisfied is appropriate word. getting over 5 wins with the talent level and schedule on hand would be satisfying for me as a fan. I know the coaching staff would not be satisfied but I would..

Emphatically, Yes. Considering where this program sits 6-6/7-5 and more importantly looking and playing competitively and with some competence would be encouraging for the whole fanbase. You can't just leap up to 9 or 10 wins from where we were. Bottoming out on talent and being competitive we've hit every rung of the ladder. It's time to truly "Rise to the Top"

Last edited:
I know this fanbase would not be happy if we were 13-0..so what a stupid question to ask of this fan base...for me personally, 6-6 would be a decent start, with a bowl win, maybe 70% of the fan base will be happy...but if we win it all next year, 10% will say something stupid like: "Well it was Dooleys team"...

You got that right about 80 percent of the fans on here, know what it takes a little time the other 20 have no ideal they think you flip a switch and win them all because the change at coach, dont work that way most understand a few of theme are:crazy:

7-5 is my hope as well, with this schedule I would be content with that. Despite the tough schedule, I think we need at least (7) to maintain momentum for the program, and there has to come a point in this program when we can upset somebody.

I think I asked this earlier, but I'm not sure.

Is auburn in the same boat?

Should auburn expect 8 wins (they don't play Oregon)

They've had highly ranked classes too

Reactions: 1 person
Why is 6-6 ok?

If Dooley went 6-6 his first year, and was a terrible coach. Then why is it ok for Butch to go 6-6?

Why is 6-6 ok?

If Dooley went 6-6 his first year, and was a terrible coach. Then why is it ok for Butch to go 6-6?

Dooley got a pass in year "zero" and played a brutal schedule. Don't revise history. Dooley sucks and is a terrible coach because four seasons later we are no better.

VN Store

Back