Wyoming Punter announcing transfer to Tennessee

FWIW, two of Gleeson's best performances came in lower-elevation stadiums: UNLV (47.5 avg. on 4 punts) and Idaho (48.6 avg. on 5 punts). For the season he averaged 42.0 yards per punt at home, 43.6 yards on the road.

I noticed those figures as well. I'm not going to devote anymore research to this discussion, but it would be interesting to compare wind conditions he played under at home games. The altitude definitely helps the ball carry, but the wind, as demonstrated in his last game, can detrimentally affect distance.

This is very helpful. First - Jones has reviewed him along with Elder and they know he is a fit. The timing is perfect with Palardy graduating. Second - The Maxims. Fundamentals are returning to our football program, guys!

Gonna get alot of PT this year...is what I would have said if I read the article of govolsxtra...can't play til next season

Last edited:
That could be good news, indeed. However, do not expect him to maintain that 43-yd. average. In home games, he has been punting at an altitude of 7,200 ft. (University of Wyoming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Hopefully, he will enjoy greater success than Dirk Borgognone (Dirk Borgognone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), who came from Reno, Nevada (elevation 4,400 ft.), where he had kicked a high school-record 68-yd. FG in 1985, but lost tremendous distance in the thicker and more humid air of Knoxville, Tennessee.

Bear with me, I'm really ****ing bored at work. Also, not trying to come across like a know it all, Adderall is just a helluva drug.

This isn't entirely correct. True, there will be less drag from the reduction in density due to altitude. BUT humid air is actually lighter than dry air and because of this will counteract the change in density somewhat. Not enough to completely counteract it but enough to make a difference.

I took a look at his performances and he actually averaged 2 more feet away than at home. Average elevation was 2,500.

He was also a freshman. Darr has never averaged over 40. And neither did Palardy until this past year. Statistically the best punter in the SEC last year was Florida's. He added 6 yards to his average between freshman and sophomore year, both of which he started. Glancing over the other top kickers also showed me that every single one improved year-to-year. Speaking of which, none of the punters I looked at beat his FS avg. their FS year.

Only thing that worries me was his performance under pressure at Texas. It was his first game ever, and it was in front of 100k. (article if anyone is interested: Wyoming punter Gleeson settles in after rough start : Wyoming)

Overall, a helluva pickup. If I had to guess Tim Gleeson will be our starting punter for 2013. My guess would be he averages 44 yards and is a noticeable improvement over our current punters.

I apologize to anyone that actually wasted their time reading this.

Edit: Forgot to mention... My research tells me that the density of beautiful women in Knoxville x his Australian accent could give him a 1000% increase in sexual relations compared to Laramie.

Last edited:
Just watched his highlights. We must be desperate because he can't kick worth a shi#. I remember when the Colquitts kicked bombs! This guy blows! Oh God!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This guy averaged just over 40 yards/punt in high altitude against ****ty competition. This is the SEC bro! Oh God! We're screwed!

I think some people on this site would be elated if Pee Wee Herman committed. Vol for Life! Jesus. Get real. Somehow just because someone wants to play for us we consider them a ****ing hero. This guy sucks. Watch his highlights.

This guy averaged just over 40 yards/punt in high altitude against ****ty competition. This is the SEC bro! Oh God! We're screwed!
Wow, I hope you're kidding. Otherwise you may want to get yourself checked for the dumbass gene.

Reactions: 2 people
I think some people on this site would be elated if Pee Wee Herman committed. Vol for Life! Jesus. Get real. Somehow just because someone wants to play for us we consider them a ****ing hero. This guy sucks. Watch his highlights.

wes rucker is that you ?

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, I hope you're kidding. Otherwise you may want to get yourself checked for the dumbass gene.

This guy may be the biggest troll on this site....just look at his posts. He is obviously trolling. I'm shocked Freak hasn't banned him yet. You know, good ole Rule #7.

By the way, I reported this. May help if others did the same.

Last edited:
This guy may be the biggest troll on this site....just look at his posts. He is obviously trolling. I'm shocked Freak hasn't banned him yet. You know, good ole Rule #7.

Nope. Not a troll. I love my Vols. But you guys get so excited about every pick. This guy SUCKS! Do you think he's good? Why? Ya'll forget the Colquitts. Jesus.

By the way, I reported this. May help if others did the same.

"I reported this.". You must be the same guy who was shoved into lockers in high school. Can't take criticism. Yet you can't refute me with facts. Apparently our punting situation is pathetic.

"I reported this.". You must be the same guy who was shoved into lockers in high school. Can't take criticism. Yet you can't refute me with facts. Apparently our punting situation is pathetic.

:lolabove: Bless your heart. If you only knew.

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

Nope. Not a troll. I love my Vols. But you guys get so excited about every pick. This guy SUCKS! Do you think he's good? Why? Ya'll forget the Colquitts. Jesus.

Butch get's it. You don't. Troll Tide troll.

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

Actually, the question you should ask yourself is "is this guy any good?". Watch his highlights and get back to me. Let's not change the subject.

VN Store

Back