Y’all have to help me understand the problem with this hire....

My apologies to @BigOrangeTrain if so. Hard to know context from 20 months ago lol

Yea it certainly is

I just think I remember it like that……thought he was one who was defended Heupel.

Not saying he liked the hire…..I don’t remember. Heupel definitely wast the coach “I” was hoping for (at the time didn’t really even know Heupel was a candidate)……be me and some others defended Heupel’s coaching and record.

Also his next post was part of some other threads where folks were saying Heupel basically was bringing UCF down from what Frost built……….kind of reaffirms the other post being sarcasm (if I remember correctly).

Nothing short of a Nick Saban or perhaps Mack Brown stepping down to take the UT job would please a particular faction of the fan base. That’s just how it is.

Established coaches like Malzahn have enough FU money to wait it out and see how the new leadership operates.

That said, Danny White left Buffalo and UCF in a much better position than when he arrived. There’s absolutely nothing to suggest he can’t do the same at UT.

I see this post got some newfound likes.

Your success today against Bama, and in many other sports on campus….thank Danny White.

I don’t hate the hire, I think people overestimate the amount and the quality of coaches who would want this job right now. I just generally don’t want guys who took over a great program and sustained that success, like JH or Butch Jones. I want guys who took a program that was performing poorly and elevated it, like Napier or Chadwell.
RIP

I wasn’t a fan the day he was hired but he’s won me over. I thought it was going to take a “big name” splash hire to bring us back but now we’re 5-0 with the pedal down against Bama.

If Coach Hype pulls this off, me and several others need to be on here eating crow. We owe him that much.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Aging like

intro-1595349256.jpg
Well everyone can’t be right all the time like you.
I was wrong I admit it. Happy now?

If anyone had told me (prior to the start of the season) they expected us to be anything better than 4-2 after the Bama game this year, I would have told them they had extremely unrealistic expectations.

Exactly. I’d be happy with a coach that did less with more or built something. Not one with a near losing record or one that started with a 13-0 team and got worse. I’d be even happier if they would get over this Moral Compass U bull crap.

Less with more? Wouldn't that be Butch?

Personally, I prefer this more with less style we have going on now.

He's not a proven winner. He inherited Scott Frost's undefeated, self-proclaimed "National Championship" team. He was handed a gold mine when he took over in 2018, and progressively got worse each year.

If you're going to point to his first 2 years at UCF as proof that he's good, you don't get to say a word when people point to his first 2 years at TN as proof that he's bad. If you're going to give him credit for those wins in 2018, you have to give him credit for the losses in 2021. I don't want to hear the "It's his first year! Give him a break!" excuse.

The first year is either relevant or irrelevant. Can't be both. Pick one.

Relevant. I think I'll pick relevant.

The reason I hate the “hire” if it’s actually a hire is basically it’s wash, rinse, repeat. It’s no different than Dooley, Jones or Pruitt. Same Shizz different day. Meaning, there will be another HC search in 3-4 years this guys is underwhelming at best. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

UCF fans will be thrilled if we hire Heupel away. That should tell you something.

That UCF fans are idiots? (like some others here)

Because he was fired by OU as an OC and UCF has regressed under him. Dykes would have been a better hire.

Yeah, we'd probably be 6-0 right now under Dykes and not....oh, wait.....

This hire doesn't excite me. I look at Frost and Nebraska and think that is where we will be in 3 years.

Gonna be one heck of a drop-off next year I guess.

kermit-tea-meme-history-meaning.jpg

Reactions: Vol_in_NC_1999
Less with more? Wouldn't that be Butch?

Personally, I prefer this more with less style we have going on now.

Relevant. I think I'll pick relevant.

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

That UCF fans are idiots? (like some others here)

Yeah, we'd probably be 6-0 right now under Dykes and not....oh, wait.....

Gonna be one heck of a drop-off next year I guess.

kermit-tea-meme-history-meaning.jpg
I admire your efforts for taking the time to look these posts up. So are you this guy in every setting or just message boards?

When Huepel was hired I kind of just shrugged, after Kiffin, Dooley, Butch and Pruitt I figured it would be pretty darn hard for things to get much worse. I just didn’t think that they would get very good either

Man was I wrong.

Reactions: GoVols15
Sure did and I’m glad Tennessee is good again. Hope you are as well. And I’m also glad the Negas were wrong this time. I’d be willing to bet if I took the time that you have obviously taken I would probably find a post or 2 of you sunshine pumping Jones or Dooley or maybe even Pruitt.

Sure did and I’m glad Tennessee is good again. Hope you are as well. And I’m also glad the Negas were wrong this time. I’d be willing to bet if I took the time that you have obviously taken I would probably find a post or 2 of you sunshine pumping Jones or Dooley or maybe even Pruitt.

Done. What would you like to bet? Or is this just more of your running off at the mouth?

Also, I'd rather be guilty of "sunshine pumping" when a new coach is hired than being a sh!t-talking NegaVol crapping on the program. Rooting for the program to succeed is called being a fan.

Wah Waaahhh.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Awww, did your NegaVol sh!t-talking come back to bite you in the butt?

Bless your heart.

(& eat up)

eating-crow-for-dinner-picture-id157673813
I love it. Dig up every old post where somebody claimed to “know” it was a bad hire, and make ‘em wear it. They deserve it.

That’s exactly why many of us (while having an opinion, or an “I think this or that” mentality) DONT claim to KNOW what we clearly don’t know.

The reason I hate the “hire” if it’s actually a hire is basically it’s wash, rinse, repeat. It’s no different than Dooley, Jones or Pruitt. Same Shizz different day. Meaning, there will be another HC search in 3-4 years this guys is underwhelming at best. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it

The very definition of a post aging poorly

What was UCFs record this last year? At this point I’d settle for Elliot. Not having any HC experience is the only thing I’m not crazy about. If it’s the best UT can do then why not roll the dice?
Tony Elliot is currently running UVA into the ground.

VN Store

Back