Yahoo (Rivals) article "Will UT's recruiting last?"

With us being able to sign more than most SEC schools, we will finish top 3 in SEC and top 6 nationally imo. We will also add more than 1 0r 2 4 star guys.

6-8 range is where I see the class finishing. That would be a great accomplishment for Butch regardless of how this season goes. It's also important to note how well he has done in the past with lower rated recruits; so far this class is a great mix of top rated recruits and players that fit what Butch is looking to build.

Earlier in the year John Brice predicted we would finish in the top 5. Yesterday on 104.5 he said he is now predicting top 3. This is a guy that knows about silent commits before they actually announce.

Reactions: 1 person
even with 21 commits so far, dont we have room for almost 10 more? If we finish outside of the top 10 I will be shocked. I do not follow recruiting as much as most around here do but with last years class being small.. with EE's and back counting, I am pretty sure we can have a bigger class this year then just about anyone in the country. And CBJ is not filling those spots with scrubs.

I really feel these coaches could put us top 3 by the time its all over, it will be UT and Bama on top of each division like the good lord intended within a couple years.

Tennessee being underestimated is nothing new. Of course it is a disappointment considering the quality of our recruits, but this writer clearly does not want to believe Tennessee has the potential to have a top-10 recruiting class. The editor of that article must have been napping.

doubt we finish 14.maybe top 10 in the 5-10 range. thats good for any program and esp one who has been at an all time low like UT. we will continue to build a great class. let em question it and hate on it. that means people are thinking about us again.

I've been saying 12th on Rivals but I could see a top 10 if we close strong and some of our guys get a bump.

Hurd will be a 5*. Paulk has a good chance of also getting the bump to 4*. Wouldn't be surprised for Helm to end up in their Top 250, and maybe as a 6.0.

If we finish the class as expected and land a NSD surprise (Adoree Jackson), we have a real shot at top 5, maybe even #1.

I agree here, but as long as we finish Top 10 with quality recruits (which we have thus far), Butch Jones and this staff will develop them into a competitive ball club. Keep in mind, Tennessee actually has competency at the head coaching position now. The fact that we've been where we've been the last 5 years and are still recruiting at an elite level says alot about this coaching staff, and more importantly the perception that recruits have toward the Tennessee brand.

THis is extremely stupid bc it doesnt factor in that some of our recruits if not most, will rise during and after their senior years. Therefore increasing our point value without adding recruits. Plus, we will add more recruits.

I'm saying top 5

This guy had to be trying post this article as quickly as possible. After this weekend when we add a few more, this article will be obsolete....... Go Vols!

According to Rivals:

The number of 4 stars and our final "ranking"

2005 16 4th
2008 4 35th
2009 9 10th (two 5 stars)
2010 12 9th (one 5 star)
2011 12 13th
2012 10 17th
2013 5 21st

Currently nine 4 stars

I am extremely pleased with the way things are going and quite frankly do not put a lot of stock in star ratings; just looking at 2005 should tell us something(even though i will rejoice with every 5 star we get).

Unless we get about 7 more 4 stars, history would point to an above top 10 finish.

Attachments

• Star Belly Sneetches.jpg
    Star Belly Sneetches.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 302
THis is extremely stupid bc it doesnt factor in that some of our recruits if not most, will rise during and after their senior years. Therefore increasing our point value without adding recruits. Plus, we will add more recruits.

I'm saying top 5

Won't this be the same for the other schools as well?

Reactions: 2 people
This guy had to be trying post this article as quickly as possible. After this weekend when we add a few more, this article will be obsolete....... Go Vols!

I agree. It's like they know UT's class is going to explode after this weekend, so they had to post this as quickly as possible while there's still reasonable doubt among the uninformed about our class's potential.

This is not mere speculation by the writer- it's based on lots of data from previous years regarding points and final class rankings.

I'm not saying we can't finish top 5, but it's silly to disagree with the analysis since it is based solely on available, factual data and not on fanatical whimsy.

And its based on the prognostication that UT would not add any valuable commits to this class.

It is very much speculation by the writer.

Won't this be the same for the other schools as well?

Yes, but the historical classes that the author is comparing against have already received this natural boost. Comparing point totals from July to February is comparing apples and oranges.

First, Boca, I didnt mean to like your post. So, subtract one like in your head...

Second, what he said.

And Finally, Yes, they will also receive the points boost, but if we are currently in first, and everybody gets a boost, even somewhat near equal, we will still end up near where we started.

Does that make sense?

First, Boca, I didnt mean to like your post. So, subtract one like in your head...

Second, what he said.

And Finally, Yes, they will also receive the points boost, but if we are currently in first, and everybody gets a boost, even somewhat near equal, we will still end up near where we started.

Does that make sense?

Unlike noted!

I agree that July and Feb are 2 different things so wouldn't a better barometer be the average? Where does UT rank in that regard?

1 Point =

SchruteBuck.jpg

VN Store

Back