Your call: Worley or Peterman and why?

Worley. Experience. This offense will be ideal for him. He will be pushed hard by the other QB's and will likely have to split time with one during the season.

Worley. He has the most experience and gives the offense the best chance to win, IMO.

If a freshman steps up and steals the spotlight, it certainly wouldn't be the first time though.

Reactions: 3 people
Whatever Butch says. I mean, I shouldn't have to say this but: Butch gets it.

I have faith in whichever it is.

I was really excited about Nate coming out of HS and I still am. I think he has more potential (better arm and is more mobile) than Worley. However, I think he needs more time to learn the offense so that things start to slow down for him as he seemed a bit overwhelmed in the O&W game. A lot of that comes with experience but I think another year of working on his game and learning the offense would benefit him. So for now I'm going with Worley because he has more experience and seems to know the offense better. But if he doesn't perform well I'd be fine with letting Nate play and get some in-game experience because I think he will be the starter down the road for us (and yes I mean over the two guys we brought in last class as well).

If Peterman doesn't significantly impress the coaches, basically if he doesn't take the decision out of their hands with superlative play, he sits.

And he's screwed. With the two frosh incoming, by the following season, both will be in a position to place him #4 on the depth chart.

I am not particularly interested in the win/loss outcome for this season. I would like to see us play for the future, so for me it would be whoever the coaches think is best in terms of the long term success of UT football.

Reactions: 2 people
I am not particularly interested in the win/loss outcome for this season. I would like to see us play for the future, so for me it would be whoever the coaches think is best in terms of the long term success of UT football.

Why can't we have it both ways?

We play hard all 4 quarters we will win some we aren't expected to

Why? Because he's smart? Not sure why people are so infatuated with his intellect. I just want the best guy to play, plain and simple.

Because he learned an entire offense in 3 seconds :loco:

I'm with ya, whoever gives us the best chance to win needs to be on the field and I don't care who it is. I just wanna win

Wins/Losses might be important to keep together this awesome recruiting class. That being said I'm sure Butch has warmed recruits up to the idea this season might be ugly but will get better next season with them. I was first wanting Peterman, but at this point I'm not sure. Whomever has better leadership skills at this point. We need a leader out there directing our offense.

Why can't we have it both ways?

We play hard all 4 quarters we will win some we aren't expected to

We can, I just can't even begin to predict what is actually best. Perhaps Worley is the best option this year, but will he be the best option next year? Do we need wins right now to help recruiting? Does one of the Freshman need to be groomed for a few weeks before seeing playing time? Is Worley or Peterman the stone cold nuts and just needs to be the starter for the next two seasons? Do one of the freshman have so much potential that we need to be giving them game experience ASAP?

I don't know, I just hope they make the best decision possible.

Basically, I think it's Worley's job until he does something to screw it up. It's the obvious choice isn't it? He's the only one who has had SEC game experience. He's an upperclassmen so maturity and leadership probably comes into play here. Unless Peterman or one of the freshmen coming in show just orders of magnitude more talent and ability, I don't see how you not start Worely.

Reactions: 1 person
We can, I just can't even begin to predict what is actually best. Perhaps Worley is the best option this year, but will he be the best option next year? Do we need wins right now to help recruiting? Does one of the Freshman need to be groomed for a few weeks before seeing playing time? Is Worley or Peterman the stone cold nuts and just needs to be the starter for the next two seasons? Do one of the freshman have so much potential that we need to be giving them game experience ASAP?

I don't know, I just hope they make the best decision possible.

Me and you both buddy.

I can kinda understand this stand...but dont you think thats alittle unfair to our seniors that stuck with us?

Choice: Worley will start the first game
Reason: I am not close enough to know except for experience.

Most of the 1st string WR was out or injured in the spring....hope all of the lifting strengthen the hammys....so important for the leg strength.

It will be fun to watch, we should feel blessed having depth at QB because it gives us multiple options in the games.

I can kinda understand this stand...but dont you think thats alittle unfair to our seniors that stuck with us?

This...

You try and tell those Seniors and even Juniors that this year we're just playing for the future.

Play for now, play for the moment, play for TENNESSEE!
Win today!

I feel like Butch has used that phrase too...Something about winning everyday whether it's in the classroom, weight room or practice field. Couldn't be more true.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back