Your call: Worley or Peterman and why?

i think it will end up being a freshman or peterman. i havent been particularly impressed with worley when he has been in and i dont think the 3(?) games he has played in give him that much of an experience edge over the incoming freshmen or peterman. unless worley is clearly the best, i see no reason not to get the new guys experience

Reactions: 1 person
This...

You try and tell those Seniors and even Juniors that this year we're just playing for the future.

Play for now, play for the moment, play for TENNESSEE!
Win today
!

I feel like Butch has used that phrase too...Something about winning everyday whether it's in the classroom, weight room or practice field. Couldn't be more true.

:rock:

I can kinda understand this stand...but dont you think thats alittle unfair to our seniors that stuck with us?

Agree. The minute you let on that you're focused on next year and not this one, you've lost the team. That mentality will get you 3-9 in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 1 person
Do we really know enough at this point to make an educated decision. I certainly haven't seen enough to really know who the starter would be.

Agree. The minute you let on that you're focused on next year and not this one, you've lost the team. That mentality will get you 3-9 in a heartbeat.

It is a bit more complex than that. I am not suggesting you sabotage the season, but that you are smart about it. Let Hill get a few carries per game, let some freshman get extended playing time in games against the AP's of the world. Find ways to get the younger QBs involved if they show potential. It is all relative to the situation and I don't see our guys practice day to day so I can't tell you, but if we lose 1 or 2 games because of it this year and we win 4 or 5 more because of it over the next two then I am all in favor.

but again, I don't know....just a thought exercise that is largely irrelevant because it isn't measurable anyway.

i think it will end up being a freshman or peterman. i havent been particularly impressed with worley when he has been in and i dont think the 3(?) games he has played in give him that much of an experience edge over the incoming freshmen or peterman. unless worley is clearly the best, i see no reason not to get the new guys experience

I think it's his to lose. As long as Worely doesn't do anything to screw it up and becomes a good game manager, that's all we really need.

It is a bit more complex than that. I am not suggesting you sabotage the season, but that you are smart about it. Let Hill get a few carries per game, let some freshman get extended playing time in games against the AP's of the world. Find ways to get the younger QBs involved if they show potential. It is all relative to the situation and I don't see our guys practice day to day so I can't tell you, but if we lose 1 or 2 games because of it this year and we win 4 or 5 more because of it over the next two then I am all in favor.

but again, I don't know....just a thought exercise that is largely irrelevant because it isn't measurable anyway.

You let Dobbs and Ferguson redshirt unless you have no other choice. We likely aren't signing a QB this year so we need that extra year. It's Worley's job to lose.

Reactions: 3 people
You let Dobbs and Ferguson redshirt unless you have no other choice. We likely aren't signing a QB this year so we need that extra year. It's Worley's job to lose.

I don't disagree. It is like I said, if that is what is best for the long term then you do it. If giving one of them extended playing time this year so they can start the next 3 is best then you do that instead.

I'd rather just let things play out and trust the coaches to make the best decision for the program. Worley did look better than Peterman in the spring game, but I've learned that spring games can be quite deceiving (see Bray's 5 for 30 performance). People who aren't watching every practice of fall camp from the huddle or sidelines can't truly make an informed decision. So my m.o. will be to wait and see who they trot out there against AP in the first series and cheer for some Big Orange football, whoever the QB might be.

The QB competition promises to be very competitive , and insure the best QB will be on the field. I'm prepared to be amazed. :yes:

LOL....why do people always want the next guy? Jonathan Crompton should have taught us all that the next guy isn't always the answer. Everyone wanted Ainge benched for Crompton. Nobody learned their lesson.

Worley has done it the right way. He's came in, waited his turn...it's his time. He's spent two years under Jim Chaney who's an excellent QB coach. I've got this feeling that if Duh'Rick Rogers catches that TD pass against USCe, people would view Worley in a different light.

I keep hearing people say they've not seen much from Worley when he did play. Getting thrown into the wolves doesn't help things. I can assure you if we start a freshman the same thing will be said about them. Then our fanbase will cannibalize them and want the next guy in line. Smh

Reactions: 2 people
if we have not seen the way butch is until this year and peterman hasnt played and 2 freshmen how can we as a fan pick. i hope the best is put on the fill

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back