Your call: Worley or Peterman and why?

Use the George costanza theory.

Dooley had Worley ahead of peterman on the depth chart.

Do the opposite. Go with peterman.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope this QB battle heralds the best one come game day. Hard to say who should start at this point in time. Let the coaches sort it out and may the best man win.

I have watched them about twice and the coaches watch them everyday. Hummmm. I know I am more knowledgeable - but I am going to defer this one time to the coaches and let them make the call.

I know it's a crazy concept.

I don't disagree. It is like I said, if that is what is best for the long term then you do it. If giving one of them extended playing time this year so they can start the next 3 is best then you do that instead.

If they were early enrollees I would agree with you.

Yes, it is unfair, but they got a college education out of it at least.

You may not care if they win or lose this year but it sure as hell matters to them. They are busting their ass to get ready and they are going into every game trying to win. The players that give us the best chance are going to be the ones the coaches have in the game. I'm sure if you asked anybody on the team "would you be happy with 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5? Every one of them would say no. We can at least support them in that.

Worley. Experience. This offense will be ideal for him. He will be pushed hard by the other QB's and will likely have to split time with one during the season.

this with the exception of that I hope he doesn't have to split time because he grows into the QB we need him to be

You may not care if they win or lose this year but it sure as hell matters to them. They are busting their ass to get ready and they are going into every game trying to win. The players that give us the best chance are going to be the ones the coaches have in the game. I'm sure if you asked anybody on the team "would you be happy with 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5? Every one of them would say no. We can at least support them in that.

I'm sorry, but that group has a history of quitting at every opportunity

Spring practice?

The same spring practices where both qbs looked bad and Butch said neither was being a good leader and that the freshman would come in to challenge them.

Worley is getting that same dumb loyalty that Dooley got. Most of the Worley fans were the long term Doolanders. They think a player/coach just coming here and waiting and not leaving deserves something for "being loyal". All of these " he's waited his turn, he has been here the longest etc" comments are dumb. If he is the best play him, but being here longer or being loyal does not mean he should get the job.

I'm sorry, but that group has a history of quitting at every opportunity

I think the generally negative attitude of Dooley had a big impact on their determination, just like I think DBJ's upbeat attitude will have an impact in a good way. I'm sure they will want to go out on a better note than the way they began.

Actually the coach and QB were quitters IMO. That's the thing....maybe Worley doesn't throw for 300 like Bray. But maybe he has balls and simply wins.

And maybe the coach will get the right number of players on the field and be telling them " You can do this" instead of sitting there with his arms crossed telling them what a bad team they are.

The same spring practices where both qbs looked bad and Butch said neither was being a good leader and that the freshman would come in to challenge them.

Worley is getting that same dumb loyalty that Dooley got. Most of the Worley fans were the long term Doolanders. They think a player/coach just coming here and waiting and not leaving deserves something for "being loyal". All of these " he's waited his turn, he has been here the longest etc" comments are dumb. If he is the best play him, but being here longer or being loyal does not mean he should get the job.

The same spring practice that it was said Petermen held on to the ball to long and had accuracy issues.

What's dumb about it? What's dumb about prefering a QB who's sit in the film room under Jim Chaney for two years compared to a freshman. A guy who's put on 20+lbs and looks SEC ready compared to two freshman that neither even weigh 200 lbs. look at the offer lists out of HS. Worley had major SEC offers, and IIRC Stanford and ND too. If these coaches are as good as I think they are there isn't any reason they shouldn't mold Worley into a good QB.

Reactions: 2 people
I've never been wowed by Worley's arm strength or just play in general, but he's not dog meat. His completion percentage was pretty good last year (65%). I think Peterman's mobility will be hard for CBJ to overlook, if he is no worse than Justin in the passing game.

I fully expect the first game to be something of a preseason format....where Worley starts the first half and Peterman the second.

Justin Worley Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Tennessee Volunteers - ESPN

Last edited:
Actually the coach and QB were quitters IMO. That's the thing....maybe Worley doesn't throw for 300 like Bray. But maybe he has balls and simply wins.

Nailed it.

Hopefully, the team has been purged of the quitter mentallity.

And maybe the coach will get the right number of players on the field and be telling them " You can do this" instead of leaning on his walker, telling them what a bad team they are.

fyp

LOL...I agree with you. Being a hard nosed coach is one thing. But being negative is another. You tell kids they suck enough.....they actually start to believe it.

Last edited:
Worley has done it the right way. He's came in, waited his turn...it's his time. He's spent two years under Jim Chaney who's an excellent QB coach. I've got this feeling that if Duh'Rick Rogers catches that TD pass against USCe, people would view Worley in a different light.

This.

media_b35cc8570a7f40d0b64fb4d9a61ea2b6_t607.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Shouldn't we, as fans, be loyal? It is basically the only thing we have to offer. Besides that, I wouldn't call it "loyalty" as much as it is "logically". He is the logical guy in line based on the info we have...at this point.

We'll see if that changes because someone emerges as a stud.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back