Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

From ESPN on Edey after they named him a surprise pick.

It was obvious since the start of the season that Edey made significant strides on both ends of the floor that would surely make him a coveted player on draft night and potential lottery pick.

Memphis picked him higher than almost anyone envisioned, as it was clear he had a significant market throughout the lottery and trading down would risk forcing the Grizzlies to pivot far down their board to select the draft's third-best center.

Edey is a dream target for an electric playmaking guard such as Ja Morant to pair with in pick-and-roll actions. He sets wide, bruising screens at 7-foot-5, 298 pounds, and is an outstanding target rolling to the paint and catching everything thrown his way with his huge, magnetic hands and 7-foot-11 wingspan.

He'll have to continue to improve his conditioning to keep up in transition, but he'll be ready to make an immediate impact on both ends of the floor.

And the last sentence...
He could even contend for Rookie of the Year honors with the sheer productivity he's bound to amass next season.

If we can land Flipowski (would likely have to trade up), AJ Mitchell or Cam Christie in the second I'd feel much better about the draft.

Asked if the team was initially focused on Clingan -- taken by Portland with the seventh pick -- Kleiman replied: "I haven't seen that reported anywhere." Pressed further about moving up, he said: "I'm saying this is how we wanted the draft to play out."

Asked if the team was initially focused on Clingan -- taken by Portland with the seventh pick -- Kleiman replied: "I haven't seen that reported anywhere." Pressed further about moving up, he said: "I'm saying this is how we wanted the draft to play out."
I mean, he isn’t gonna say, “yeah, but once our only plan fell through, we panicked and just took the next center on the board.”

Reactions: gordonr24

VN Store

Back