Other SEC coaches fearing the rise of our proud program

Based on Alabama's last several recruiting classes, I think it's a stretch to suggest their run is over based on losing two straight games.

Missing the point...two game losing streak maybe nothing and I agree, but last year they showed they are not cake walking like they have in the past. Have they peaked yet or are they still on the climb.

No silly...don't you know Bama lost its last two games?

Clearly they're on a downward spiral...nevermind the last time Alabama lost its last two games, they ran off three national titles in four years.

I know, right?

It's not like they lost their last 7 or anything! Sheesh guys!

I know, right?

It's not like they lost their last 7 or anything! Sheesh guys!

Exactly...or lost nine straight to some school who lost to Georgia Southern.

We all agree Bama's situation isn't nearly as bad as Sudden Impact makes it out to be. :)

Alabama will be around for years to come as long as Saban is there. IMO Will they be as dominate as they have been in the past? Don't know. Did they peek finally? Maybe. I just don't think they will be as dominant as they have been in the past. Why...as the OP pointed out they will have to make adjustments to maintain it, will they who knows. Plus no one stays on top forever. They are a good team....and they may continue it for a while...who knows and who cares. I just got ticked off at an Alabama fan stating for us to look at the last 7 years and the tough schedule as an counter argument in this thread.

Foreshadowing....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Based on Alabama's last several recruiting classes, I think it's a stretch to suggest their run is over based on losing two straight games.

Is there run over...Historically speaking No. Is it over in the present....doubt it.

Are they going to be as dominate as they have been in the past....doubt it.

As I watched numerous SEC coaches making their espn rounds, I couldn't help but notice some changes in their demeanor. Saban and Spurrier were markedly different from previous demeanor in the media. Forgive my orange glasses, but I truly believe they are adjusting as Butch's influence swells in the SEC. I'll provide a couple examples of what I'm referring to.

First, Saban has been far more positive in his interaction with media. My theory is that he has recognized Butch's positivity having an overwhelming impact on recruits and their families. In previous years, he seemed to have a my way or highway mentality. Now he's talking about treating the kids like family. Not to say that he never did before, but it has certainly increased this year. Butch's positivity is working and others are following suit.

Now for the old ball coach. This year Spurrier has routinely mentioned/plugged their recruiting rankings, namedropping players drafted, etc. We all know Butch uses these tactics in the media often to plant seeds with recruits. This is the first time I've ever seen Spurrier have anything but a dismissive attitude in interviews. In the past he was just itching to get to the nearest golf course and saw little value in the media appearance.

To sum up: Butch is having success by out working other coaches and they are taking notice and are adjusting to try and hold him off. To me that is the greatest verification that Butch's process IS working.

Granted much of this post is based in theory, but the adjustments other coaches are making is striking to me. You certainly don't have to agree, but I take it as a sign of great things to come for the Big Orange.

Go Vols! #believe

No one is scared of us

He didn't fail in Knoxville. When we drove through there recently, you could still get a faint whiff of something like smoldering mattresses in the night breeze. Everyone leaves a legacy.
You must of passed the sewage treatment plant.. That's the only legacy he left.. Good luck with that..

So in other words, you really have no point then?

Yea I do, but you do not get it...if we are following the OP's theory, Saban is making an adjustment, then maybe Nick almighty is getting out of his comfort zone...2 losses nothing but kids will see through him...plus I don't think Kiffin is an SEC caliber coach or coordinator and he is as stellar role model. Time will tell...

Get off my backside....blowing all this up for the drama...go play some more PS4 where pretend dynsties are created...

Those Fans,

I really don't understand you. I'm no old fart but we are a league laced in tradition and yes, being a historical powerhouse matters. Just look at Bama when they were down - they rose back up by riding their tradition, tradition that builds not only rabid fan support but institutional advantages (everything from recruiting to facilities to why a program holds appeal to good coaches and even a remaining impression among many fans that we're not to be discounted even down). Tradition is what makes CFB the best version of FB out there and the SEC even better. Powerhouses both nationally and her in the SEC haven't changed all that much when you take the long view although a few schools enter for a few years.

At the same time, you turn around and cite 2 losses to predict Bama's downfall. Despite, the questions they now have at QB being their biggest danger. If Coker fails to live up to hype they're in for a hard time even with an easier schedule. Their saving grace is the majority of teams have new and/or unproven QBs. You could even cite a culture of entitlement or changes in recruiting/more knowledge that even 5*s will ride the pine for much of their career, and that would carry more weight than 2 losses.

The SEC's Big Six matters and always will. So does our historic record. No way Jones could recruit like he had been or benefit from legacies without that. You don't have to live in the past but ignoring it and how it benefits us all isn't very bright.

SCAR had a much harder time breaking through for a reason and it wasn't just bad coaching (they actually had some pretty decent ones before Spurrier). But when you're trying to overcome and finally start playing at a good and then elite level it's MUCH harder. The same with many schools across the US.

A down powerhouse has things a lot easier in terms of coming back versus breaking through.

Last edited:
Yea I do, but you do not get it...if we are following the OP's theory, Saban is making an adjustment, then maybe Nick almighty is getting out of his comfort zone...2 losses nothing but kids will see through him...plus I don't think Kiffin is an SEC caliber coach or coordinator and he is as stellar role model. Time will tell...

Get off my backside....blowing all this up for the drama...go play some more PS4 where pretend dynsties are created...

There isn't a single bit of this ^ that makes the slightest bit of sense.

117b3ex.jpg

No silly...don't you know Bama lost its last two games?

Clearly they're on a downward spiral...nevermind the last time Alabama lost its last two games, they ran off three national titles in four years.

My bad. CBJ clearly has Saban shaking in his boots (or Nikes).

VN Store

Back