Other SEC coaches fearing the rise of our proud program

Because Tennessee is a national power and always will be. When people talk about the SEC, they're a few levels. UT and Alabama are on thAt first level. No one else is

No offense, and I agree with you in general terms, but in the SEC, second place is a heckuva lot closer to third than it is to first.

Well, it sorta helps if you've beaten someone up lately. Otherwise they will be breaking in line trying to be next, Go ahead, ask Oregon?

To be fair, we beat USC and should've beaten UGA (and despite the bizarre injuries that took place that game, the wheels hadn't yet fallen off for them). While it's fair to say USC is a new kid in terms of success they did finish in the top 5 and have had far better than just good teams the past couple of years even by SEC standards. We're not there yet but those games showed reports of our demise (even by our own fanbase) have been exaggerated.

Last year, I mark post-TSIO as the approximate point where our team was just too damn beat up, injured, lacking in depth, and tired to keep overachieving and playing their best given the circumstances (although they may well have given all they could before then - just too hard to tell for sure if the USC victory spent them and TSIO had such a talent differential that it's not a great judge though it DID look to me like they could've done better). I don't blame the QB change like many although having to start a true frosh at that point (when everyone else is seasoned didn't help to say the least) as you could see it in our lines (that was where it was most obvious to me).

As for Oregon - we were too dam green and we were green all year.

Well, you haven't noticed anybody on them because in typical Gator bandwagon fan spirit most of your fans have switched teams. Most of them are over on the FSU boards practicing that War Chant for when they play the Gators.

:salute:

I just read on another post about a UT fan being mad about all the Bama and Gator stuff that he has seen in Memphis and Nashville. These cars have TN plates. I guess losing for decades will do that to the win now generation.... Sad but true.

Did you know that TN has only beat Florida 9 times in the last 60+ years. Of course you didn't since you been cheering on this forum alone.... :eek:lol:

I just read on another post about a UT fan being mad about all the Bama and Gator stuff that he has seen in Memphis and Nashville. These cars have TN plates. I guess losing for decades will do that to the win now generation.... Sad but true.

Did you know that TN has only beat Florida 9 times in the last 60+ years. Of course you didn't since you been cheering on this forum alone.... :eek:lol:

You know full well that we didn't play regularly until recently. I'm good with rival posters, unlike some, but that's pure troll.

GG13 is earning his troll card, no doubt.

That said, I find it interesting that there's an older generation of UT fans who still consider UF to be a Johnny Come Lately, yet there's optimism surrounding the current UT program based on a home win against a South Carolina program that not too long ago was once the worst in "big time" CFB.

Just like 2012 was the "put up or shut up" year for Dooley, 2015 will be the make or break year for Butch Jones.

Reactions: 1 person

That said, I find it interesting that there's an older generation of UT fans who still consider UF to be a Johnny Come Lately, yet there's optimism surrounding the current UT program based on a home win against a South Carolina program that not too long ago was once the worst in "big time" CFB.

Blah blah blah I love jorts blah blah blah Tim Tebow blah blah blah natural ice

You find it interesting... Not trolling if it's facts. We could always candy coat it and feel like we are loved...

Ummmm... decades of losing??? Where the hell have you been? Wish these gators and bammers would just stay on their own boards.. instead of coming on here and showing their stupidity..

You can look it up on the internet... Lil facts seem to upset some. Pell and Hall were beating Ut before Spurrier...

Just like 2012 was the "put up or shut up" year for Dooley, 2015 will be the make or break year for Butch Jones.

It's not just the SC win though. Those of us who really watch football closely, I guess at a more team/unit level, can spot a good coach and/or sea-change. While the jury's still out on Jones he performed exceptionally well given our circumstances and what he had to work with and you could see that in the way the team played, especially until they just ran out of gas. There were exceptions (early on and later) but again they make sense in context of the circumstances.

Of course, some fans just have blind hope/faith but some of us are not only more jaded but also watch the games differently than others do.

Actually, beating the coach that made florida gators a powerhouse and made USCe a contender....is what made that win even nicer..

Spurrier just picked up what Pell and Hall started. The only problem is that no one noticed them because they put FL on probation.

Recently.... 25 years wouldn't be defined as "recently"... 2 or 3 would.... :hi:

considering you said 60 years then yes 25 is recently.

also you do understand you went 4-8 last year right ?

not much room for you to be on here trolling us.

You're desperation is cute.

If I were desperate...I would be mentioning how many...7? Sacks that dynasty oline gave up in a certain bowl game....not that #1 bama was made #7 by AU. Your desperation throwing stones on a vol message brd expecting not to trolled is what is cute as well as desperate.

Not trolling if it's facts.... Sorry it hurt your feeling to know the truth. UT played great football in the 50's, 40's, 30's, 20's, and so on.... Times have changed..... :dunno:

Not trolling if it's facts.... Sorry it hurt your feeling to know the truth. UT played great football in the 50's, 40's, 30's, 20's, and so on.... Times have changed..... :dunno:

4-8? Never happen at UT...not even with Dooley.

Yep... Gators went 4-8 and first losing season since 1979... Not many teams can say that???? Florida even lost to GA. So. during that 4-8 season. One of those 4 "W" had to hurt even though FL was "bad".... :clapping:

It's not just the SC win though. Those of us who really watch football closely, I guess at a more team/unit level, can spot a good coach and/or sea-change. While the jury's still out on Jones he performed exceptionally well given our circumstances and what he had to work with and you could see that in the way the team played, especially until they just ran out of gas. There were exceptions (early on and later) but again they make sense in context of the circumstances.

Of course, some fans just have blind hope/faith but some of us are not only more jaded but also watch the games differently than others do.

Fair enough...Jones is an upgrade over Dooley, and that alone is enough to warrant optimism.

Fair enough...Jones is an upgrade over Dooley, and that alone is enough to warrant optimism.

He's about to have two top 10 classes after 3 consecutive losing seasons. Order will be restored soon and the rightful ruler of the east will reign for decades.

He's about to have two top 10 classes after 3 consecutive losing seasons. Order will be restored soon and the rightful ruler of the east will reign for decades.

I must have missed where someone other than Florida has won the Eastern Division more times since the SEC added South Carolina and Arkansas in 1992.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back