Speculation : Is Todd Kelly Injured ?

So. Any actual news on the situation or is this another Von Pearson update type of thing?

A bit more of the latter, at this point.

EDIT: for those just joining the thread -- Todd Kelly, Jr. apparently had a tonsillectomy or similar surgery in the past week or so, and is recovering from it. There is speculation on complications because of a few alleged tweets, by him and others, that--if they existed--have since been removed. As far as we know, TKJr is fine, though he may not be 100% for the BGSU game and we might see Evan Berry starting instead of him at S.

[save you having to read 150+ posts to catch up, heh]

[note that none of this has yet been confirmed by the coaching staff, as far as we know]

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
Between attrition and Butch having to stock a literally bare cupboard with excellent talent we have no depth. Last year was above my expectations, outside of Fla, 7-6 and a bowl game win was great.

These kids are soph's and frosh. I keep saying this it will take another cycle and year to win a SECC. Maybe even two. This OL and this Secondary arent deep.

Our firsts are good, and seconds better than they were but were still really young in some key areas. Tempered expectations would be recommended. The rest of the SEC is big, and fast.
Hope Tod Kelly gets to feeling better. Or its not serious. Sometimes football is the least of our concerns.

Your thoughts remind me of the day when we all groaned when ANY true freshman HAD to play. It was very rare under Fulmer. But the silver lining was always: "Just imagine how good and experienced he/they will be next year."

That applies to our current team as I see it. Yes, we are young...but our sophomores who played last year as true freshman have real-live GAME experience. They have been battle-tested and have scar tissue. They remember the OK game, the Ole Miss game, the FL game. And we probably have more of these experienced sophomores than any other SEC team.

This is huge. I'll take these guys any day over any other SEC redshirt freshman who didn't play last year. Any day,all day.

And we love you, TKJr. GET WELL SOON AND BALL OUT.

Reactions: 1 person
And if I'm right at the end of the season Ill give you all the business

Blue font

Actually, you and I aren't far off anyway. I've been on 8.5 for a while. I expect 8 and could very easily see getting an extra with a little luck and two with a little more luck.

CBJ could go to his ace in the hole and see if he wouldn't mind playing safety until the other players get healthy.

Yes, again Jauan Jennings could step in and become the next Deon Grant at FS. That was the other position he played in HS i believe. :good!:

EDIT: for those just joining the thread -- Todd Kelly, Jr. apparently had a tonsillectomy or similar surgery in the past week or so, and is recovering from it. There is speculation on complications because of a few alleged tweets, by him and others, that--if they existed--have since been removed. As far as we know, TKJr is fine, though he may not be 100% for the BGSU game and we might see Evan Berry starting instead of him at S.

Thank you. Much appreciated. I hate wading through some of the fluff on here sometimes. Thumbs up sir.

Not enough quality depth added to the drama of our o line. Injuries at key positions before we even start the season. 10 wins is an unrealistic expectation.

And we don't even know what happened to TK yet

Thank you for the common sense :hi:

Yesterday morning Todd Kelly tweeted saying something along the lines of 'he is sad that this happened to him at this time and also he believes in God's plan for him' etc.
Today Jancek said something along the lines of Evan Berry will start/share the snaps. Jones talked about Max Arnold getting snaps.
Combining all these information along with guys on different talk shows going in depth about depth at safeties while saying 'we can't discuss' injuries.

Is Todd Kelly hurt ? Is it serious ? I really hope not. I have really high hopes from the kid.

..........not to mention giving Sapp some rep's at SS also.

Do you know when he is having the surgery?

Tonsil surgery in adults has many more hazards than the surgery in children. One of my brothers has the surgery after he returned home after WWII and almost died from bleeding. However, I am sure that the surgery has been simplified sense then. I had my tonsiles removed in 1943 and ate a lot of ice cream.

Tonsil surgery in adults has many more hazards than the surgery in children. One of my brothers has the surgery after he returned home after WWII and almost died from bleeding. However, I am sure that the surgery has been simplified sense then. I had my tonsiles removed in 1943 and ate a lot of ice cream.

they took them out with chainsaws back then so, no wonder...

[note that none of this has yet been confirmed by the coaching staff, as far as we know]

If I could I would give you 119 likes for this post.

Reactions: 3 people
If I could I would give you 119 likes for this post.

GL it's my fault it got derailed. I'm hoping all is good with TK and this Twitter nonsense is just all BS myself. God knows we need everyone healthy as can be this season

Reactions: 2 people
CBJ could go to his ace in the hole and see if he wouldn't mind playing safety until the other players get healthy.

Yes, again Jauan Jennings could step in and become the next Deon Grant at FS. That was the other position he played in HS i believe. :good!:
He could play safety and receiver, like Carl Pickens.

VN Store

Back