Speculation : Is Todd Kelly Injured ?

BigDaddy, you and Momma need to go into the kitchen, look in the cabinet under the sink. There's a package down there with some lunch-sized brown paper bags. Go ahead and pull one out.

Now take a seat at the kitchen table. Shake that bag open. Go ahead, all the way open. Now choke it up at the top. Good. Put that end of the bag over your mouth and nose, and just hold it there. Focus on breathing slowly in, and out. In and out. Slowly...in...and...out.

Good job, BigDaddy. Feeling better?

We are gonna be fine. Just keep that bag over your face a while longer, there's undoubtedly gonna be more bad news at some point in the season. So just hang on to it.

Reactions: 4 people
I hope that's all it is.

All it is? Hold up a second. TK talks about God's plan for him. That sounds alot like what Eric Berry was saying last year. Not trying to start a panic here, but this "illness could be worse than your garden variety injury.

Taking bits and pieces of "news" and filling in the gaps is EXACTLY why Jones clamped down on leaks and media access. Threads like this are irresponsible and do nothing more than assure that we continue to get very restricted news out of the program from official and unofficial sources.

I have no power to make anyone stop.... but PLEASE STOP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
All it is? Hold up a second. TK talks about God's plan for him. That sounds alot like what Eric Berry was saying last year. Not trying to start a panic here, but this "illness could be worse than your garden variety injury.

The phrase is fairly common. It can mean anything from cancer to a challenge in his personal life. We will know when we know. Speculation at this point does no good and can do significant harm.

Reactions: 2 people

And it could not be. Why assume it is or freak out until we actually know something?? Wish him the best in the meantime.

Taking bits and pieces of "news" and filling in the gaps is EXACTLY why Jones clamped down on leaks and media access. Threads like this are irresponsible and do nothing more than assure that we continue to get very restricted news out of the program from official and unofficial sources.

I have not power to make anyone stop.... but PLEASE STOP.

Are you suggesting every old man stalker on an athletes twitter/facebook/instathingamajig account is not a certified private investigator?!?!?!?!

Wow...that's the biggest, craziest leap I've seen on this board. Let me get this straight:

One other person in the world said something about God's plan when he found out he had a serious life or career threatening illness, and so if another person references "God's plan" then it could mean that they too have a serious, life or career threatening illness?

My Mom once said that her having a 3rd kid was "God's plan". Maybe Kelly is Pregnant. Kelly does sound like a girls name...

Reactions: 10 people
Wow...that's the biggest, craziest leap I've seen on this board. Let me get this straight:

One other person in the world said something about God's plan when he found out he had a serious life or career threatening illness, and so if another person references "God's plan" then it could mean that they too have a serious, life or career threatening illness?

My Mom once said that her having a 3rd kid was "God's plan". Maybe Kelly is Pregnant. Kelly does sound like a girls name...

My inside source tells me that "God's plan" is code for Jancek's playbook. Nothing to worry about here.

It's the fallout from high hopes that kills me. There are plenty on here looking at 10 wins, and when it doesn't happen they will blame Jones and say he's over rated and such. Just look at the fallout when he said we are still young, and we are

I was ridiculed and laughed at on here when I tried saying the same thing a few months ago. The mantra around here throughout the summer has been we are not young anymore.

If you have only been a fan since then that explains a lot. I feel bad for fans who have only been fans for the last 6-10 years. I have a lot of respect for the younger or newer UT fans but it has been rough.

I've been on here since 05, read the post. Fan since 1980

The reality is we are still one year away from truly challenging the SEC. Why most cannot see that is beyond me. Just sit back and think for a second, most of the players we highlight on this board are either true sophomores or only have two years of SEC experience, with quite a few true freshmen in the two deep. We need to temper expectations just a bit and enjoy where we are now compared to where we were 3-5 years ago.

BigDaddy, you and Momma need to go into the kitchen, look in the cabinet under the sink. There's a package down there with some lunch-sized brown paper bags. Go ahead and pull one out.

Now take a seat at the kitchen table. Shake that bag open. Go ahead, all the way open. Now choke it up at the top. Good. Put that end of the bag over your mouth and nose, and just hold it there. Focus on breathing slowly in, and out. In and out. Slowly...in...and...out.

Good job, BigDaddy. Feeling better?

We are gonna be fine. Just keep that bag over your face a while longer, there's undoubtedly gonna be more bad news at some point in the season. So just hang on to it.
Where have I waivered and freaked out? I've said the same thing all summer. I'm just pointing it out when it happens. I'm been on seven wins since summer.

The reality is we are still one year away from truly challenging the SEC. Why most cannot see that is beyond me. Just sit back and think for a second, most of the players we highlight on this board are either true sophomores or only have two years of SEC experience, with quite a few true freshmen in the two deep. We need to temper expectations just a bit and enjoy where we are now compared to where we were 3-5 years ago.
This exactly

I was ridiculed and laughed at on here when I tried saying the same thing a few months ago. The mantra around here throughout the summer has been we are not young anymore.

That's what happens when you state facts that don't point to winning

Ok, but what we don't know is what happened to prompt a reply like glad you are alive. He could have had a bleeding tonsil which is in the correct time frame for post op. That is a medical emergency. So then there is that.

Yeah teenagers and their status updates are never misunderstood or over dramatized

I think 9 is a pipe dream as well

Hope I never have to go to war with you. The first word in the previous sentence is something you could use. Last years team was five points from 9 wins and yes we had a miracle at SC. So change it to 8 and no reason this team can't get to 9 including a bowl win in a year the SEC LOOKS THE WEAKEST IT HAS BEEN IN A LONG TIME. Sorry for all caps. On mobile and not going to retype it.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate to say it but I am looking forward to the games starting, when the theme of the day will be the would of, could of, should of threads.

I have had enough of the speculation panic of people who have never witnessed a rebuild of this team in their life.

Where have I waivered and freaked out? I've said the same thing all summer. I'm just pointing it out when it happens. I'm been on seven wins since summer.

So, this is just about you being right. If you were on 7, then where are you after all the injuries? You must update and predict 5 because the injuries would have to create less wins. I expected 8 regular season wins would be great and more would be gravy. No reason to change that with who we are playing and the state of so many teams.

The symptoms of BVS (Battered Vol Syndrome) are running rampant in this thread. Fellow Volunteers, enjoy this time. Despite what the "legions of the miserable" would have you believe, we are close; almost tangibly close, to returning from where we regrettably left so many painful years ago. Relish it. Love it. Be the catharsis.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back