Butch Jones Post Arky Presser

i'm proud of this team. In proud of this coach. It's nice to actually be in every game we play again. We actually have a chance to win every week. Eventually the dam will burst and this team will start winning.
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: 1 person
Disappointed loss....I saw a post in this thread that said "I feel sorry for the players"

Well, I hate it for the team and coaches because some of these talented players were put in position to succeed tonight and failed. Preston Williams' fumble going in for six and his huge (overthrown) drop killed us. Missed fg again and the block in the back. Offensive line not blocking a soul in 4th quarter. Malone being lazy and not laying out for a big catch etc...Defense missed tackles. Say what you want but tonight was not on the coaches.I liked the offensive gameplan. Nothing like some conservative junk we have seen when preserving leads. I was pleased with the playcalls finally. This team just has to learn to win.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm proud of this team. In proud of this coach. It's nice to actually be in every game we play again. We actually have a chance to win every week. Eventually the dam will burst and This team will start winning.

I bet you played for losing teams growing up. Some people just don't understand that winning is a team mentality. Being satisfied with "actually having a chance to win" is the biggest loser outlook ever. I bet you rode the pine you dork

I bet you played for losing teams growing up. Some people just don't understand that winning is a team mentality. Being satisfied with "actually having a chance to win" is the biggest loser outlook ever. I bet you rode the pine you dork

Internet tough guy. Attack a fellow vol for being positive unlike most others. Just because you and everyone else are negative, doesn't mean you have to bring others down with you. Btw, Congrats on your 4 state titles!

Reactions: 5 people
I'm proud of this team. In proud of this coach. It's nice to actually be in every game we play again. We actually have a chance to win every week. Eventually the dam will burst and This team will start winning.

8FxEa.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Dude, relax. He is not killing the program. Dooley and hamilton killed it a long time ago. Jones has at least brought back talent.

they all new it would be another year..expected sec title this year.

next year if this **** happens..fire them all..this year get rid of oline coach.. anything is better then this crap after 3 years

This guy is over his head. His hires proves he has no ****ing business coaching in a power 5 conference let alone the SEC. He just lost to a guy who has been on the job the same years he has , has recruited way behind him and lost to a ****ing mid major!

This was an absolute measure of CBJ and the measure came up loser. Time to move on.

Underrated post imo.

well said :good!:

What the hell was up with Dobbs drinking water with the side of his mouth? Was there a player meltdown after the game and fists started flying?

The problem is we don't get rid of Butch unless we get rid of Hart and maybe Cheeks first. They gave him this deal. Butch is sitting pretty no matter what.

That's close but we need ALL the people in admin from AD Hart all the way up to be gone and replaced by admin people that understand that all sports at UT do matter!

Then we need the huge amount of $$$ to make it all happen and fast before recruits decommit and before our best players transfer out and leave the roster bare again.

VFL...GBO!!!

Disappointed loss....I saw a post in this thread that said "I feel sorry for the players"

Well, I hate it for the team and coaches because some of these talented players were put in position to succeed tonight and failed. Preston Williams' fumble going in for six and his huge (overthrown) drop killed us. Missed fg again and the block in the back. Offensive line not blocking a soul in 4th quarter. Malone being lazy and not laying out for a big catch etc...Defense missed tackles. Say what you want but tonight was not on the coaches.I liked the offensive gameplan. Nothing like some conservative junk we have seen when preserving leads. I was pleased with the playcalls finally. This team just has to learn to win.

I am definitely done with Jones and the majority of his coaching staff, but I do agree this game was more on the players than the coaches. May ultimately end up on the coaches, and if they are doing a good job in practice getting them "coached up". I think we all probably know the answer to that.

thank you

I feel horrible for the players.

yeah....I can see it now...

Wayne's World dreamscape dodaloo...dodaloo....dodaloo

ST coach and Jones: "OK guys take a knee....today we're going to discuss and show you how to block in the back to negate a TD return...."

Jones: looks over at the receivers; "hey hold up guys...your're doing it wrong....I want to show you how to fumble after catch....better yet this is a technique we learned about so you can let the ball go through your hands"

Jones to Jancek: "that tackling technique is quite effective...what say we ease that up a bit and teach them more lose arm tackling? At least that'll make the other team feel a little better when they gain an extra 1o or 15 yards."

some of you really slay me with the 100% coaches fault shtick

I just want to see someone on our team gets pissed about losing...smh feels like Dooley all over again

I'm beginning to think Dooley is better. He knew his running game was bad, so he aired it out. Butch decided to take to the air when Hurd & Kamara are all we have. Why???

Dude it's called the big 10. Easier to trun around playing 10 vandies a year.

Yeah Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern (5-0), Indiana (4-1), Iowa (5-0), Illinois (4-1), Penn State (4-1). They are a good conference, and our coaching staff and team are like zombies.

I agree. Damn right I am disappointed. But I wish like hell all these guys would follow their on advice. They say they are done, but then they don't leave! Come on man we suck! Leave! You keep saying your done - then be done.
You guys go away and if Butch can still turn this around come back later! If not, we'll see you when next coach comes.

He may not get fired this year but I really doubt he joins the Big Orange Caravan next year either way. He lost Neylabd Stadium tonight - it is a shame to see our fans throwing debris at our head coach. It is horrible to see 50.000 fans leave 2 minutes to go on a four point game -- fans gave up and the players have too

Dobbs statement spoke volumes that he does not think we can beat Geoegia, but we will be here in the stadium anyway
Wait. Did this happen?

VN Store

Back