Confused about Kamara

Something else that bothers me is how many times has a back up O linemen come in for an injured one and actually play better? Maybe others could have developed Blair better idk. I hate seeing Alabama run what we use to run and should run with Dobbs, Hurd and Kamara.

Attachments

• 4D7123EB-EBF7-4DEF-92DB-2EB94ADCC132.jpg
    4D7123EB-EBF7-4DEF-92DB-2EB94ADCC132.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
Something else that bothers me is how many times has a back up O linemen come in for an injured one and actually play better? Maybe others could have developed Blair better idk. I hate seeing Alabama run what we use to run and should run with Dobbs, Hurd and Kamara.

Well if they played better they would start. Durp!

Nothing I have read on VN seems definitive concerning his injury status. Does his return look unlikely at this point? Sprained ligament or worse than that?

I would continue letting the injured rehab for as long as possible. Even as they dress in uniform for gameday, would you play them as long as the replacements were doing the job? Several players are getting valuable experience on the field. If we get to Atlanta, I would hope to see as many as possible get as close to 100% as possible.

...you are disrespecting UT's players and the program when you bring up a possible injury? Therefore, I'm not going to talk about it...and will be lecturing you further on this topic in a few minutes...."

For everyone that has criticized Butch Jones for not releasing injury status - you should know that it benefits players.

Hurd. Kamara. JRM. They don't want specifics released as to create speculation in the NFL draft process. That way they control the information. Not the media. Team doctors speak to team doctors.

As evidenced, go watch JRMs interview this pay week. He was asked about his injury and he said he'd rather not state what it was exactly.

Butch works for his players not the fans. I happen to like that. He knows who will keep him around. It's his team not us.

NFL teams will find out everything they want/need to know regardless of what Butch let's out. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. It's a control thing with Butch that he disguises as protecting the players.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree. Don't blame any of the kids who know they're not returning next year and are recovering from injuries.

Maybe next year Butch won't name 2 guys captains who decide to shut it down for the NFL instead of trying to come back and help the team.

Reactions: 5 people
No one should IMO. He's done what he needed to do to improve his draft stock. Go get healthy, prepare for and do well at the combine, and wait to see who's gonna pay you and how much.

This is BS. All players no matter how good they are should play out the year if not injured. Their first priority is to help reach team goals for the year...in UT's case win the SEC East and go to the championship. Those that are going to prep for the NFL combine can do it after the season. Based on what you are saying about top college players shutting it down to get ready for the NFL is not real...if it were Alabama would not be able to win a Nat Championship because all their juniors and seniors would take off near the endof the season.

Is Mosley still on the team? How about Bain?

I'm not taking shots at Alvin. I only stated that he was not our premiere back nor would he ever have been. It doesn't really have much to do with him running up the middle, but that certainly is a factor now that you mention it. He could not sustain the beating that is delivered week in week out with our lack of linemen. His legs were constantly injured with the little playing time that he got.

It's not a knock against him. It was one of the reasons that he didn't play a lot and would have never assumed carrying the bulk of the load on this team. Maybe another one, but not this one.

What team would Kamara assume the load for?

Pretty simple- If not 100%, do not play... If 100% and can help, he plays... He came back for a reason, and hopefully that wasn't to pick and choose which games he plays and doesn't play, but give his all for the University and his teammates...He's not in the NFL yet and hasn't gotten drafted, so he is still a college kid playing the game.

If you have a problem with kid that you don't know due to whatever I write on a message board, then you have a lot more problems than TN football.

All we have to know him by is what we see with Vol football and the crap you post here. If anyone has a problem, it's the guy coming to the forums telling us Jalen made a bad decision to come here and takes himself out of games and paints him as a me first player, while trashing anyone who says he isn't gods greatest gift to football and relentlessly defending every sh1t post you make

Reactions: 10 people
All we have to know him by is what we see with Vol football and the crap you post here. If anyone has a problem, it's the guy coming to the forums telling us Jalen made a bad decision to come here and takes himself out of games and paints him as a me first player, while trashing anyone who says he isn't gods greatest gift to football and relentlessly defending every sh1t post you make

This 1000 times.

I agree with Vol74, if we would run I formation Hurd would be one of the best backs in the country. He runs like a man possessed when he gets going. He hasn't had much opportunity to do that this year. With our O Line I don't understand why we never have Wolf or anyone hit the hole before him. The Jones offense is good in some ways horrible in others.

Ok. That's why he's been on the field hardly at all the last 2 years? Why is that? I mean, he was our best back, right?

He'll be a great ST player or slot receiver in the league, but he's not taking an NFL beating every week. One of the reasons he wasn't on the field much at UT.

How many near 700 yard days have we had this year? JH doesn't run north and south because he doesn't like the pounding. He's turned soft and is also looking to the future. Probably doing so on extremely bad familial advice.

How many near 700 yard days have we had this year? JH doesn't run north and south because he doesn't like the pounding. He's turned soft and is also looking to the future. Probably doing so on extremely bad familial advice.

Hopefully Hurd isn't talking to who Marquez North was talking to.

If you have a problem with kid that you don't know due to whatever I write on a message board, then you have a lot more problems than TN football.

Then you need to stop posting as a family authority. I still think he is a good kid. His attitude has changed noticeably this year. I you are the one that has been giving him advice, either STFU or advise him to transfer to a school like LA Tech where the boys aren't so big and fast.

No problem with Hurd directly but I do know you are the biggest clown on this board. Your representation of the kid has run dry. You've done nothing but paint Hurd in a negative light. Complaining about scheme, talking transfer, acting like one is his teammates can't compare, etc. is not productive for the person you claim to represent. I'd beat your damn ass if I was Hurd and you painted my career in the way you have. Even IF it was true.

oh and good call on Kamara being out the rest of the year. Butch says a couple weeks but I'm sure there's a story about Jalen not getting any blocking that'll explain it.

Reactions: 5 people
No problem with Hurd directly but I do know you are the biggest clown on this board. Your representation of the kid has run dry. You've done nothing but paint Hurd in a negative light. Complaining about scheme, talking transfer, acting like one is his teammates can't compare, etc. is not productive for the person you claim to represent. I'd beat your damn ass if I was Hurd and you painted my career in the way you have. Even IF it was true.

oh and good call on Kamara being out the rest of the year. Butch says a couple weeks but I'm sure there's a story about Jalen not getting any blocking that'll explain it.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with Vol74, if we would run I formation Hurd would be one of the best backs in the country. He runs like a man possessed when he gets going. He hasn't had much opportunity to do that this year. With our O Line I don't understand why we never have Wolf or anyone hit the hole before him. The Jones offense is good in some ways horrible in others.

I say run the Wing T with Hurd at fullback and the other two in the other back positions. Then Hurd and the tight end can block for the other two ... JUST KIDDING - I think. :)

There are many weapons on this team - the offense needs to use ALL the weapons to win. Players, regardless of their role, get more recognition when the team wins.

Folks on here complain if the running backs don't get the yards, complain if the QB don't get the yards, complain if the wide receivers don't get the yards, complain if the tight ends don't get the yards. Some folks just like to complain.

VN Store

Back