Evidence Overwhelming... Bye Butch!

I'm just ready for Georgia to finish off Butch so we can get him out of here during bye week. Currie will make a splash hire mark it down

You do realize he is about 7-8 in sec in pay. We would have to step it up financially to get better.

I'm a ma'am, and beat Georgia and everyone will be excited again.

I'm keeping the faith and supporting this team and Butch until I see a reason not too.

And at this point, you don't see a reason not to?

And I am referring to supporting Butch.

Sorry, I just disagree. I have not seen anything to make me think he can get it done here.

You do realize he is about 7-8 in sec in pay. We would have to step it up financially to get better.

And UT historically has not paid big money and probably still won’t. Don’t get one’s hopes up for a big splash hire if Butch is fired.

...and at 3-1? The people calling for Jones to be fired this week are not in touch with reality.

I agree. Headlines would be horrible. "Tennessee fires head coach after moving to 3-1 for the year".

I believe he needs to go and I do not believe he can get us to the next step, but we have to let several more games, or possibly the year, before we can let him go.

Firing a coach at 3-1 would not be something that would help us attract a high quality coach. Cannot seem reactionary.

Reactions: 1 person
When you're building a foundation brick by brick it takes time. Sure you can buy the bricks and have them shipped in, but who will lay them? Do we really want to go back to looking for Rommel and teaching shower etiquette?

Butch should have been fired when the plane hit the tarmac in Knoxville after the UF game but I think he lasts until the end of year because of his buyout. I think we save 2 Mil. if we do. This year appears to shot anyway.

If butch were to leave for another job doesn't that program have to buy his contract since he would not be fired? Anybody know how this works...

Lyle is a great coach. It takes time when you're building a foundation for sucess brick by brick. The lazy players are the ones that shoulder the blame. It's all in front of them and they don't even want to pick up a pointed trowel and help get this foundation done.

Reactions: 1 person
I've seen enough.

Year 5. Multiple top-10 recruiting classes.

Yet, we are pathetic.

"Genius" DC Shoop year 2 looking average - at best - with far better personnel than his prior 2 teams.

Rookie OC Larry Scott... what can you say? Clueless and enjoying on the job training on our team's dime. It's like watching a toddler on a tricycle for the first time.

Common denominator? Butch Jones. The evidence is overwhelming and we are doomed for another sh*tty season.

Time to fire Butch.

Lol great argument, I mean rant.

Last edited:
Are you a woman?

Does your unintelligent, beer swilling, buzz cut, droopy ass jean wearing question make you feel like more of a man for asking? I've got no dog in this hunt. I'm not even sure what the issue is. I just ran across your post and saw this as the same type of bs people use to shut down an argument/conversation because they're afraid of engaging in a real debate. Are you a woman?

Does your unintelligent, beer swilling, buzz cut, droopy ass jean wearing question make you feel like more of a man for asking? I've got no dog in this hunt. I'm not even sure what the issue is. I just ran across your post and saw this as the same type of bs people use to shut down an argument/conversation because they're afraid of engaging in a real debate. Are you a woman?

How's the isle of palms looking. Heard it burnt again

VN Store

Back