Evidence Overwhelming... Bye Butch!

I've saying Butch wasn't the guy since the Vandy game last year. Up until now I have not called to fire him mid season and name an interim. The game today changed that. Time to light up the torches and sharpen the tines on your pitchforks folks. Butch needs to go asap.

REAL coaches understand that in your 5th season, playing an 0-4 team like Tennessee just played will get your ass fired.

They avoided disaster. That is the only thing that was critical about today's game. I'm embarrassed at how they played and pi$$ed at Jones too but let's not go overboard. Jones and this team can redeem themselves next week. We will see what they're made of.

This team has a ton of potential.

Unfortunately, the staff does not. There's nothing to redeem there. This "Excuse of the Week" drama is a broken record we've been listening to for five years now.

Seriously, how much more evidence do you need?

CBJ is in over his head...way over his head...in the SEC. He's not the first, and he won't be the last, but he's a MAC-level coach. That's it. It's literally that simple. He can recruit SEC talent, but that's where he peaks. He can't develop it, and he damn sure can't put together a solid game plan. The demands and the pressure of being an SEC head coach are just simply beyond his skill level.

Again, nothing personal, but it is what it is. We have a Cessna pilot trying to fly a LearJet. It's just not gonna work. Period.

Go Vols.

It doesn't matter. If Tennessee wants to be able to lure a good coach here in the future, it won't help matters by making a change when the team is 3-1.

Then we can wait till November. Its likely to look a lot like last year. That will definitely reel in the top tier candidates

He's coaching for his job now, and I think he knows it. I also think, deep down, he's ready to step back down to a job with less pressure and lower demands. He won't admit it, maybe even to himself. His pride won't allow it. But he's done here, and part of him knows it. So does his staff, and so does some of the team. And once you reach that point, it's just a matter of when and how it ends.

Next week, next month, next year. That part I don't have a good feel for. But on the sidelines, in the post-game pressers, and almost every time CBJ speaks, I see the body language and hear the voice of a man who is in over his head, and knows it.

Currie needs to get busy. And get it right next time.

Go Vols.

Somebody (ies) on that staff really needs a wake up call... pitiful 2 weeks in a row. Its on the staff... Butch needs to make a change. Likely on the O-side.

On the other hand... Butch did warn us, UMass is a very good team in spite of 0-4 start. He called it.

Butch has reached Dooley like territory. The idiotic things people say to defend him is exactly like the Dooley love.

Fire Butch and hire who? Home run hire is the only way to go and I don't know who that could be.

chipkellyhandsjpg-c238ac2a4f28afd2.jpg

"Hello VolNation!"

He's coaching for his job now, and I think he knows it. I also think, deep down, he's ready to step back down to a job with less pressure and lower demands. He won't admit it, maybe even to himself. His pride won't allow it. But he's done here, and part of him knows it. So does his staff, and so does some of the team. And once you reach that point, it's just a matter of when and how it ends.

Next week, next month, next year. That part I don't have a good feel for. But on the sidelines, in the post-game pressers, and almost every time CBJ speaks, I see the body language and hear the voice of a man who is in over his head, and knows it.

Currie needs to get busy. And get it right next time.

Go Vols.

Would not be shocked to see Jones bolt on his own if he has a halfway decent offer. I think he feels underappreciated and that we should be more thankful for the meager wins he manages to scrape out.

i also think he wants out. I think that's one reason why he changed agents. Sexton has connections other agents don't have.

I hope they can win enough games he can market himself to a Colorado State-type program and Tennessee can hire a new coach cause they are outstanding at finding good coaches.

VN Store

Back