Who would you start at QB?

Who would you start at QB this season if you were the head coach?

• Jarrett Guarantano

• Harrison Bailey

• Brian Maurer

• JT Shrout

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This implies he had a problem throwing picks in mop up time.

As for the picks themselves, the MSU ones are very clearly him. The attempt to JJ in double coverage left MC open for a walk in underneath. That's the kind that you can teach an aggressive young QB to avoid. The one vs UGA was an overthrow where he didn't see the S help. Again, something you can correct. The one vs Bama where JJ bobbled then handed the ball off to a DB... isn't on the QB.

The one vs UF was an excellent play by them. The ball was not poorly thrown but their DB recovered and deflected the ball. Another DB made a diving grab. If you get a few of those and a bunch like the TD he threw to JJ vs UGA because your QB is aggressive... then you live with it.
Interceptions are interceptions, my dude.
He throws too many of them.

Im 50/50. With the way this fan base is treating him I wouldn’t have blamed him a bit. And every qb NEEDS a coach that believes in him. Although something tells me that he wants to “shut us up” his own way and he’s confident in doing so. If he’s denied the opportunity to compete with whoever’s been “chosen” like last year.......there’s a strong possibility that we find ourselves without him in ‘21.
More than a strong possibility.
Its almost a sure thing that BM will not be here next year.
As his biggest fan, where would you like to see him land?
As i've said before, I think Kiffin could do wonders with him.

Reactions: lexkyvol
How do you say it is almost a sure thing he won’t be here? That’s just like, your opinion, man.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
How do you say it is almost a sure thing he won’t be here? That’s just like, your opinion, man.
Many reasons.
I've stated these reasons many times in other threads and I don't feel like doing it again.
But I assure you, he almost certainly will not be here next season.

Truthfully I want to see him at UT if he and Pruitt can co exist and I believe that’ll happen tbh. But if he were to leave for unforeseen reasons I agree he’s definitely a Kiffin kind of qb and Kiffin did try and recruit him at FAU so that’s possible. But I think if he left he’d want to be closer to home. He loved UCF. UF and Miami got involved late as well. So depending on how he felt ABOUT leaving could influence that. If he pays attention to the fan base and the way they’ve treated him, I could see him choosing anyone that plays us every year. But he’s really not that kind of kid either. So idk. I would expect him to make the best decision depending on the coach, style of play and level of support. But right now I gotta say Kiffin fits his style the best.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Truthfully I want to see him at UT if he and Pruitt can co exist and I believe that’ll happen tbh. But if he were to leave for unforeseen reasons I agree he’s definitely a Kiffin kind of qb and Kiffin did try and recruit him at FAU so that’s possible. But I think if he left he’d want to be closer to home. He loved UCF. UF and Miami got involved late as well. So depending on how he felt ABOUT leaving could influence that. If he pays attention to the fan base and the way they’ve treated him, I could see him choosing anyone that plays us every year. But he’s really not that kind of kid either. So idk. I would expect him to make the best decision depending on the coach, style of play and level of support. But right now I gotta say Kiffin fits his style the best.
Who would you root for if started for a team that played UT?

Many reasons.
I've stated these reasons many times in other threads and I don't feel like doing it again.
But I assure you, he almost certainly will not be here next season.
With all due respect though..... the same things were said last season as well. Countless posters said “he won’t see the field outside of mop up” or “he’s behind Shrout” or “he’ll transfer this year”. None of which has come true. In fact he was just recruiting Salter (I believe) before he committed and responded to someone asking “why?” with “who doesn’t like competition?”.

With all due respect though..... the same things were said last season as well. Countless posters said “he won’t see the field outside of mop up” or “he’s behind Shrout” or “he’ll transfer this year”. None of which has come true. In fact he was just recruiting Salter (I believe) before he committed and responded to someone asking “why?” with “who doesn’t like competition?”.
BM recruiting Salter speaks volumes to his character but....
The circumstances now are very different than last year.
I don't know why people would have said he would transfer last year. That makes no sense.
It makes alot of sense now.

Who would you root for if started for a team that played UT?
That’s a tough question. I love UT but I’d want him to have a big game too. I just hope to never be put in that position because I assure you, he’ll make us look stupid for letting him go. Especially if when we meet he has a good grasp of the offense and has been prepared as a starter

That’s a tough question. I love UT but I’d want him to have a big game too. I just hope to never be put in that position because I assure you, he’ll make us look stupid for letting him go. Especially if when we meet he has a good grasp of the offense and has been prepared as a starter
Ehhh... make us look dumb for letting him go?
We got Bailey and Salter.
BM is not THAT good, my dude.

BM recruiting Salter speaks volumes to his character but....
The circumstances now are very different than last year.
I don't know why people would have said he would transfer last year. That makes no sense.
It makes alot of sense now.
Only if you believe the rankings. And fwiw we had three qbs in our room last year. JG was the #1 duel threat qb in his class. He cant get out of his own lane. Bm was the 18th ranked pro style qb in his class. I know from being so close he was under evaluated and overlooked until late in the process. He’s the most mobile and fastest of the three. And Shrout I believe they got right due to his experience. That means they missed on two of three within our own, very thin, qb room. That’s a 33% accuracy rate. I actually did research to learn more about the services about 2 years ago and found that that 33% falls right in line with the research I found. Only 30% of the recruits on average every year are right where they should be in terms of rank. The other 70% should be moved up or down.

Ehhh... make us look dumb for letting him go?
We got Bailey and Salter.
BM is not THAT good, my dude.
Yet. You have to remember the same applies to him as HB in Hs. Last year BM didn’t know this offense as well as he will this year. And he won’t know it as well as he will next year. If you compare BM to HB as seniors in Hs (when they both last knew their offenses the best) they have comparable numbers. The difference is BM only had 10 games where HB played 15(?).

I hate it but you start JG. First sign of an offensive stall and can't get it done, you go for the youth movement and go to Bailey. It's why and how you get 4 star kids to come to your school. It's insane to suggest redshirting him given JG's history. Bailey, to which it applies to everybody gets no better sitting and watching everybody else play. He's the future, if JG falters, it's Bailey and you live with his freshman mistakes.

Reactions: preacherwebb
We need a game time QB, not a practice time QB so anyone not named JG should get the starting role.
Jmo but it's JG's last year. We need to get these other fellows some playing time to get them developed. JG nice person I'm sure but
too inconsistent. As one poster said 12 more games and the JG controversy is over.

Interceptions are interceptions, my dude.
He throws too many of them.
He did regardless. But that was ridiculously bad play on the part of JJ. He essentially handed the ball to the DB on a perfect throw. If he cannot clean up the INT's and/or throw more TD's then he won't ever start for UT.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Primarily I’m looking at the competition and stats in HS...Bailey orchestrated a state championship and a top 10 national ranking playing some of the best competition HS football has to offer....racking up tremendous stats.

I think he is better prepared to see, process and preform at this level...at this stage.
i think he's def better than maurer, but shrout...tbd.

bwahahahaahahahaaaaa! right

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back