Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone want to regulate NIL and get the government involved… good lord people, haven’t y’all learned anything? Leave it a free market

Who’s trying to regulate NIL? That is not what he is saying. NIL is and always will be a free market for a player to earn what his name, image and likeness is worth. He’s simply just saying conferences providing a revenue share to all players may have a positive impact on the amount of players entering the portal. Would his idea work on helping the portal? It may or may not, I’d guess no, personally. That’s the main point of his tweet though, helping the portal situation. He didn’t say anything about trying to regulate NIL.

Who’s trying to regulate NIL? That is not what he is saying. NIL is and always will be a free market for a player to earn what his name, image and likeness is worth. He’s simply just saying conferences providing a revenue share to all players may have a positive impact on the amount of players entering the portal. Would his idea work on helping the portal? It may or may not, I’d guess no, personally. That’s the main point of his tweet though, helping the portal situation. He didn’t say anything about trying to regulate NIL.
The big problem is that the overwhelming majority of players entering the portal are being cut from their team…. All of guys that have entered were pushed in that direction.

Garbage for everyone but the player maybe. $10 million is something "most" of us on this board will never have to wrestle with. Play in the Orange bowl, or respectfully pass and go collect a $10 million payday. I know what I would advise my son to do.
I'm not making a judgement on whether he should go or stay, but this comment is confusing. Why is it either/or? Why can't he play in the OB AND collect a $10 million payday?

What if he's a notification hoarder? Like Glitch??!

R.8dd5e596eb5c5bd7ed818d9b2a5891d5

Let's hope not. I would like to send a little to help too.

Now the conversation's about to get interesting and will probably be deleted or moved... Note, his word was "share", as opposed to "care", I think. But the distinction is basically without meaning.

It's always fun when someone decides to lecture you from their relativity.
That's the problem, people think integrity, or it's meaning, is relative. It isn't. Integrity has specific definitions for anyone who wants to know and look it up. Sure, we can try to make everything a gray area, or relative. But it's not.

Just like the meaning of everything else, people are trying to change it to what they want it to be. I won't give examples because of board rules, but it really should be obvious.

Last edited:
What is really crazy about Pickens is that he played WR and FS both one year at an insane level...if I remember correctly he had 5 ints that year...it is nuts that he was able to do that.
And got little or no attention for that unspeakable award, unlike another player who did the same thing.

My brother passed away last night so I’m in East Tennessee helping my parents. While putting away some clothes this evening I came across my favorite shirt from college days in the early aughts. We won a lot of games when I wore this regularly. May be time to dust it off again.

View attachment 522387

Condolences ♥️

Ill use same logic, this time with lbers, as when we couldnt recruit a DL to our lives.

What we gonna do? Tape 4 CB's together for backers?
Recruit a bunch of athletic running backs like Fulmer and (ol mustache) Defensive coordinator Chavis…He made stars and NFL guys out of those bunch. Getting great linebackers were hard to come by and getting them to Tennessee. We’re experiencing that problem now ! Of course people will say just win they will come. Well you can build and still may lack in some departments. Once they built a steady dose of backers then they were able to recruit some great ones !

Reactions: Vols330
My brother passed away last night so I’m in East Tennessee helping my parents. While putting away some clothes this evening I came across my favorite shirt from college days in the early aughts. We won a lot of games when I wore this regularly. May be time to dust it off again.

View attachment 522387
Sorry for your loss. Not an easy thing to deal with. Praying for you and the family.

View attachment 522387
Praying for you and your family.

View attachment 522387
Sorry for your loss!

View attachment 522387
🙏

View attachment 522387
Sorry to hear man. Remember the good times

The big problem is that the overwhelming majority of players entering the portal are being cut from their team…. All of guys that have entered were pushed in that direction.
True.
We just have to find a few of someone else’s “not so good ones” that are better than our current “not so good ones”.
Everything is relative.
One persons trash is another’s treasure.

View attachment 522387
😞, I’m sorry Jack. I know how this feels. There’s no more words because I know 3 x. Prayers for you and your family.

this why i judge the portal so hard.,, you got to look for the ones that are good and in the portal not those pushed.. ..just ask Deon, if this makes sense at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back