Tyler Baron to Louisville?

Why is it so hard to just wish players well?

He spent 4 years at UT.
Made some big time plays every now and then.
We have more skill at his spot now.

I hope he gets drafted and has a great life.
He gave his all for Tennessee for 4 or 5 years.

Good luck Tyler!

Yeah they did have a good run …but they had them at #10 I believe at one time and talking playoffs….the two games I saw…they looked extremely mediocre. Having them even close to the top 10 was picking cotton way over their heads. Brohm still needs a big haul in the portal. I’d imagine Ole Miss will be MUCH stronger than Louisville next year.
ACC championship was the only Louisville game I saw and you are being kind to describe them as mediocre.

Reactions: tennrich1
He is likely not getting drafted. He has one year left to earn $$ in his football career. He who pays the most gets him. His draft grade shows him as a UFA, so going to another program also could give that a boost if they use him differently or something that ups his performance and draft ability. He played hard here, got his degree, and I’m not going to hate on him. I wish he were here, but his career is on the last bits of sand. Gotta maximize while he can.
Did he get his degree here? If a guy contributes for 4 years and gets a degree, it is hard for me to criticize his character for making a move…seems like he has met his commitment. Felt the same way about Ty Chandler when he left to give it a shot at UNC.

Last edited:
Could be that Kiffin saw all of those Bama players hitting the portal and decided he needed to free up some room.

I would not put it past him to tamper and get a kid to leave their school only to renege on the offer once the kid hit the portal.

He spent 4 years at UT.

Good luck Tyler!
This...the hate and ridiculousness some of you are spouting is sad. If Baron went to the draft this year hes at worst at worst a day 2 guy. He is a top SDE. Awesome run stopper and can rush the passer. I wish him the best as Louisville, they aren't on our schedule.

Yeah they did have a good run …but they had them at #10 I believe at one time and talking playoffs….the two games I saw…they looked extremely mediocre. Having them even close to the top 10 was picking cotton way over their heads. Brohm still needs a big haul in the portal. I’d imagine Ole Miss will be MUCH stronger than Louisville next year.
Yep, I had not watched Louisville thought maybe a real contender in the making but watched them at home vs UK and it was a disappointing performance in a rivalry game.

Reactions: tennrich1
Did he get his degree here? If a guy contributes for 4 years and gets a degree, it is hard for me to criticize his character for making a move…seems like he has met his commitment. Felt the same way about Ty Chandler when he left to give it a shot at UNC.
Degree or not, people are allowed to make moves they believe are in their best interest. We don't have to like it, but there is no reason to tear them down for it.

What happens to the money that these guys get from UT when they leave UT?

They don't get money from UT, aside from financial aid if they sign up for it (which is a loan they must pay back).

If they have an NIL deal with Spyre or any other UT based collective, they would likely forego future earnings if they can't make their commitments (i.e. in person visits, autograph sessions, etc). There could also be additional clauses that end their contract with Spyre if they sign a collective with another school. But any money already earned is their own.

Or the lack of character by the Ole Miss HC. You have to wonder if Kiffy is playing the catch and release game with his spots and NIL funds.

More likely that Walker and Mac convinced him into coming up there.

Or the lack of character by the Ole Miss HC. You have to wonder if Kiffy is playing the catch and release game with his spots and NIL funds.
GUNTERSVOL, I highly respect you as an established and credible poster, but I do not know anyone who would put character and the Ole Miss head coach in the same sentence. Your assumption is an empirical fact in my opinion.

The amount of vitriol these kids receive for going somewhere else is ridiculous. He is making a decision he thinks is better for his future. How about we wish him well and move on with our lives?

This is the day we are in at college football. If a player recognizes they will not go high in the draft, or not get drafted at all, they go where the money is. Get it while they can.

Reactions: Carp
Did he graduate? Spent a few years at UT. Wonder what his transcripts look like. Something tells me that maybe some of the reason these guys bounce around is to avoid going to actual class. Kind of like the basketball guys and the "one and done."

What happens to the money that these guys get from UT when they leave UT?
They don't get money from UT. They sign endorsement and sponsorship deals. I suppose those may be year long deals or however long the sponsoring company or individual amd the player agree upon. In other words, its his money...he earned it.

He spent 4 years at UT.

Good luck Tyler!
Many fans are struggling to understand the modern college football landscape, especially the NIL piece. He has the right to move one, just like any other student.

VN Store

Back