2024 & Beyond Basketball Recruiting

Yes, you apparently don’t…did you see JJJ play the 4 today, oh, and the 5?! Same for Mashack, played the 3, 4 & 5?!
Mashak is the only 6’3” guard guarding PFs in the country. He isn’t doing it cause that’s his man. He is doing it cause he is getting switched off of. Show me another 6’3” PF in the country in this new era of basketball lol

Our BasketVols looked good again yesterday against Bammer. I’m trying to keep my cup on (I never take it off), but this team is special. Could this be the year our BasketVols kick the door down to a Final Four? Maybe even play for a Natty? A lot of basketball left, but we seem to be firing on all cylinders.

Is it the same era when it was nearly 20 years ago?
I mean, it was a joke. He was put there out of necessity more than anything else.

If I was being serious I'd point to someone like Draymond Green - a guy that's 6'5 playing PF and Center for championship teams. Or Grant Williams having success at 6'6 playing PF. Not much difference in 6'4 and 6'6.

Well he’s listed at 6’4” so…
Well it should be a lot easier to find all of these 6’4” PF’s all over the country. I mean after all it’s not 1970 right? I tell you what. I’ll make it easier for you. Go to 247sports/on3/espn check out all the 2025 PF in the country. Find me 1 that is 6’4”. Come on. I’ll be waiting.

Reactions: vol94
Well it should be a lot easier to find all of these 6’4” PF’s all over the country. I mean after all it’s not 1970 right? I tell you what. I’ll make it easier for you. Go to 247sports/on3/espn check out all the 2025 PF in the country. Find me 1 that is 6’4”. Come on. I’ll be waiting.
JJJ is 6’6” and is ideal for that position in UT’s offense. Awaka and Aidoo don’t need to play together regularly.

I’d expect UT to add 2 guys in the portal…a guard/wing and someone in the JJJ mold (tough to find, I know) to play the 4. A Chris Ledlum type would be nice.

Again, watch some hoops, I’ll make it easier…just watch yesterdays game lol

Again, watch some hoops, I’ll make it easier…just watch yesterdays game lol
I watch plenty. There is a glaring reason you aren’t screen shotting and posting any rosters of the starting 5 of any of the top 25 teams. It would be pretty easy to prove that 6’4” is the new height for PF in college basketball. Everyone is smart enough to know if you could have you would have. Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

I watch plenty. There is a glaring reason you aren’t screen shotting and posting any rosters of the starting 5 of any of the top 25 teams. It would be pretty easy to prove that 6’4” is the new height for PF in college basketball. Everyone is smart enough to know if you could have you would have. Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.
Ok Naismith, you got it. Mashack didn’t play the 4 or 5 yesterday and neither did JJJ 🤡

Right now, obviously subject to change as always, but your returning/incoming looks like…

Zeigler/Boswell
Gainey/Dillione
Carr/
Mashack/Jefferson/Phillips
Aidoo/Awaka/Estrella

Obviously we could start 2 bigs, but that’s how I laid it out…room for 2 additions, but you can typically count on at least 1 departure, so 3 additions probably. Wouldn’t be shocked to see them look developmental 2024 class addition, and then 2 guys in the portal like this year. I think a guard and a small ball forward type would be the priorities, both with plus scoring abilities.
If Aidoo stays then bigs and guards are more or less set for next season. Zeigler, Mashack, and Aidoo all starters. With that defensive lineup agree scoring wings are priority.

Also, here you go…

Now STFU and take a lap

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If Aidoo stays then bigs and guards are more or less set for next season. Zeigler, Mashack, and Aidoo all starters. With that defensive lineup agree scoring wings are priority.

Where would Aidoo go? His numbers should be even better next year, I believe. I've not seen where he's high on draft boards, but maybe I've overlooked some.

Awe. You went to FAU to get your 6’4” PF lol. So now FAU is the new standard in college basketball. Davis is 6’4”. You got me lol.

Did you even look at heights of their (F) players? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for making my point dumb A.
Their starting five is 7-1, 6-4, 6-2, 6-3, 6-0. The guy with the most minutes off the bench is 6-3.

They’re playing 4 guys who are 6-3 or shorter, with a 7-1 man at the 5.

Awe. You went to FAU to get your 6’4” PF lol. So now FAU is the new standard in college basketball. Davis is 6’4”. You got me lol.
But one post ago, FAU “made your point” for you. And just like that, the target moved.

Tennessee’s system doesn’t use a traditional power forward. A JJJ or Mashack type is what we use.

You all are giving me the one example to support your narrative from conference USA. Yup you all heard here first. Conference USA basketball & FAU is now the example to support the narrative that 6’4” guards are the new PF of this new era of college basketball.

But one post ago, FAU “made your point” for you. And just like that, the target moved.

Tennessee’s system doesn’t use a traditional power forward. A JJJ or Mashack type is what we use.
This season yes, last season ON, then Fullerton, then Pons, then Grant

Reactions: joevols89
Everyone will be super excited to hear that Mashack won’t be guarding teams best scorer next year. We are gonna play him at the 4 position. Yeah that’s what the plan is guys. It’s the new era of basketball.

VN Store

Back