Could We already Have OUR GUY?

VOLS1704

With the AD to be with the Basketball team this week at the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas. Could TN already have a deal in the works with a Football Coach.

This morning I heard that the AD would be at the event. A caller on the Swain Event was talking to Swain about it.

Swain, was saying that the AD was asking the 97 team and other former players at this week's game what they wanted in a coach.

IT was brought up, could he already have his GUY.

Swain, said he would start to question THE AD if we did not have a coach by 11/29/2017 due to the TN football awards in Nashville.

With the AD to be with the Basketball team this week at the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas. Could TN already have a deal in the works with a Football Coach.

This morning I heard that the AD would be at the event. A caller on the Swain Event was talking to Swain about it.

Swain, was saying that the AD was asking the 97 team and other former players at this week's game what they wanted in a coach.

Swain, said he would start to question THE AD if we did not have a coach by 11/29/2017 due to the TN football awards in Nashville.

I would suspect its the "perks" of an all expenses paid business trip to the Bahamas more than having our guy...

Reactions: 4 people
While yes, this hire is the #1 priority, it is not the only priority of a guy in charge of a full athletic department. And the Ainge show has said that Currie's family is going down for a week, while Currie himself is going down Thursday for Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 5 people

We could have our coach, but I don't think we can read anything in to whether he attends or not. It started last week, people saying, "He better not go to the Bahamas without a coach on the line!!!", and "He better go to that game! He's the ATHLETIC Director, not the football director!!! He needs to support ALL the teams!". So he's damned if he does, or damned if he doesn't. I think eventually he decided he needed to be there.

That being said, I hope we have a coach signed and in waiting!

Reactions: 3 people
I would suspect its the "perks" of an all expenses paid business trip to the Bahamas more than having our guy...

Normal business situation yes. But, not here. If he doesn't have his guy, as a tax payer, season ticket holder, donor, graduate, kids in school there, etc. etc. etc....he better not be on a vacation during this time!

Never mind, I guess I am being overly critical. I'm too stressed and busy with life and work. Hope this is done soon.

Reactions: 1 person

ItÂ’s been rumored Mullen has been offered a 5 yr deal.

Reactions: 4 people
ThereÂ’s only two logical explanations: Gruden or heÂ’s waiting on a coach still coaching their regular season. Good news is that means we can rule out Stoops, Fulmer, and, unfortunately, Kelly. Bad news, literally everyone else might still be in play

Normal business situation yes. But, not here. If he doesn't have his guy, as a tax payer, season ticket holder, donor, graduate, kids in school there, etc. etc. etc....he better not be on a vacation during this time!

or what will you do? lol

Gruden has been a done deal for years. Dooley and Butch were mere smokescreens. Wait this is the wrong thread.

Seriously though. Currie knows what he is doing. He will make a good hire. Soon UT will start the demise of Nick Saban and Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
Josh and Will actually just said "There are Boosters telling media members that Gruden is a done deal". I thought most at the animal were steadfast on it is ridiculous thinking he would come here.

Josh and Will actually just said "There are Boosters telling media members that Gruden is a done deal". I thought most at the animal were steadfast on it is ridiculous thinking he would come here.

There are boosters and then there are BOOSTERS. The question is which is putting out the info. We all know how things can get interpreted in this kind of search

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back