Could We already Have OUR GUY?

1. He’s not buying a set of used tires off of Craigslist.

2. Multiple million dollar negotiations take time and do NOT require either party to be sitting in their offices 24/7 waiting for the ph to ring. They might even have Cell ph’s and hotel wi-fi just in case.....

3. It is T-Giving week and Currie should not be expected to fail as a father and husband to satisfy expectations of Jethro Nation because they can’t act like adults and comprehend that many things in life require patience.

4. It’s also T-giving for the rest of the country including coaches and their agents. They too might appreciate some time with family OR be preparing to coach a game in a day or two.

5. Currie is responsible for ALL UT sports. You might not give a $hit about BB but he is paid to.

How is any of the above that damn hard to understand? There have been too many similar posts to write this off as an anomaly or maybe Vnation is just a bit special.

This is how much of the business world operates including hiring football coaches. I’d rather get the right guy than the right now guy.
You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned business world. Most of these unreasonable posters only know about business world when they ring up an order at McDonald’s or when they forget to pay mom their share of the room and board. Oh some are students, and take some business courses.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned business world. Most of these unreasonable posters only know about business world when they ring up an order at McDonald’s or when they forget to pay mom their share of the room and board. Oh some are students, and take some business courses.

+1

thank God VN is the 1 percenters. Gruden could actually get the job and a quarter of VN would be pissed. Most of vol country will welcome a handful of coaches. If Currie listens to VN, he'll never hire a coach....Frost, Mullen, Peterson, Kiffin, etc, etc would be great hires but is about who lines up best for us and is willing to move from current position. One caviat to this job, for me, besides winning, is NO THIN SKINNED coach. I'm not remotely for him, but the guy with the best temperament to coach at UT is Kiffin...he's got that "we're gonna kick everyone's tail and I don't care what people think about me" attitude...

Kiffin ain't happening. Sorry

...and some of us run real businesses and know that holidays are nice, but when the job needs doing you get it done regardless of whether there is some holiday coming up or not.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody is questioning that the job gets done. The though being brought up is could the search already be done.

1. He’s not buying a set of used tires off of Craigslist.

2. Multiple million dollar negotiations take time and do NOT require either party to be sitting in their offices 24/7 waiting for the ph to ring. They might even have Cell ph’s and hotel wi-fi just in case.....

3. It is T-Giving week and Currie should not be expected to fail as a father and husband to satisfy expectations of Jethro Nation because they can’t act like adults and comprehend that many things in life require patience.

4. It’s also T-giving for the rest of the country including coaches and their agents. They too might appreciate some time with family OR be preparing to coach a game in a day or two.

5. Currie is responsible for ALL UT sports. You might not give a $hit about BB but he is paid to.

How is any of the above that damn hard to understand? There have been too many similar posts to write this off as an anomaly or maybe Vnation is just a bit special.

This is how much of the business world operates including hiring football coaches. I’d rather get the right guy than the right now guy.

Given that they play multiple NFL games and NBA games on Thanksgiving, it is not the close everything down holiday it was in the past. Even stores are now open for black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving day now.

So, I'd expect an AD with the most important hire of his young career to be 100% until he gets it done IMHO

Whilst you are head of your own conglomerate and deign to post on this plebeian message board. You skipping out on that Forbes expose, Winchester? :)

VN Store

Back