Could We already Have OUR GUY?

They have these pretty cool mini computer/telephone things now. I've seen a few of them here and there, I bet he has one of those thingies and will be able to use it to continue the search from the beach.

With the AD to be with the Basketball team this week at the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas. Could TN already have a deal in the works with a Football Coach.

This morning I heard that the AD would be at the event. A caller on the Swain Event was talking to Swain about it.

Swain, was saying that the AD was asking the 97 team and other former players at this week's game what they wanted in a coach.

IT was brought up, could he already have his GUY.

Swain, said he would start to question THE AD if we did not have a coach by 11/29/2017 due to the TN football awards in Nashville.

Thanks and I've posted this like 5 times today. AD Currie should not be on a trip with the lowly B Ball team when the cash cow Football program has no coach and our competition is also searching for the same guys. He could send the assistant or some other smuck down there. If he is on the trip then our guy is locked or Currie should be left in the Bahamas and Fulmer take over as new AD.

:loco:

Soon!

Cause Currie is going to conduct business on Thanksgiving Day. That's a good way to lose a potential hire. I love the conspiracy theories on here. Currie is going to the Bahamas because that's what he should do. The announcement for the new coach will be the Monday or Tuesday after the Vandy game. Like it always is. Doing a good job confusing the media and thus the fans. I like this guy so far.

Reactions: 2 people
Soon...
p1_fulmer2_si.jpg

Just some final touches on the buyout.

Gruden is done deal. Jet has already been delivered from brass boosters sign on bonus. The new house has already been bought. He recently joined a country club. It’s done. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
While yes, this hire is the #1 priority, it is not the only priority of a guy in charge of a full athletic department. And the Ainge show has said that Currie's family is going down for a week, while Currie himself is going down Thursday for Thanksgiving.

during the butch firing press conference he specifically stated it was his sole priority to find the head coach at this time

Kelly going to UCLA, Frost probably Nebraska, so that leaves Mullen or someone else.

How about John Harbaugh or even James Franklin? Harbuagh would be like getting Gruden only with more recent coaching experience. Franklin is not too well like in State College. Go big or go home Currie...

I took this post to the Bank of Tennessee on Mountcastle Drive in Johnson City.

I got the weirdest looks. :blink:

Man I hate that for you! Lol. Seriously, the guy I am referring to is 72 years old and a great friend of Fulmer. He knew about Butch Jones hiring before it was ever announced so I trust him. That doesn't mean he could be wrong but I would believe him over anyone else.

While yes, this hire is the #1 priority, it is not the only priority of a guy in charge of a full athletic department. And the Ainge show has said that Currie's family is going down for a week, while Currie himself is going down Thursday for Thanksgiving.

Currie will be there Tuesday and returning Thursday. The tournament is 3 days--Wed thru Fri.

Thanks and I've posted this like 5 times today. AD Currie should not be on a trip with the lowly B Ball team when the cash cow Football program has no coach and our competition is also searching for the same guys. He could send the assistant or some other smuck down there. If he is on the trip then our guy is locked or Currie should be left in the Bahamas and Fulmer take over as new AD.

:loco

Soon!

1. He’s not buying a set of used tires off of Craigslist.

2. Multiple million dollar negotiations take time and do NOT require either party to be sitting in their offices 24/7 waiting for the ph to ring. They might even have Cell ph’s and hotel wi-fi just in case.....

3. It is T-Giving week and Currie should not be expected to fail as a father and husband to satisfy expectations of Jethro Nation because they can’t act like adults and comprehend that many things in life require patience.

4. It’s also T-giving for the rest of the country including coaches and their agents. They too might appreciate some time with family OR be preparing to coach a game in a day or two.

5. Currie is responsible for ALL UT sports. You might not give a $hit about BB but he is paid to.

How is any of the above that damn hard to understand? There have been too many similar posts to write this off as an anomaly or maybe Vnation is just a bit special.

This is how much of the business world operates including hiring football coaches. I’d rather get the right guy than the right now guy.

Reactions: 3 people
Dont believe it. Since this search started, people have been saying a booster said this and a person connected said that. Its all BS. Nobody has a clue who Currie will hire. I hope its Patterson. I have lost almost all faith in Gruden coming. So give me Patterson. If not him, then reach out to Dantonio, Miles or Frost.

Minus Miles off I’ll take any of those..

If our AD is out ****ing around in the bahamas instead of getting us the right coach. I will go ahead and put myself on record that I have no faith whatsoever that this will end well for us.

If our AD is out ****ing around in the bahamas instead of getting us the right coach. I will go ahead and put myself on record that I have no faith whatsoever that this will end well for us.

You’re thinking about Thailand.

There’s only two logical explanations: Gruden or he’s waiting on a coach still coaching their regular season. Good news is that means we can rule out Stoops, Fulmer, and, unfortunately, Kelly. Bad news, literally everyone else might still be in play

Fulmer wasn't or "ISN'T in play."

1. He’s not buying a set of used tires off of Craigslist.

2. Multiple million dollar negotiations take time and do NOT require either party to be sitting in their offices 24/7 waiting for the ph to ring. They might even have Cell ph’s and hotel wi-fi just in case.....

3. It is T-Giving week and Currie should not be expected to fail as a father and husband to satisfy expectations of Jethro Nation because they can’t act like adults and comprehend that many things in life require patience.

4. It’s also T-giving for the rest of the country including coaches and their agents. They too might appreciate some time with family OR be preparing to coach a game in a day or two.

5. Currie is responsible for ALL UT sports. You might not give a $hit about BB but he is paid to.

How is any of the above that damn hard to understand? There have been too many similar posts to write this off as an anomaly or maybe Vnation is just a bit special.

This is how much of the business world operates including hiring football coaches. I’d rather get the right guy than the right now guy.

How hard is it for you to understand that there are millions of people in this country who work the holidays for $10/hour or less?

There are troops over seas risking their lives during the holidays every year for less than $30k a year for something infinitely more important that a football job / team.

Further, there is a reason (multiple reasons actually) that Currie, agents and coaches make millions of dollars a year. They are paid to perform - especially when it counts. Right now is when it will count more that ever for both Currie and the Vols. There will be other holidays but now is the time for Currie to get it done or admit that he's in over his head as well.

VN Store

Back