Could We already Have OUR GUY?

Take it for what's it worth. I only post on job situations when I think they are viable. Over the weekend I was told by a UT alumni and money giver that the Dish Network billionaire told Haslam that he would have NO say in the coaching hire. Pretty intense word fight occurred and Dish guy won. Gruden is not an option. It is coming down to two current coaches that have lots of interest in the job. Dan Mullen or Gary Patterson will be the next Vol coach. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

It better be Patterson then....

Scenario...IF it is a current head coach, AND an agreement in principle is in place THEN yes, he is still coaching, and YES he is a current HC. If the next coach is a COORDINATOR (such as Schiano), then an announcement before the END of the season would not be out of the question. But that's just a scenario.

If it's not Gruden, I want Patterson.

Otherwise the UTAD risks a Big Poppa boycott and loss of revenue in the tens of dollars!

Reactions: 1 person
It better be Patterson then....

Dont believe it. Since this search started, people have been saying a booster said this and a person connected said that. Its all BS. Nobody has a clue who Currie will hire. I hope its Patterson. I have lost almost all faith in Gruden coming. So give me Patterson. If not him, then reach out to Dantonio, Miles or Frost.

To me, the timing of the Butch Jones firing seems highly suspect. Why not fire him at the end of the season? You've stuck with him this long.

This tells me that he must have a coach(es) lined up as a potential replacement.

Reactions: 2 people
To me, the timing of the Butch Jones firing seems highly suspect. Why not fire him at the end of the season? You've stuck with him this long.

This tells me that he must have a coach(es) lined up as a potential replacement.

I think Currie's hand was forced into firing Butch. In reality, Butch should have been fired after the Georgia loss. Since he wasnt, that tokd me that he wanted to keep Butch until the end. But you cannot keep a coach who gets embarrassed like we did against Mizzou. Butch had lost the team. At that point, a change had to be made. And the LSU game proved that. The team looked better than it has in months. Yes we lost, but LSU is a much more talented team. And the argument could be made that we could have won if not for a couple special teams mistakes.

I hope Currie has his guy and I hope he announces him soon.

I don't think so. I believe he just caved so the stupidity and negativity would stop.

I think Currie's hand was forced into firing Butch. In reality, Butch should have been fired after the Georgia loss. Since he wasnt, that tokd me that he wanted to keep Butch until the end. But you cannot keep a coach who gets embarrassed like we did against Mizzou. Butch had lost the team. At that point, a change had to be made. And the LSU game proved that. The team looked better than it has in months. Yes we lost, but LSU is a much more talented team. And the argument could be made that we could have won if not for a couple special teams mistakes.

I hope Currie has his guy and I hope he announces him soon.

The offense looked worst than it had all season against LSU. And special teams were horrendous. Defense played like it had all season - started good but then got worn down because of too many 3 and outs.

I really don't get where everyone thinks this team looked better against LSU.

Take it for what's it worth. I only post on job situations when I think they are viable. Over the weekend I was told by a UT alumni and money giver that the Dish Network billionaire told Haslam that he would have NO say in the coaching hire. Pretty intense word fight occurred and Dish guy won. Gruden is not an option. It is coming down to two current coaches that have lots of interest in the job. Dan Mullen or Gary Patterson will be the next Vol coach. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

Name your bet on Patterson being named UT coach. You name the bet and I’ll take it.

What if Chip Kelly was our coach and we hired him at the end of season lol. I know it wouldn’t happen but just imagining the melt down from gator fans is worth the dream.

It’s been rumored Mullen has been offered a 5 yr deal.

Mullen would have been my 3rd choice. I'm not sure he could coach UT back into the National picture. Kelly and Frost would be better picks. It's on Currier. If it goes south it's on him and it won't be pretty....

There’s only two logical explanations: Gruden or he’s waiting on a coach still coaching their regular season. Good news is that means we can rule out Stoops, Fulmer, and, unfortunately, Kelly. Bad news, literally everyone else might still be in play
No bad news is Florida will own us for another ten years with Kelly as we hire all of the up and comer coaches that are the next Urban Meyer blah blah blah....then y’all be pissed why didn’t we get Kelly when he’s thrashing us each year.

I took this post to the Bank of Tennessee on Mountcastle Drive in Johnson City.

I got the weirdest looks. :blink:

The firing was tried to be put off till the end of the season but after the MO beat down even the AD couldn’t take anymore

No bad news is Florida will own us for another ten years with Kelly as we hire all of the up and comer coaches that are the next Urban Meyer blah blah blah....then y’all be pissed why didn’t we get Kelly when he’s thrashing us each year.

If they are getting Kelley they are taking there time about just like if we are getting Gruden, neither are coaching another team so no reason to wait

thank God VN is the 1 percenters. Gruden could actually get the job and a quarter of VN would be pissed. Most of vol country will welcome a handful of coaches. If Currie listens to VN, he'll never hire a coach....Frost, Mullen, Peterson, Kiffin, etc, etc would be great hires but is about who lines up best for us and is willing to move from current position. One caviat to this job, for me, besides winning, is NO THIN SKINNED coach. I'm not remotely for him, but the guy with the best temperament to coach at UT is Kiffin...he's got that "we're gonna kick everyone's tail and I don't care what people think about me" attitude...

VN Store

Back