AJ Johnson Situation Updates(News and Links only - No Discussion)

My brother goes to UT and has some friends on the team. Coming from him, according to the team, it was consensual. After the fact, AJ did something to make her angry and she called rape. allegedly there are text message conversations proving this. Lastly, it's also stated by some players that this girl has done this before. Totally hearsay but I found it interesting.

Reactions: 29 people
Just talked with a coworker who had some ties with people at the party. According to her, the alleged victim was leading/inviting AJ into the room.

Obviously, this can’t be confirmed, but it seems to corroborate the other info from people in/around the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
My brother goes to UT and has some friends on the team. Coming from him, according to the team, it was consensual. After the fact, AJ did something to make her angry and she called rape. allegedly there are text message conversations proving this. Lastly, it's also stated by some players that this girl has done this before. Totally hearsay but I found it interesting.

If he is exonerated and determined to be a false report..thought this would be a good spot to post this:

Tennessee False reports
(TENN. CODE ANN. § 39-16-502)
No less than 2 years,
nor more than 15 year’s imprisonment;
No less than $5,000, nor more than $10,000 fine

Limitations on Charges for the Act Itself

A court may see a verbal statement to the police as simply a spoken statement, regardless of the inclusion of that statement in the written report, and so the court may charge that suspect with slander, the crime of making a false and harmful statement verbally. However, a court make also assume a person willing to sign a false report to have written it in at least some sense, and so the court may charge the suspect with libel, the crime of making such a false and harmful statement in writing. In Tennessee, the statute of limitation of limitations on slander is six months and the statute of limitations of libel is a year.

LImitations on Charges for Possible Harm to Others

The plaintiff in a case against someone for having made a false report to the police may charge the accused for personal losses such as lost past and future wages or emotional suffering. In such a case, the plaintiff would have to file his case within a year of the crime itself, though given a plaintiff's inability to make a case without police discovery of the crime, a lawyer may be able to extend that limit to a year from discovery of the officer's crime. Lastly, the plaintiff may charge a defendant guilty of making a false report to the police with fraud, and Tennessee does not have a statute of limitations on that crime.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Recruiting forum post has that Drae Bowles locker has been cleaned out and name taken off as part of the events surrounding this indcident.

Reactions: 10 people
Sorry I know this is a non-discussion thread, but I have to ask who is Colby Panter?
Hey I'm Colby panter. I put that on twitter for my friends, never meant for it to reach this. However, I know the girl from class, and she lives next to AJ in there apartment. So that is from her I know none of what that said to be 100 percent fact. Rumor as everything else

Reactions: 3 people
Hey I'm Colby panter. I put that on twitter for my friends, never meant for it to reach this. However, I know the girl from class, and she lives next to AJ in there apartment. So that is from her I know none of what that said to be 100 percent fact. Rumor as everything else

Well the jig is up Colby. Youve been foiled.

Jk welcome to the board guy.

Reactions: 3 people
Recruiting forum post has that Drae Bowles locker has been cleaned out and name taken off as part of the events surrounding this indcident.

As in he took part in the alleged assault or he was the one with the beef against AJ?

Well the jig is up Colby. Youve been foiled.

Jk welcome to the board guy.
Haha thanks! I seen my tweets going everywhere, and them someone from the Tennesseean messaged me asking me for info. I was like my goodness guys I know just as much as y'all lol

Reactions: 2 people

Let's let this play out before we start eating our own. These rumors may be true but I take everything on this board with a gain of salt. I don't know that I believe any of that rumor to be honest.

I realize all this stuff is rumors but this one if true would be the hardest to believe of all....Drae is known to be a high, high, character kid....

Reactions: 1 person
I realize all this stuff is rumors but this one if true would be the hardest to believe of all....Drae is known to be a high, high, character kid....

They are not saying he had anything to do with it but saying he is the one who convinced the girl to call the police.

They are not saying he had anything to do with it but saying he is the one who convinced the girl to call the police.

Yeah I understand but I guess just the fact that he's cleaning out his locker was mostly what I was referring too...That would be a sad way for Drae to exit IMO....

Yes, but it corroborates with this part of the story. They aren't saying that he was involved in the actual incident, but that he reported it, or influenced her to report it:
Rumor going around that a teamate picked up the victim after the incident took place. The victim then called the police after speaking with the teamate. This particular teamate apparently has feelings for the victim and wasn't happy to find out about what took place. CBJ apparently had to stop an altercation from taking place between this teamate and other members of the team. This particular teamate hasn't been at practice yesterday or today. Again all this is a rumor that was posted in the recruiting forum. Just passing along what was posted there. Also wanted to add that apparently the majority of the football team is siding with AJJ and there is not a divide on the team, they feel that AJJ was done dirty and he may come off looking like a jerk in the end, but they don't believe he raped anyone. Also apparently AJJ has texts from the victim from earlier saying she wanted to have sex with him. Lastly the teamate who hasn't been at practice and may have started a lot of this is rumored to not be coming back to the program when it's all said and done. This person was put in an awkward situation hearing about the victim being with two guys and was trying to do the right thing because when he heard the accusations from the victim he believed them to be true. This particular person has been considered very high character off the field and wouldn't have told the victim to go through with this if he didn't feel it was true at the time. Again, I'm no insider just going by what was posted.

Drae is supposedly the player at odds with his teammates because he encouraged the female to file the report, believing she had been raped. All of this is rumor, but if true, it supports the idea he's a high character young man. He honestly believed something bad had taken place and tried to do the right thing. Now, supposedly, things are coming to light that put into question what the female told him. Again, all of this is rumor at this point, but in no way is Drae suspected of participating in the incident.

Drae couldn't approach AJ like a man? I mean he's known AJ 3yrs. Seems like before you would Encourage someone to holler rape you could at least have a convo with that man. Pretty serious thing to accuse somebody of after just hearing one side of it.

Come on. First, we don't know that this is what happened. In fact, we only have very loosely grounded speculation at this point. So condemning Drae is silly. Second, if it is true that it was his GF and that he helped her call 911, we don't know that the part of the story about AJ is true. Third, *even if* all of it is true, it is still 100% justifiable for him to immediately go to the police after she was just part of a violent crime, even if she names two of your friends. You don't make her sit, traumatized in the car, while you go have a face to face with your friend. Her health and well-being come first.

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back