Any news or rumors about the staff?

I wouldn't be so hard on them. After half a season, the KC swooners might start supporting the program.
Have no clue who they are....There are many fans of the program who are in favor of getting back to where it needs to be. Then there are fans of the coach who would rather keep the coach who was 12-37. You?

Reactions: mcannon1
Have no clue who they are....There are many fans of the program who are in favor of getting back to where it needs to be. Then there are fans of the coach who would rather keep the coach who was 12-37. You?

Trying to make sense of that.

Which fans are not "in favor of getting the program back to where it needs to be?" Haven't met any of them or seen them here.

I'm sure there are fans who wanted to keep CKH, fans who thought she was fired prematurely, fans who thought a change was needed but wanted a proven P-5 coach, fans who like the new coach but are skeptical about the new system, fans who like the new coach and are cautiously optimistic, etc. and fans who proclaim that we'll be winning multiple titles right away (or whatever "where we ought to be" entails).

I also haven't met anyone who is happy with the "12-37" record so often quoted, although those citing that statistic conveniently leave out the overall record, could conference finishes, Tournament finishes, or the fact that the "ranked opponent" record would be much better if CKH had put together easier schedules.

The head coach gets the blame for the losses as well as the wins, and the ranked record should have been a whole lot better than it was. But I thought fans like "swinging for the fences" and scheduling tough rather than just padding records like some programs did during the same time. Playing the eventual national champions 2-3 times per year doesn't help, either. That's not making excuses; that's just facts.

I don't get this either-or thing where fans have to be hyperbolic about how we're going to be in the Final Four next season or the opposite extreme where we're going to be in the bottom half of the SEC and miss the NCAA s. Seems like a middle ground is more realistic.

You?

Trying to make sense of that.

Which fans are not "in favor of getting the program back to where it needs to be?" Haven't met any of them or seen them here.

I'm sure there are fans who wanted to keep CKH, fans who thought she was fired prematurely, fans who thought a change was needed but wanted a proven P-5 coach, fans who like the new coach but are skeptical about the new system, fans who like the new coach and are cautiously optimistic, etc. and fans who proclaim that we'll be winning multiple titles right away (or whatever "where we ought to be" entails).

I also haven't met anyone who is happy with the "12-37" record so often quoted, although those citing that statistic conveniently leave out the overall record, could conference finishes, Tournament finishes, or the fact that the "ranked opponent" record would be much better if CKH had put together easier schedules.

The head coach gets the blame for the losses as well as the wins, and the ranked record should have been a whole lot better than it was. But I thought fans like "swinging for the fences" and scheduling tough rather than just padding records like some programs did during the same time. Playing the eventual national champions 2-3 times per year doesn't help, either. That's not making excuses; that's just facts.

I don't get this either-or thing where fans have to be hyperbolic about how we're going to be in the Final Four next season or the opposite extreme where we're going to be in the bottom half of the SEC and miss the NCAA s. Seems like a middle ground is more realistic.

You?

Myself like other supporters of the program don't need a legacy...don't need a LVFL..need someone that isn't all buddy buddy to the players...has discipline that the last 2 coaches didn't have their whole time here...The same mistakes made in year 5 was the same mistakes that were made in year 1 and it will not be hard for Caldwell to out recruit Kellie....And we sure don't need a 12-37 coach at the University of Tennessee.

It's been fun watching all the belly aching and moaning of the coach lovers over this however. Folks tried to tell people that Kellie would not be back after the season...Anyone with any sports and sports business knowledge knew she was done.

Reactions: Strangiato
Myself like other supporters of the program don't need a legacy...don't need a LVFL..need someone that isn't all buddy buddy to the players...has discipline that the last 2 coaches didn't have their whole time here...The same mistakes made in year 5 was the same mistakes that were made in year 1 and it will not be hard for Caldwell to out recruit Kellie....And we sure don't need a 12-37 coach at the University of Tennessee.

It's been fun watching all the belly aching and moaning of the coach lovers over this however. Folks tried to tell people that Kellie would not be back after the season...Anyone with any sports and sports business knowledge knew she was done.
You do know that every time 12-37 is mentioned someone is going to start tracking Caldwell's record against ranked teams. I hope DW is not replicating the schedule from last year. We need an LSU schedule to build confidence before SEC play. DW is going to make sure we have a winner to put butts in the seats. Also, be kind to Kellie. Afterall she is Lady Vol royalty with 3 National Championship rings. She deserves respect.

You do know that every time 12-37 is mentioned someone is going to start tracking Caldwell's record against ranked teams. I hope DW is not replicating the schedule from last year. We need an LSU schedule to build confidence before SEC play. DW is going to make sure we have a winner to put butts in the seats. Also, be kind to Kellie. Afterall she is Lady Vol royalty with 3 National Championship rings. She deserves respect.
At 1.1 million per she takes the heat...and in her case gets fired for not living up to the LV standard. And if Caldwell gets to 12-37 she needs to go too.

It's nothing about Kellie the person....She wasn't getting 1.1 million per year because she was nice....or she played for Summitt....or she was a LVFL. She was paid to have the program to one of the best in the country and not be out of the top 25 nor 12-37.

Reactions: butchna
At 1.1 million per she takes the heat...and in her case gets fired for not living up to the LV standard. And if Caldwell gets to 12-37 she needs to go too.

It's nothing about Kellie the person....She wasn't getting 1.1 million per year because she was nice....or she played for Summitt....or she was a LVFL. She was paid to have the program to one of the best in the country and not be out of the top 25 nor 12-37.
But she is no longer here so maybe it's time to let it go and concentrate on the new coach and her program.

There will be miserables hating on Kellie well into the next decade. Eventually the Fulmer haters will pass into history…
All we ask is for Kellie to have 12-37 tattooed on her forehead. Is that not reasonable? (Oh and the public stoning…..)
PS, Kellie weighs as much as a duck, if you know what I mean…,

All we ask is for Kellie to have 12-37 tattooed on her forehead. Is that not reasonable? (Oh and the public stoning…..)
PS, Kellie weighs as much as a duck, if you know what I mean…,
Face tats are trendy with the kids. Too late for the lower back movement

VN Store

Back