Blair disappointment leads to?

Xanax is your friend. Also I wouldn't care to prove you are wrong if you didn't just go off on me for stating my opinion. And I will still be here to my friend, go vols.

after my last few weeks would love to have Xanax but I dont do drugs. you calling out any kid on this team no matter who it is deserves to be ragged on. your in k-ville so that makes u right?

after my last few weeks would love to have Xanax but I dont do drugs. you calling out any kid on this team no matter who it is deserves to be ragged on. your in k-ville so that makes u right?

Dude, I'm out of this convo. "I'm in knoxville so that makes me right"? WTF are you talking about? I said I wish Blair the best, but he's not an SEC football player. Are you his dad or something? I'm not responding to this anymore, it's pointless. You haven't made a significant point yet.

Reactions: 3 people
Xanax is your friend. Also I wouldn't care to prove you are wrong if you didn't just go off on me for stating my opinion. And I will still be here as well my friend, go vols.

you sir show us the unexpected virtue of ignorance

Reactions: 1 person
Gosh, I hope Blair comes on this Spring/Summer and becomes the player that we've hoped for. Not having him there gives us no real quality options at LT imo. A true or RS freshmen LT is not what I mean by "quality". When we face UF and OU in the first few games of 15', we don't need a weak link for their Ds to devour us. I don't care if the kid ends up All-SEC as a junior. We need someone at LT to be SEC quality ready on day 1.

Thankfully, we are not quite as dependent on pocket passing as we have been with our previous 2 QBs. That mitigates the situation a little.

Most of all, we need to understand that we have very little to go on after practice 1. Unfortunately it will require "time to tell" what come of this.

** Also, could you guys take your childish arguments over to the OT forum or something? You have hijacked an interesting thread with your spewing of insults and garbage. Thanks. **

- This is where forums need a "Exit Ramp" to somehow let the immature take their fistfight out back while the adults can stay on topic and actually appreciate the topic at hand. </endrant>

Reactions: 5 people
Lol that's why they redshirted him right? Because he's so horrible they wanted to keep him around another year.

****ing retard.

At this point, the fact that they redshirted him last year is my main hope. Hopefully, this was only a motivational move by the staff. If he is legit scout team, behind guys that should technically still be in HS, then I agree with the other guy that he won't take any meaningful snaps while at UT.

At this point, the fact that they redshirted him last year is my main hope. Hopefully, this was only a motivational move by the staff. If he is legit scout team, behind guys that should technically still be in HS, then I agree with the other guy that he won't take any meaningful snaps while at UT.
the fact they redshirted him tells me they felt he needed to develop and they figured it was the best thing. none of us including the coaches know how good he will or won't be in a game till he plays in a game. he could be one of those guys that practices terribly and the light comes on come gametime.

No one knows and until at least the orange and white game i think the jury has to stay out. oline is a position that takes a lot of time to develop just because he played in JC means nothing really because the system might have been totally different and with different guys. That being said, he has the physical tools to be at worst a solid backup.

the fact they redshirted him tells me they felt he needed to develop and they figured it was the best thing. none of us including the coaches know how good he will or won't be in a game till he plays in a game. he could be one of those guys that practices terribly and the light comes on come gametime.

No one knows and until at least the orange and white game i think the jury has to stay out. oline is a position that takes a lot of time to develop just because he played in JC means nothing really because the system might have been totally different and with different guys. That being said, he has the physical tools to be at worst a solid backup.

I think you miss counter argument. The idea of the redshirt being a good sign is that if he is a legit scout team material (behind a HS senior, given JUCO and year in the program), then it would have been better for the program to save the redshirt and "process" him out (he would only have another year of eligibility). Basically, he would free up a scholarship after this year for either a JUCO or HS OT than can actually help team.

With that being said, it is really difficult to imagine Blair being behind essentially a HS senior. The reports and player interviews coming out during the end of the season practices and on into the bowl practices sounded fairly positive about his improvement.

I think you miss counter argument. The idea of the redshirt being a good sign is that if he is a legit scout team material (behind a HS senior, given JUCO and year in the program), then it would have been better for the program to save the redshirt and "process" him out (he would only have another year of eligibility). Basically, he would free up a scholarship after this year for either a JUCO or HS OT than can actually help team.

With that being said, it is really difficult to imagine Blair being behind essentially a HS senior. The reports and player interviews coming out during the end of the season practices and on into the bowl practices sounded fairly positive about his improvement.

+1

Gosh, I hope Blair comes on this Spring/Summer and becomes the player that we've hoped for. Not having him there gives us no real quality options at LT imo. A true or RS freshmen LT is not what I mean by "quality". When we face UF and OU in the first few games of 15', we don't need a weak link for their Ds to devour us. I don't care if the kid ends up All-SEC as a junior. We need someone at LT to be SEC quality ready on day 1.

Thankfully, we are not quite as dependent on pocket passing as we have been with our previous 2 QBs. That mitigates the situation a little.

Most of all, we need to understand that we have very little to go on after practice 1. Unfortunately it will require "time to tell" what come of this.

** Also, could you guys take your childish arguments over to the OT forum or something? You have hijacked an interesting thread with your spewing of insults and garbage. Thanks. **

- This is where forums need a "Exit Ramp" to somehow let the immature take their fistfight out back while the adults can stay on topic and actually appreciate the topic at hand. </endrant>

no, this is the place that every one comes to call out these kids on the team. this is the place that all people who are better coaches can tell us how its done..

you should know this by now

there is no counter argument.. no one has seen him play a game yet. but one thing we do know is butch does tend to try to RS guys that he thinks the team will benefit from it more the next year. Exhibit A Dobbs he tried redshirting him 2 years in a row. The team has not practiced in pads yet. Even so, people are already going off rumors from their cousin that sits next to their cousin that cuts CBJ's uncles yard.

Most of the guys running with first string won't be in the 2 deep come orange and white much less the season. Every year we go through this same silly cycle. The depth chart right now is more about who is healthy and getting looks at people. I guarantee you right now if we did a chart of who ran with first string this past practice, then compared it to opening day, less than half the guys would be in the 2 deep that are now.

:birgits_giggle:

I dont know....how many stars are in the sky?

What difference does it make? We recruited Blair to play, not every other juco lineman in the country. Geez

Since you want to be a smart @$$. It tells you that O-line is a developmental position. With that said, the top 6 JUCO offensive lineman redshirted last year. Are they all busts? I repeat, the top 6 JUCO offensive linemen redshirted last year. So are all these linemen busts too?

Avery Gennesy
Dominick Jackson
Chad Mavety
Jermaine Eluemunor
Jordan Prestwood
Dontavious Blair

It helps to know the context of what you are talking about. CBJ has told y'all ass hats that OL is a developmental position, but yet threads like this are made after one day of walk throughs.

Reactions: 5 people
Since you want to be a smart @$$. It tells you that O-line is a developmental position. With that said, the top 6 JUCO offensive lineman redshirted last year. Are they all busts? I repeat, the top 6 JUCO offensive linemen redshirted last year. So are all these linemen busts too?

Avery Gennesy
Dominick Jackson
Chad Mavety
Jermaine Eluemunor
Jordan Prestwood
Dontavious Blair

It helps to know the context of what you are talking about. CBJ has told y'all ass hats that OL is a developmental position, but yet threads like this are made after one day of walk throughs.

Wow, I can see this is really bothering you. Just relax, it will all be ok either way. Again, I dont care about what other juco's did. Im just guessing Blair wont start. Im also guessing not many of those other juco's started spring practice on the scout team after they red shirted. I have a 50/50 chance of being right and so do you. A simple "I disagree" would've sufficed if you have a different opinion. Now, take 2 chill pills and call me in the morning.

Last edited:
book mark what you want, if i told you so is all your after then it means your nothing but an troll. you can point to anything ..look how the coaches last yer kept telling us as fans how dobbs was not ready,,he came in and our team(repeat our team) started to jell. so book mark anything you want. call me out. Ill still be here.

why not....jail ?

Sorry, couldnt resist. Just pokin fun.

book mark what you want, if i told you so is all your after then it means your nothing but an troll. you can point to anything ..look how the coaches last yer kept telling us as fans how dobbs was not ready,,he came in and our team(repeat our team) started to jell. so book mark anything you want. call me out. Ill still be here.

why not....jail ?

Sorry, couldnt resist. Just pokin fun.

The word is gel. I blame Jell-O Puddin' Pops (TM), they have ruined an entire jenneration of American spellers and spellcheckers. Oh, the horror.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wow, I can see this is really bothering you. Just relax, it will all be ok either way. Again, I dont care about what other juco's did. Im just guessing Blair wont start. Im also guessing not many of those other juco's started spring practice on the scout team after they red shirted. I have a 50/50 chance of being right and so do you. A simple "I disagree" would've sufficed if you have a different opinion. Now, take 2 chill pills and call me in the morning.

So instead of saying "Well i see your point", you halfheartedly agree but then tell me to chill. Not because I am overreacting, but because you are wrong.

:eek:k:

Reactions: 2 people
Whats the problem coming out of JC he was supposed to come in and be our starting Tackle for 2 years, what happen?

Seems to me is a motivation issue in wanting to put forth the effort required to be good. Happens every year with X number of players. Just don't want to put forth the effort needed for SEC play

Reactions: 3 people
Seems to me is a motivation issue in wanting to put forth the effort required to be good. Happens every year with X number of players. Just don't want to put forth the effort needed for SEC play

So everyone that redshirts is lazy and unmotivated? How about those, like you and me, that don't even get a football scholarship. What category are we in?

The Blair project is ongoing and time will tell whether Blair has what it takes in the rugged SEC....stay tuned, but don't hold your breath.

VN Store

Back