Brant Mitchell "spurns" Vols

:eek:lol: Butch is reaping metro Atlanta and the surrounding areas for some of their best talent....so now their schools are having to come and take what would have been a key Dooley type recruit from our town :eek:lol:

Either way best of luck to this kid. Very happy for him and his pursuit of a solid education.

Just for fun, here is a picture of Georgia Tech's spring game...

BlwpfV2CIAAC-fN.jpg

Official Attendance: 117

Reactions: 5 people
Actually it is awesome. I would know as a graduate. He made the choice he thought was best. As well there are no projects next to it....they've been gone since before the Olympics. The area has been significantly upgraded with the development of The Atlantic Station (shops, homes, condos, etc) and new dormitories. The campus has also spread across the highway into the midtown area.

Knoxville has nature and environment (appreciated that more at 30 with a family). GT has a faster past, many opportunities to make national, if not global contacts.....definitely plenty of beautiful women....And guys that actually visit know it.

Athletically.....Tennessee is obviously the better Football school and has better Facilities. However, for a technical education with national and global respect......there is no comparison (IMO) between the two...Tech is the way to go. Opportunities afforded me by degree from Tech made the 3 hour trip down I-75 a very good decision.

Oh yeahÂ….there is plenty of exhaust on I-40Â…Â…off of I-40 alsoÂ…from those local cars that couldnÂ’t come close to passing an emissions inspections.

I havenÂ’t seen anyone question the outstanding education and lifelong professional contacts that coincide with possessing a degree from GT.

ItÂ’s the location, surroundings and shady activities that surround the campus area. Again, to each their own. If you are into theft, rape, grand larceny, human trafficking, criminal trespassing, carjacking, terrorist threats, armed robbery and murder itÂ’s a great place to live. ( these are all actual occurrences in the past 28 days in a 3 mile radius of GA Tech campus.)

Good for him. Get on the field and break some Bulldog ribs.

No reason for ill will (or talk of how he 'spurned' UT).

Reactions: 1 person
Could be that the young man thought that he was not good enough to be a starter at an SEC school. Granted his chances are much better in that lower level conference.
I wish him luck and hope that he doesn't come to regret his decision.

Maybe the kid just simply felt that GT was a better fit for him; athletically and academically. Even if he makes it to the NFL, he (as all should) better have a plan for after football. It sounds as if he does. Good for you, Brant!

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately this is one of the negatives to the style of recruiting our staff does. They throw out a lot of meaningless offers and this is what happens. Hopefully in the future they try to be more careful especially with the local kids. They have to know that if an offer is extended to a local kid the chances of him trying/wanting to commit is very high. Better to do as they did with Bruce and not offer till they know they would accept. Same with Cottrell, no offer as they knew he would probably jump at it. Brant was offered well before TKJr ever signed with UT, so maybe the UT coaches have already started to change the way they recruit local kids and IMO would be for the better.

JMO

I agree about handling the local kids differently, but meaningless early offers are just part of recruiting. The NCAA won't allow them to be meaningful, so they aren't. I wouldn't mind seeing the rules around that changed myself, but I don't want our staff to stop unless everyone else does. On the recruits' side of things, accepting an offer is not binding until the player signs, meaning recruits are free to say, "I'm your guy, coach!" right up to the time that they're lowering their pen to sign with someone else. I don't know how you can make offers binding without making accepting those offers binding, which is a whole other can of worms.

Yep, schools need another category. Prospective recruit. I don't see anything wrong with a school saying, we'd like to court and see if its a good fit for an offer.

You would not say that if you knew this young man! It is really surprising that anyone would want to come to Tennessee after reading some of the stuff on here!!

Ron they are being sarcastic. It's back from the jab Lane made to a recruit once. Everyone is happy for the young man and wishes him the best of luck.

VN Store

Back