Brant Mitchell "spurns" Vols

He's a good kid. Hope he does well at GT. The writer is who the bad comments should be directed at.

I agree. People round here need to realize that our recruiting has gone so through the roof that any team who picks up an in-state kid or someone we had our sights on is gonna say "Blah U" either stole one from us or X prospect "spurned us." That's just good press for their program - it's nothing personal. Just writers and programs hyping things for their own fans.

Given what we've been through - enjoy this kinda thing. It means we've put CFB on notice when it comes to recruiting.

If he is smart enough to go to Tech more power to him and congrats. I will give it to you on the academics front but the women at Tech? There are hot girls everywhere but for every one hot girl at Tech there are 10 at UT sorry. I'm from Atlanta and have been to parties and tailgates at Tech... not the most talent-rich environment.

You would not say that if you knew this young man! It is really surprising that anyone would want to come to Tennessee after reading some of the stuff on here!!

If you are only coming onto VN on rare occasions I can see how things would look terribly rude to you. In fact most of the stuff said on here is in jest and has an origin from previous posts on here or from statements made from someone in the football world.

This is from a statement in the football world. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
seems like a few are coming on here looking for a fight. no one is wishing ill will to these kids. its the other way around.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow! You are taking this stuff seriously? LOL!
Shut Up
Settle down. The guy was just making a joke. Some of you really need to lighten up.
Shut Up
If you are only coming onto VN on rare occasions I can see how things would look terribly rude to you. In fact most of the stuff said on here is in jest and has an origin from previous posts on here or from statements made from someone in the football world.

This is from a statement in the football world. :hi:
Shut Up
seems like a few are coming on here looking for a fight. no one is wishing ill will to these kids. its the other way around.
Shut Up
Idk why it's so hard to understand...

Shut Up

INTERNET FIGHT!!!

whoops wrong thread!?!?
never mind.

Reactions: 3 people
The real story here: he committed to GT over Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt recruited him hard and he didn't seem to consider them that closely. In fact, recruiting at Vandy has fallen off a cliff since Franklin left.

It sounds like Mitchell was looking for a top academic program, which is why GT, Stanford, and Duke were all on his radar. At UT, he would've likely been buried deep on the depth chart, and wouldn't have had as many academic opportunities as he would at a place like GT or Stanford.

Think he made the right choice. If you have the brains and want a future in engineering, computer, tech, etc, then it doesn't get much better than GT.

Ron they are being sarcastic. It's back from the jab Lane made to a recruit once. Everyone is happy for the young man and wishes him the best of luck.

Ding ding ding!

I was just teasing.....I wish him the best of luck! Georgia Tech is an outstanding school

He new he could not see the field at Tennessee with the talent we got and will have on the way, nice problem to have when a player knows he not good enough to play, plus it shows me he doesn't have it in him to compete, don't need them like that.

He new he could not see the field at Tennessee with the talent we got and will have on the way, nice problem to have when a player knows he not good enough to play, plus it shows me he doesn't have it in him to compete, don't need them like that.
It's not about whether he has competitive drive or he was afraid to compete it's the fact one school is giving him a full ride scholly and the other he'd have to walk on due to lack of available scholarships.

VN Store

Back