Brant Mitchell "spurns" Vols

He new he could not see the field at Tennessee with the talent we got and will have on the way, nice problem to have when a player knows he not good enough to play, plus it shows me he doesn't have it in him to compete, don't need them like that.

You've obviously never seen the kid play. Go watch his style then get back to me on the compete thing. He would see the field at UT in a few years,, just got caught up in a numbers game. Otherwise he would have received a commitable offer from us no doubt.

u17w83i.gif

Brant is a prototypical MLB with great size & speed for that position. Kid has a mean streak on the field, hits like a hammer and is relentless with his effort. He will have a great career at GT. Our numbers at his position was the only reason his offer wasn't committable. Best of luck to Brant.

You've obviously never seen the kid play. Go watch his style then get back to me on the compete thing. He would see the field at UT in a few years,, just got caught up in a numbers game. Otherwise he would have received a commitable offer from us no doubt.

If Dooley was still here we WOULD have Brandt Mitchell AND
Petera wilson BUT wouldn't have Bates, Cherry or Gavin Bryant.

If will filled the roster with every TN kid who always dreamed of being a Vol, we would never be any good

That's just fact. We have always had to recruit nationally to compete. Its the natural order at UT

If will filled the roster with every TN kid who always dreamed of being a Vol, we would never be any good

That's just fact. We have always had to recruit nationally to compete. Its the natural order at UT

The good news is that the level of talent is changing dramatically within the state, so that we can land 6-8 great prospects every class..maybe more some years. That is huge for the program, and makes recruiting a little easier. JMO of course.

He new he could not see the field at Tennessee with the talent we got and will have on the way, nice problem to have when a player knows he not good enough to play, plus it shows me he doesn't have it in him to compete, don't need them like that.

Just dumb

VN Store

Back