Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

He did everything but win clutch games for us...we oughta heed his advice. :)

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see how he can complain about anything these players and coaches do after he threw the Kentucky game because he didn't want to go to a low level bowl game.

I also heard he wouldn't have been eligible for the bowl game if they did make one...along with a few others

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see how he can complain about anything these players and coaches do after he threw the Kentucky game because he didn't want to go to a low level bowl game.

Exactly. He quit that season - didn't want to practice for an extra month during bowl season, so he pissed away the Kentucky game in a 15/38 and 2 int performance. We lost to a WR playing QB!

Reactions: 3 people
This is pure revisionist history. He earned every ounce of his bad reputation.

He was a young and dumb college kid. He did some dumb stuff but wouldn't it be safe to say that Butch has a stronger grasp on the kids and Dooley just let them run wild because he frankly didn't care? Do you think if Butch coached Bray he would have been more behaved or the same? I'm not challenging you, just interested in your opinion.

If only Dobbs could pass half as good as Bray did....... We play timid cause Dobbs can't make a pass 10 yards or longer down the field.

You are right about the defense but Lane and Neal both averaged 5 yards a carry(Hurd averages 4.5)..problem was the defense was so bad that we had to pass to catch up
we averaged 36 points a game but gave up 35
2012 Tennessee Volunteers Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
You don't win on just having good 1's in this league. You have to be Two deep across the board to compete. We had some pieces on offense. Not enough to beat good teams though. We were also hamstrung by Dooley's lack of in game coaching.. Looked brain dead at times. His whole tenure was a big fat joke and a FU to the fan base by Mike Hamilton and whoever made the decision to hire that clown.

Reactions: 2 people
It would've been very smart to start throwing the ball all over the field. It's not like we were physically man handling them and wearing them out and controlling the clock, field position and pace of the game.
Surely anyone can see that we were in a very desperate situation and we really needed to take chances and throw the ball a lot!

LOl

He got a bad rap because of Dooley. He obviously still cares about the program. I would have liked to have seen him play under Jones' discipline but then again he is a pocket qb.

While Dooley sucked, Bray got a bad rap because of his own actions and making comments about playing in a crappy bowl

Reactions: 6 people
Sorry, I was not a big fan of TB.....something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. I agree, being under Dooley was not ideal, this was more about him never being a positive role model for the team...........JMO.

He was a young and dumb college kid. He did some dumb stuff but wouldn't it be safe to say that Butch has a stronger grasp on the kids and Dooley just let them run wild because he frankly didn't care? Do you think if Butch coached Bray he would have been more behaved or the same? I'm not challenging you, just interested in your opinion.

No. Dooley was bad football coach, but I'll never agree that he just didn't care. Tyler was immature and a terrible representative of the Big Orange throughout his time on Rocky Top. Tyler may now be coachable, but he wasn't then - not by anyone. If anything, had Butch been his coach Tyler would have found himself holding a one way ticket down the Riley Ferguson Expressway -- which is probably why Tyler decided not to return for his final season.

Reactions: 5 people
The defense was terrible and the Oline was seriously overrated. Tennessee beat nobody while Dooley was here. Mainly becasue of his coaching , depth and lack of talent. We could score some points but couldn't stop anyone, nor could we run the ball when we needed too.

That was true in 2012. In 2011, the D was pretty good...but we had some key injuries on O (Hunter & Bray).

No. Dooley was bad football coach, but I'll never agree that he just didn't care. Tyler was immature and a terrible representative of the Big Orange throughout his time on Rocky Top. Tyler may now be coachable, but he wasn't then - not by anyone. If anything, had Butch been his coach Tyler would have found himself holding a one way ticket down the Riley Ferguson Expressway -- which is probably why Tyler decided not to return for his final season.

Fair enough. Appreciate your reply.

It would've been very smart to start throwing the ball all over the field. It's not like we were physically man handling them and wearing them out and controlling the clock, field position and pace of the game.
Surely anyone can see that we were in a very desperate situation and we really needed to take chances and throw the ball a lot!

LOl

Most of VN agrees strongly with you and isn't smart enough to know you are using blue font

Can't really argue with Bray's first tweet. We've seen a large enough sample size to see this recurring trend. But, I'm still proud of the boys last night. OL and Hurd closed out the game on the last Offensive drive.

As mentioned in several posts I did not like Bray the player. But if he has matured and wants to pull for and support this program I am for giving him a chance. I would rather support him as a VFL than Arian Foster, who was really good at UT, but a liar about our school and program. Foster should never be invited back for any reason.

He's right but there's an unwritten rule amongst the hashtag VFL lovers that you can't criticize anything a program is doing in any way because you're not a VFL if you do that.

Last night was a good win and it very easily could've been much worse score-wise but you've gotta be able to put games away against bad teams. Tennessee had four drives after going up 19-0: punt, punt, punt, and punt.

Reactions: 4 people
I just wish Bray could have won one big game, or have had one winning season at UT...he was a spoiled brat while he was here and I don't really care what he has to say - he knows nothing about winning football - he only wants to be in the spotlight...

Reactions: 4 people
He's right but there's an unwritten rule amongst the hashtag VFL lovers that you can't criticize anything a program is doing in any way because you're not a VFL if you do that.

Last night was a good win and it very easily could've been much worse score-wise but you've gotta be able to put games away against bad teams. Tennessee had four drives after going up 19-0: punt, punt, punt, and punt.

TB wasn't even close to being right. He's a QB and EVERY QB thinks throwing the ball on every play is the answer. It would've been inexcusable to start throwing the ball around in the 2nd half.

VN Store

Back