Bray tweets about the Mizzou game

TB wasn't even close to being right. He's a QB and EVERY QB thinks throwing the ball on every play is the answer. It would've been inexcusable to start throwing the ball around in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying you need to throw it on every other down; that's foolish when you have Jalen Hurd. One accurate downfield play action toss ends that game, though.

Reactions: 2 people
He's right but there's an unwritten rule amongst the hashtag VFL lovers that you can't criticize anything a program is doing in any way because you're not a VFL if you do that.

Last night was a good win and it very easily could've been much worse score-wise but you've gotta be able to put games away against bad teams. Tennessee had four drives after going up 19-0: punt, punt, punt, and punt.

It's been that way all year. That's why you had a few national guys picking against us.. They knew we'd leave them hanging around. Good thing for us is the defense has played very well as of late, maybe it's just bad offensives. The Dline has been getting better by the week though. They hit Lock a bunch last night and made him uncomfortable. Their offense has been garbage all year so i think some of them thought Misery would ride the emotion train to victory, didn't happen.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not saying you need to throw it on every other down; that's foolish when you have Jalen Hurd. One accurate downfield play action toss ends that game, though.

There were several plays called but Dobbs pulled it down because the WR weren't open. Dobbs made the right call. Why on earth take a chance when you have the game in hand. Very well played and called game.

Lol

The game was already over unless there was a TO that went for a score

That's the point for playing exactly the way we played

Look, if you liked the play calling, that's fine too. Tennessee won. Just happy I didn't see the number 17.

What are you talking about? 11 of the 12 players that the Vols had on offense during Bray's last year signed NFL contracts

If we could somehow take Dooley's offense (players + coaches) and everything else from the current team (defense + special teams) we would finally have the results we are all waiting for (type of team we had back in the 90's under the great CPF).

As mentioned in several posts I did not like Bray the player. But if he has matured and wants to pull for and support this program I am for giving him a chance. I would rather support him as a VFL than Arian Foster, who was really good at UT, but a liar about our school and program. Foster should never be invited back for any reason.

These guys actually put their body on the line for the program, something most of us have never done (liver doesn't count :)).

How gracious of you to "give them a chance" to be around the program

Right, because Dobbs has thrown...how many pick sixes at Tennessee?

But you want him to try right? You guys are like the fans at Arkansas who wanted more passing when they had McFadden and Jones in the backfield....

If we could somehow take Dooley's offense (players + coaches) and everything else from the current team (defense + special teams) we would finally have the results we are all waiting for (type of team we had back in the 90's under the great CPF).

Agreed. Our current offensive system frustrates me to no end.

If you cant see this staff coaches timid with leads your either lying to take up for the staff or your not watching the games. It has cost us 2 games this year odds are it will cost us some next.

He's right but there's an unwritten rule amongst the hashtag VFL lovers that you can't criticize anything a program is doing in any way because you're not a VFL if you do that.

Last night was a good win and it very easily could've been much worse score-wise but you've gotta be able to put games away against bad teams. Tennessee had four drives after going up 19-0: punt, punt, punt, and punt.

:rock::good!:

If you cant see this staff coaches timid with leads your either lying to take up for the staff or your not watching the games. It has cost us 2 games this year odds are it will cost us some next.

I will tell you what cost us 2 games

An inability to get first downs on the ground while running the clock out. Elite teams do that and we aren't there yet but last night we got over that hump.

3 straight first downs with all running plays ran out the clock.

Great sign going forward against such a solid defense

VN Store

Back